the Rift

[DROP] everything burns [LIGHT/FIRE DROP]

Ingrid Posts: 42
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Equine :: 16.0 hh :: 2 (Frostfall) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Sky

Reference Credit

Ingrid had her gaze fixed on the cheetah, and she tensed when it got to its paws. Then there was a stir in the crowd. What's going on? she wondered. Suddenly, bright lights flared up near her hooves and she felt a terrible heat on her belly. The smell of something burning hit her nose. FIRE! I knew it. I knew it was going to eat us. Ingrid darted sideways, crow hopping to avoid the flames while the orange glow of the giant heart pyre danced in the whites of her eyes. Embers scattered into the air as she leaped wildly back and forth, her pulse pounding in her ears. She might have bowled someone over if she hadn't caught a stallion's voice over the din. She turned to see a bay, he carried himself with authority and was busily both working and barking out orders. She shook herself. Panicking wasn't going to fix anything, but maybe helping this horse would. Plus it didn't take a genius to realize his idea of clearing a fire break made sense. Taking a deep breath, she joined him and a hybrid mare in pulling the weeds, trying to widen bare patch. As she dug, she remembered Linger telling her about a forest fire when she was little. Her younger self had listened intently while the stallion described how a windstorm had blown embers from a bush fire over a vast river and right into the canopy of the ancient oak woodland on the other side. "Hey," she called, hoarse from both the work and the smoke that was now gathering in the air, "does anyone have wind magic? This fire break won't work if the wind blows embers into the tall grass."

Sketch Box

Summary: Ingrid panics at first, but then calms down and goes to help Weaver and Reichenbach build the firebreak. She realizes that if the wind blows the fire towards the grass, they're all doomed, so she calls for anyone with wind magic to help prevent that from happening.
Ingrid is seeking Time x Light :: Clairvoyance -- The ability for her to view other places and events through her mind's eye. Suggested list of restrictions can be found on her

Tandavi The Fire Dancer Posts: 245
World's Edge Nurse atk: 6.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Natraj :: Plain Kitsune :: Fire Charks

TANDAVI & NATRAJ
we walked a lonely road
beneath the fire of a thousand suns

Disaster strikes quickly, as it is wont to do. One moment they stand in innocuous anticipation; the next fire is biting at their feet, a threatening force that hisses and licks, taunting them into action, riling them into fear. Fire Dancer leaps away from the encroaching fire, dark eyes narrowing as she surveys the damage, busy mind racing as she tries to determine the best course of action, the appropriate response. Desperately she reaches for some useful strand of magic, a tendril of power she can use to quell this siege- but the equines gathered have mounted a rather physical response, and the girl is at a loss.

Still, there is something she can do.

Following the high pitched squeals of a concerned child, Tandavi follows Dramyrth to Maude's and the other filly's side. A man dressed in green has run off with the child's watering can, but the Fire Dancer has more immediate ideas- "Do you see them digging?" she asks, deep voice fast as she gestures toward where Reichenbach and others are building a fire wall. "We're going to do the same thing- that way the fire will have to stay on one side, and will burn out by itself. Help me dig, and tell everyone to stay on the outside of the fire break, okay?"

Natraj is setting an early example, digging as fast as his tiny paws can manage (so not with any particular speed). His sister joins, kicking up brush to make a thick line of earth, hoping it's enough to keep the flames at bay, ready to throw her body on the first sign of an escapee ember.

credit | credit

Seeking [ Light x Fire (u) :: able to control the shape of her healing sparks, forming them into animals, weapons, etc. ]
Refusal One
Refusal Two

o. pixel pony credit to tamme
o. permission granted to use force and magic on Tavi
o. only tag me in opening posts, please!

Yael Posts: 186
World's Edge Seer atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 :: 39 - appears 8 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zani :: Serval :: None Astor

yael

When it appears that the flame-cat stares at Yael, the golden mare returns the gaze, occasionally blinking, but otherwise fairly unmoved. Something is going to happen, and until then, Yael can be awfully patient.

Eventually, the cat moves, and when it does, little pockets of fire spring up around the assembled. A short gasp escapes her mouth, but like Amaris, she is unafraid of the fire - merely startled - and then worried. Yael takes a moment to shoot the fire-cat a fierce glare. This is different than ants or a greedy yeti, or herding turkeys; fire is dangerous. Asshole. Small, dainty hooves go about trying to snuff out the ones closest to her, but she is small - and that is work better suited for one of the draftier types. Her wings are of little help here too, because air, oxygen, fans the flames, and so she cannot take off and find something from above.

No, Yael is far better at setting things on fire than she is at putting them out. But -

What better way to fight magic than with magic? Her dragon claws were good for digging, her jaws meant for tearing and ripping, so she could either throw dirt on the fire or try and stop it from reaching the rest of the meadow. The latter seemed like a better choice. The golden mare shifts, the white-silver of her locks covering the rest of her body, until she is covered in scales and feathers turn to leather. Heading to the other side of the group, Yael’s claws rip up a wide, shallow trench behind the group of horses as they do their own various things to put the fire out. Dirt flies to the sides as she literally sits on her haunches and scoops from the middle. Perhaps the others can use the dirt.

Yael doesn’t stop until she meets the other two on the fire-break team, wherever that may be.

trust your heart if the seas catch fire

live by love, though the stars walk backwards

Image © littlewillow-art

[Yael goes dragon and helps dig the fire-break with her talons]

Seeking [Magic: Fire | The ability to automatically regulate her body temperature to keep warm in cold weather]
[Restrictions: Of no use in battle]
Prior refusal: One

Please only tag in starter posts, or if the thread is getting dusty
Force and magic allowed, no death please

Vesper Posts: 46
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Tribrid :: 14.3hh :: Two
Everly :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Kiki

- V E S P E R -
"STARING DOWN THE STARS, JEALOUS OF THE MOON."

A little laugh escaped me, involuntarily, at the idea of the God of the Sun keeping pets such as this one.  I couldn’t imagine him keeping the company of such things - especially not like the fire foxes that I’d run into not so long ago.  However the image was certainly amusing.  I was certainly glad that Maude was here, because I instantly felt more at ease than I had before.  I appreciated that more than I could say. 

But that feeling, reassuring as it was, was short-lived.  I shuffled back a step or two when the flames appeared from seemingly nowhere.   “We have to smother them with water or dirt or something!” I managed to answer, though the fear in my gut was growing rapidly.  Oh, how I wished Papa was here now.  But he wasn’t, and I had to handle this on my own. My instinct was to step on the flames, to try to stamp them to death.  As soon as the thought crossed my mind, Everly interjected. No! Use dirt. No burn legs! she said, urgently.  I said nothing, but used my wings to try to scoop dirt onto the flames as quickly as I could, hoping to smother those nearest to me.  I hardly processed the fact that Maude was offering her watering can - an offer swiftly taken up by someone - I was too busy at work on the flames slowly licking closer.  

However, it was was Everly who again came to my aid.  Dragon come, stand back! she shouted, urgently.  I spotted the golden dragon who had been accompanying one of the mares that Maude had been with, and again a flicker of relief began to fight back the fear gnawing at my insides.  I wasn’t on my own.  Even now.  So as to ensure that I could get clear of the frosty breath of the creature, Everly began to beat her wings - slowing time so that I could move away more easily and ensure that pockets of flame were being extinguished. After the dragon passed, Everly ceased with her ability and time returned to its normal pace.  The other mare who had been standing with Maude explains the idea of a fire wall.  I find myself simply nodding my head - willing to do whatever it takes to stop the flames. Her kitsune reminds me of Papa’s, which again helps contribute to easing the fear, and I follow her lead without question.  I dig with both my hooves in my wings, scooping as much raw earth as I can in an attempt to shield the more flammable grasses from the flames. 

drawing by mar

Mentions @Maude  @Amaris @Tandavi

Summary: Tries to throw dirt on flames, Everly uses Roc companion magic to slow time and allow her to avoid the dragon's frost breath and stamp out any spots he missed, begins to work on fire break with tandavi. 

Vesper is seeking:
Magic (A) [Dark x Light] – Emits a star-like glow from within capable of blinding foes

One prior refusal: link
wishlist

Please tag Vesper in every post.
Force and magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.

image credit

Wessex Posts: 149
Aurora Basin Haruspex atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 3 HP: 68 | Buff: NOVICE
Astor

I AM IRON AND I FORGE MYSELF

That little fucker.

The moment bouts of flame start sprouting out of nowhere around them, Wessex becomes angry. “What the fuck?” she says loudly, balking a bit to try and survey just exactly what is going on. Quickly scanning the area, she sees that the flaming bits are spread out over the area the observers cover. The ones in her immediate vicinity are easy to take care of - Wessex drops to her knees and then rolls back and forth over them quickly, smothering them and covering them in whatever dry dirt she can kick up while on her back.

The bulky woman’s hooves in the air must make quite the funny picture indeed - but it seems a logical response to her. Someone asks about wind magic, and Wessex replies, “Better to smother it! Fire can be unpredictable, wind is too dangerous.” The large mare then races from point to point, joining the ones who aren’t digging a trench in their efforts to stomp out or bury the mischievous flames in their own way. Luckily for Wessex, her hooves are large and she’s taken worse than a couple of minor burns.

W E S S E X

image credit
-- please tag in all posts! --
-- magic and force allowed, no death or permanent damage --

Astarot Posts: 81
Dragon's Throat Sun Physician atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 2 (Birdsong) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zafír :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Pare
The stallion smiles at the dragon mare before whispering a question into her ear, "Did you find your cousin Amaris?" He hoped she had found the lady she had come to the Throat in search of. He only wished he had found his mother as he wished she found her family. He turned back to watch the fire cat his mind whirling silently. Zafir cooed her own curiosity as she watched the cheetah before turning to look at Dramyrth hopefully. She craved him more than she had craved the dragon's in her bonded's family. They could be fun, but nothing like having a king at your side.

Fire erupted around them drawing the blue's attention swiftly. Astarot flinched sideways his head tossing at the sudden light and heat. Zafir launched into the air blowing her un-mastered breath on the flames at her bonded's hooves and tail. A yell from a young girl calmed him, centered his thoughts. He jumped into action and raced towards the dry grass. He started to scrape at the earth. Zafir turned her attention to the grass as well laying a thin layer of frost on the brown fodder. If anything it should dampen the kindling and keep it from going up in smoke.

He knew fire could be dangerous, but he had never seen anything like this happen before. He smiled as everyone did what they could to put the fires out. He glanced around pausing for just a second making sure that nobody was getting in over their heads, before he turned back to his scraping. If he could get enough dirt over the grass there was no way the fires could spread. Sweat slowly popped up over his light colored pelt as he worked.
-----------------------------------------
Talk
Words;; 291
OOC/Tags;; Smiles at @Armaris [Magic: Light x Fire| Can breath healing fire onto wounds]
--[Restrictions | Larger wounds take more focus/energy]
Astarot & Zafir
Remeber who you are.play?

image | coding
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_trans_tag_by_are_we_...a8y6wy.png]

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
Chaos.

And amongst the chaos, there is a dragon.

Time seemed to freeze as the scent of a dragon entered the scene - not a companion dragon, but a true dragon. Amaris had not smelt nor seen as much since her mother, the DragonHeart walked the lands in her great golden body.

Golden eyes locked onto the form of the silver with an intensity that appeared within the dragonmare only very occasionally. Within her breast, a golden queen dragon roared to life - though no sound was made, no movement summoned. Dramyrth, startled by this sensation within his bond, hastened back to her side, curious as to the presence of the great silver dragon but more curious about the queen who evidently resided deep within Amaris.

Images, memories, flickered through her mind, faster than the golden king could make sense of them, of her mother, her silver sister, her silver grandmother - was this silver queen of similar lineage? Or was she a new dragon, from a new land, a new history and lore and magic?

Amaris longed to know more. More of her, of her magic, of dragons.

Time sped up again.

Amaris snapped back to attention, realised what the majority of the others were doing and immediately instructed Dramyrth to help further - "Dramyrth will use his breath to fill the trench with ice once it is dug," she warned those around as she moved with light steps towards the silver dragon, quelling the queen within herself ( that's not going to last long, she knew, but not was no time to allow the golden dragon queen of her true nature to come out and make things worse ).

The dragonmare swing her scythed tail around and plunged the point deep into the earth, before dragging it along, using both her hair and the dirt to further squash the flames from being. Her golden king, Dramyrth, happily flew about and filled what areas he safely could ( without freezing anyone's body parts off in the process ) with his icy breath.

Dragons, was all Amaris could think.

Sorry for the 2nd post, Amaris has to derp out about @Yael 's magic lol.
Amaris is helping Yael dig her break-line while Dramyrth is freezing what bits he can (without hurting anyone).
Daniel Schiersner @ flickr & larfsalot @ deviantart
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

A slow flick of the fire cheetah’s tail sent sparks off in tons of directions as it watched. A hunger was rising in it - not the hunger for flesh that regular cheetahs might feel, but a hunger for destruction and for things burnt to the ground. For those gathered here today to be burnt to the ground.

It watched impassively as they attempted to stop and splash out the flames, some of the more ambitious ones attempting to build a fire break. Most of them were successful, Toulouse fetching some water that would snuff out the flames he poured it on, the hooves of Maude and Iona snuff out the fires around them while Weaver, Reichenbach, Yael, Vesper, Astarot and Ingrid successfully work together make a firebreak preventing the flames from spreading to the grass. And it almost worked... But Tandavi’s portion did not connect fast enough and some of the fire snaked out, licking the grass on the other side of the hard-won break. The fire seems to sigh more than roar, as though it is eager to stretch and race along this bountiful food.

The sweeping movements of Amaris’ tail only fanned the flames around her more - and they sparked up with an intensity unnatural. But then, what about this situation was natural? Wessex’s attempts at stomping out the flames around the others were also unsuccessful - the flames snaking out of the way of the mare’s large hooves and flaring up more with the little rush of air created with each stomp.

Then the cheetah made of fire moved. A flash of movement that was in stark contrast to the slow, measured movements it had been using before. Through the gap in the fire break it launched, landing in the tall grass - its movement punctuated by the rise of fire as it danced and ran around the merry group of horses.

Most of the small fires within the circle where they had all been standing before were out now, but they were dull and unimportant things compared to the wall of fire that the cheetah left in its wake, surrounding them all.

Many faces seemed to appear within that wall, cheetahs and lions and hyenas - all manner of predators eyeing the horses within the fiery cage as a meal.

The cheetah was suddenly back where it had been just moments ago - sitting on the edge of the Heart. Waiting and watching.

Good job working together on the fire break! But OH NO it wasn't enough! Now everyone is surrounded by a wall of fire!!

The list of characters was randomized and then a die was rolled to see whether they were successful (even number) or unsuccessful (odd number) in their attempts at putting out the fires/making the fire break list here

You have 72 hours to reply to this final round

Image Credits

Tandavi The Fire Dancer Posts: 245
World's Edge Nurse atk: 6.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Natraj :: Plain Kitsune :: Fire Charks

TANDAVI & NATRAJ
we walked a lonely road
beneath the fire of a thousand suns

Not only does she fail- she fails miserably, her efforts as ever falling short; all the girl can do is watch in horror as the beast of fire slips through the space, its licking heat striking her face with the force of a furnace, unforgiving and deadly. Copper child retreats from its force, ears pinned back and face slick with sweat. Her eyes dart quickly to the fillies she has so dismally failed to defend, to her cousin, to the others.

By the time she looks back, they are surrounded by fire.

And not just fire- faces leer through the rising flames, hungry and searching, predatory and wild. Fear grips tight at the girl's heart- the wall is complete, unbroken, surrounding them all and, it feels, closing in. But the maiden's terror followed quickly by a steel resolve- she is the Fire Dancer, after all, a creature of embers and acolyte of the Sun. Hasn't she seen worse than this? Lived through darkness- what, after that, is some excess light? In a moment the girl seems to shift, neck straightening, back lengthening, passion blooming ardent in her copper breast. And then the shift continues, scales and wings rising from a copper back - and Yael's magic is in her veins, and the girl is an equine no more.

Instead of a horse, a great copper dragon stands where the Fire Dancer once was. "Don't be afraid," she says to the fillies, to the assembled group, to herself, her voice dark deep as it slithers through sharpened teeth. She steps toward the wall of flame, black eyes bright and challenging. "If you can fly over, fly high- if you can't..." she looks at Maude, at Amaris, at Reichenbach, a silent request for faith in her gaze. "We'll jump through. I can heal any wounds, once we're on the other side."

She has never taken authority before, and it feels strange, heavy on her tongue. Perhaps nobody will heed her- but maybe they will. Regardless, she readies herself, trying to operate her new wings without too much awkwardness, hoping at least some others are doing the same. Embers leap around her draconic body - clean embers, her own magic, ready to jump out and heal at a moment's notice. She no longer cares about preserving the grass. There are more important things at stake.

"Ready?" the Fire Dancer cries. "One, two... three!"

She spreads her wings, hoping to form some sort of wall, to push away the flames, willing to burn for those she loves. Natraj is hunched in the space of her shoulders, curled up tight in self defense. Her body leaps quickly through the biting fire, wings pushing down to force it out of her wake; as soon as she lands she spins around, black eyes searching for signs of the others, bright heart pounding wildly in her chest.

credit | credit

Tandavi uses Yael's magic to turn into a dragon, then leaps through the flames, trying to clear a path and encouraging everyone else to do the same. She'll also heal anyone who gets burnt <3

Seeking [ Light x Fire (u) :: able to control the shape of her healing sparks, forming them into animals, weapons, etc. ]
Refusal One
Refusal Two

Iona Posts: 100
World's Edge Specter atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 11 (birdsong) HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Iver :: Osprey :: None Kiki

I O N A

Iona could tolerate a lot of bullshit, but not this brand of mortal peril bullshit.  She spun around, looking for a weak spot in the wall of flames, but she saw only the faces of hungry predators staring back at her.  A snort escaped flared nostrils as she processed her options.  There were still many without wings imprisoned in the circle - including children - so leaving was not an option.  It was very clear to Iona that the source of all of this was the cheetah itself. It created the small flames. It created this prison they now found themselves in. If they wanted out, they had to deal with the cheetah. The source, not the symptoms. 

Fuck this, fire kitty dies, Iona thought to herself - thinking better to speak her thoughts aloud for fear someone would stop her. But she sees that others are already trying to leap through the flames, and she knows she has to act before someone is injured.  Without a word, she leaps straight into the air, her powerful wings carrying her above the flames and to safety.  Instantly, her emerald eyes are seeking the goddamn cheetah who deciding roasting everyone alive would be a fun way to spend the afternoon.  And the damn cat is just sitting there in the same place, without a care in the damn world, while the others are trapped in fiery hell.  Rage blooms in Iona’s gut that she struggles to quell, as this one creature has managed to validate all of the fears and prejudices she’s held for years regarding magic.  Memories of traumatic past experiences flicker in her mind, and the black mare refuses to let them breech the wall of composure she’d spent years construction. 

No no, pretty kitty wasn’t allowed such power over her. She’d have the last laugh today.  So, from altitude, the mare turns and dives at the cat - doing her best to cloak her descent in the thick smoke - hoping that she could land atop the creature and put a stop to this madness.  She wasn’t thinking of herself or the possible burns she could sustain. She just wanted it to end.

image credit

Summary: Officially done with this bullshiz - flies off to go kill the devil kitty via ionasmash. 

Iona is seeking: 
:: [ Magic: DarkxLight | Ability to see enchantments as shadowy aura]
:: [ Restrictions | Requires permission outside battle. Lasts 2 posts in battle.]
Wishlist

Two Prior Refusals: 
one
two

Please tag IONA in all posts.
Force and magic permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
image credit 

Reichenbach Posts: 62
Dragon's Throat Guardian atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.0
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 8 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Space
[Image: SnEpwRE.png]
R E I C H E N B A C H

Reich watched with dismay as the cheetah leaps to and fro and began the start of an even bigger fire, a raging wall of flame that encircled the group of them. Shifting subconsciously to stand beside Toulouse, he could not help the fury that built in his ribs, his belly, his heart. His anger seared to the top, and as he had done often before, Reich lost his temper. Silver eyes blazing, he watched as those with wings took off, glancing with disbelief at those they left behind. More than he ever had, he wished for a pair of wings to fly anyone he could away and out from the fire. For a moment, Reich considered leaping through the flames - but he would not leave anyone within the circle. There were younglings, and other wingless folk... Toulouse.. he knew that he would not leave without ensuring every soul was safe. Tandavi and Iona might have been doing things for the good of the group - but how was he to know such a thing? All it looked like to the furious bay man was abandonment. He roared, moving toward the cheetah with ill intent.

"Leave them be!" Was his furious yell, ears pinned back as he fearlessly approached. He cared little about burns, or approaching a creature made of magic and flame, his only controllable thought was protecting those that could not protect themselves - and selfishly, he cared more that those he knew (namely, Toulouse) escaped without harm. Aware that speaking to the feline had not gained results before, he advanced threateningly. Perhaps he would be vanquished in a wall of flame and predators, or be taken down by a cheetah made of flame - regardless, if he could provide even the slightest chance of escape for those he cared about, he'd take whatever fate wanted to throw at him.

Reich is seeking FIRE X WIND :: rings of magma can be summoned to circle his body
No prior refusals!
please tag Reich in all posts
Force & Magic allowed short of permanent maiming & death

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
Fire had always been a part of her life - the power of fire and light was inextricably bound to her, she had known it since her very birth and lived with it always. Being part dragon, and spending enough of her life surrounded by dragon-folk, the dragonmare knew of fire.

This was not fire.

This was torture.

As the flames grew around them, the dragonmare's actions became more frantic, before ceasing altogether as the realisation of hopelessness settled in. This was no normal fire - this was magic, fierce, destructive and cruel magic.

Just as the dragonmare looked to her cousin, she watched the transformation take place, watched her beloved coppery cousin bend and change and transform into that which awoke the queen within Amaris before. Dragon, another one, this time wearing the face of her cousin. The queen within roared again, seeking to dominate, to destroy and otherwise maim that which appeared as a threat to her most primal urges.

Dramyrth, her mind pleaded, ( the dragon was far too interested in this primal queen he had only just been introduced to within his bonded, but came anyway ), help Tandavi, she instructed. The golden king did her bidding, following Tandavi closely with his icy breath to make the path as safe as possible for those who would take it out of the flames.

But Amaris was not following - she was turning away them from all.

She did something she had not done before, and invited the anger, the rage, the primal desires of her inner queen to the forefront of her being. Though she did not change outwardly in any dramatic way, she held herself with more authority, her nape arched as energy filled her twitching, impatient muscles. Amaris was not following her cousin out of the flames - no, she would follow those who sought to extinguish these destruction, accursed flames to its source.

That damned cat.

She did not take to the wing like the painted mare just before her, but instead carved a mirror path to the dark equine stallion towards the fiery apparition. She did not know exactly what she would do once she got there - she ran close to the wall, and flicked her whip with a startling crack! at any of the strange faces she saw amongst the flames. The dragonmare cared not for the burns she would almost certainly sustain - the queen within her had risen, and she was numb to all except the rage - now was her time to destroy, to be the destructive force that this magical being was trying to be against them.

Vaguely, she recalled someone shouting not to harm the cat before. And the queen within her laughed, as she hurtled towards this demon of fire and light.

Dramyrth uses his ice-breath to cool the path that Tandavi makes out of the flames, to help make it safer for any who cross.
Amaris charges the cheetah in all her crankypants glory.

Seeking:
Magic: Fire x Light | (U) Able to summon 3 small dragon spirits, or 1 royal dragon spirit.
Wishlist: http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=7033
Prior refusals:
1. http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=7980
2. http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=10437
3. http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=23055

Daniel Schiersner @ flickr & larfsalot @ deviantart
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Toulouse Posts: 146
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 8.0 | def: 11.0 | dam: 4.0
Gelding :: Equine :: 17hh :: Six HP: 74 | Buff: ENDURE
Boomslang :: Green Ratsnake :: Paralyze Neverrmind
TOULOUSE
KNIVES OUT. CATCH THE MOUSE.

TAG
No one
OUTFIT
green scarf, Cäkäna
WORDS
NOTES

Q
uite revlieved to have seen his watering method had worked, though, as usual, one problem always lead to another. Within a manner of seconds he found himself surrounded by a ring of fire; innescapable at first, though upon further inprection he noted how it might be jumped over, all with some injury. His mind turned quickly to @Maude , fragile and brittle to something so descructive.
"The young ones go first!" He declared, striding towards the pale girl, one who would for certain be chained to a tree for the rest of her days should her father find out about this little expedition.
Fitting his top two prongs underneath her ribcage, Toulouse attempt to help hoist the filly over the wall of flame and fury, giving a great grunt as he began his attempt, and praying to whichever god was watching that she made it across.

A frightened, angry, and partially jealous gaze turned to Iona as she beat her wings once or twice and managed to lift herself out of the deadly situation. A great glare crossed his eyes towards the woman he would still consider his nemesis. "OH! Yes! Of course! By all means Iona! Flutter your own pretty self out of here, who cares if the little ones end up a sunday roast!"
Turning to look upon the other filly, one who appeared taller and older than Maude, Toulouse gave a cheer to his friend Reichenbach. "Help the little ones!" He boomed, gaze soon crossing to Yael; another friend and Weaver, a heard-sister.

A cough ruptured from his burning lungs, the fire beginning to seer his coat and voluptuous tail. "And whatever you do-" again, he coughed, spluttering against the smoke "Do NOT harm the cheetah!". Unable to see over the smoke, however, he had no clue that that was exactly what they were doing.
Backing into the middle of the circle, the wall of flame and fury closing in, Toulouse looked around the circle in the hopes of escape... though found none other than to jump, or wait for outside help...

Toulouse tried to save Maude by attempting to throw her over the wall, asks the others present like Weaver and Yael to do the same for Vesper. He then backs into the middle of the cirle, too fearful to jump, waiting for help from the outside!

Toulouse is seeking LIGHT X EARTH :: Can command small creatures/animals by whispering to them in the language of his homeland.
[restrictions: not companions]
He does have one prior refusal at an earth drop (so im not sure if it counts?)
Potential refusal 1.

ISHY of THQ &, Neverrmind + Alsarez-Lynx.

EDIT;
LOVELY BUNNIE HAS GIVEN ME PERMISSION TO 'POWERPLAY', though if you read through it, I say 'attempt' and she has plenty of opportunity to dash away.
I AM THE KEY TO THE LOCK IN YOUR HOUSE—
DO NOT CRY OUT OR HIT THE ALARM
YOU KNOW WE'RE FRIEND TIL WE DIE—

EITHER WAY YOU TURN, I'LL BE THERE
OPEN UP YOUR SKULL, I'LL BE THERE
CLIMBING UP THE WALLS

SO LOCK THE KIDS UP SAFE TONIGHT
CLOSE THE EYES IN THE CUPBOARD

Yael Posts: 186
World's Edge Seer atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 :: 39 - appears 8 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zani :: Serval :: None Astor

yael

The dragon does not fear fire.

Blue eyes whirr an angry, crystalized color, frost fairly radiating from their ireful depths. Not at the group (scattered as they may be), but at the cat, as he laughs at them for their efforts. As he traps the weak and helpless in a ring of flames that have the very real power to hurt and kill. Her former Queen-mind and her dragon-mind stay calm, noting that there are others who leap to threaten their tormentor (she thinks it futile, personally, for what can they do against fire?), and that is fine - but she must stay behind to help.

All of a sudden, there is a copper dragon in the group, and though Yael does not know how or why, she clambers towards it, spreading one wing, out she attempts to make a wall with her, though Tandavi seems to have other things in mind - and she is gone. Growling in frustration, Yael turns her anger into a call for attention, trumpeting to the rest still in the circle. “Leessssten! I can ssssstand more xeat. Jump over my vings vhen I pusssssssh down ze flamessss.” Curling her head back to see if anyone is listening, Yael inches closer to the flames until she can stand the heat no longer. Her great, silver wings with black talons slowly unfurl and with a “Ready, boys?” and a glance behind her to see if Toulouse and Reichenbach and Wessex are she brings her wings down, creating a ramp (not for them to jump on, but to block the worse of the flames), a shield, a barrier against the flames. Let them use her coiled, braced body as a launching post if they must; her scales are hardier than fur and this body has more muscular haunches.

As her face comes close to the burning grass, she can see images dancing within it, and to that - to them, to the cheetah - Yael roars her defiance.

trust your heart if the seas catch fire

live by love, though the stars walk backwards

Image © littlewillow-art

[Yael tries to create a wall/ramp to provide a safe area for the other wingless horses to jump over - still in dragon form]

Seeking:
[Magic: Fire | The ability to automatically regulate her body temperature to keep warm in cold weather]
[Restrictions: Of no use in battle]
Prior refusal: One

Please only tag in starter posts, or if the thread is getting dusty
Force and magic allowed, no death please

Weaver Posts: 149
Aurora Basin Corporal atk: 8.0 | def: 10.0 | dam: 3.0
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.1 :: 3 years HP: 61 | Buff: Novice
Raven :: Australian Raven :: Terrorize Kyra

ask no questions

Part of her loves it, as they fail. Loves the way the flames leap up, the heat of them, the inevitability of death. Though the mortals always try so hard. She simply wants to watch it all burn. Wants to crash with the cheetah and go down in literal flames, fighting tooth and nail, as she always does. But she knows, somewhere in the deepest part of her heart, that she cannot just stand here and watch others die. She will fight though. Screw whatever Toulouse says about not harming the cheetah. Is there shit she can do against a magical cheetah? Nope, probably not. That won’t stop her. Nothing does, that’s the best and worst thing about being her.

Some start trying to get the wingless out, the dragon (it looks so familiar, but she can’t place why) and the Firedancer. She leaves them to it, wasting no time on directions or yelling at people to follow orders. They will do as they plan to do. And there’s only one thing Weaver can do here. She can fight. She can die and rise again and keep fighting. She can’t throw another horse or give them a lift on her back. She’s too small, and she has no magic that will cool or heal or anything useful.

She gives Raven one quick look, and he’s gone, flying high above the flames and to a place of safety. Weaver can’t die, but he can, and he can’t help them here. So, she sends him away to wait for her, whether she joins him in this current life or in her next one. She has lives to spare, and he knows it, though even Raven doesn’t like it. She suspects he feels her pain, and burning to death will hurt like a mother.

She shifts then, taking Raven’s place as her own version of a raven. The rune on her chest is the only part of her that cannot burn, and so, she replaces it with feathers. And then she’s diving through the smoke, past Reich and the diving Iona and going straight for the cheetah and the place where it’s nonexistent eyes should be. As a raven, she is fast and agile in the air, and she moves with talons outstretched, lashing at the fire cheetah. Screw the burns. Screw the pain. If she cannot watch the world burn around her, she would do her best to at least foil the cheetah’s plans. She has no idea if she can blind a creature made of magic, a creature with no eyes in the first place. But she’s going to try.

Summary: Weaver shifts to a raven and tries to attack the cheetah’s face, specifically going for the area where it’s eyes should be.

Seeking
:: [ Magic: Fire | Can create and animate ravens made of fire. ]
No prior refusals

- weaver -

and you'll be told no lies

Image | Quote by Charles Dickens

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by AmoretteRose

Astarot Posts: 81
Dragon's Throat Sun Physician atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 2 (Birdsong) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zafír :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Pare
It seemed to be going their way, for a moment. The fire cat moved in a blaze of flames; Zafir screeched her fear for her bonded as the flames erupted into was wall. Fear for the children flooded the stallion as he yelled, "Zafir, help the foals!" She raced off after the kids her eyes following the mares that turned into dragons themselves and tried to battle the flames down for the kids. Her own meager frost breath trying to beat the flames away so the babes could escape.

Astarot watched some of the others terrified for the others and not himself. They all came before him, even the oldest of the group. Zafir felt what he did but balked against it. She did not think an life should be placed over his. or hers for that matter. She screeched, but kept blowing her frosty magic at the inferno. Scarlet and blue eyes watched a black and white winged mare jump into the air, and Amaris race towards the cheetah. He didn't think killing the thing would do any good. The flames came from it, but they were also separate from the cat.

He raced after them smoke choking his lunges as he hurried after the dragon mare. He didn't think she would be able to do it alone, and he wanted to be there if she needed any help. He stood back and watched the mares attack the beast. He was unaware of how close he was to the flames until it was to late. A scream ripped from his lunges as well as Zafir's. Pain flooded both of them as the flames licked at his right side. The blue raced to him and fluttered next to him blowing soothing frost over his side. The pain was almost blinding. He shied to the left away from the encroaching inferno. Zafir landed beside him her eyes watching the fire on either side of her bonded.

-----------------------------------------
Talk
Words;; 325
OOC/Tags;; Zafir tries to help get the foals out, Astarot gets his right side burned and Zafir joins him to fight the flames away from him
@Vesper @Maude @Armaris [Magic: Light x Fire| Can breath healing fire onto wounds]
--[Restrictions | Larger wounds take more focus/energy]
Astarot & Zafir
Remeber who you are.play?

image | coding
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_trans_tag_by_are_we_...a8y6wy.png]

Maude Posts: 140
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Yearling
Bunnie
Play the music low,
and sway to the rhythm of love;
When Toulouse is the one to grab her watering can, Maude lets out a distinctive huff of disapproval. Of all the people here, him?! Not one to dwell on negatives, however, especially when such a voluminous negative looms over head the minor one, the girl scowls while stamping at the fires.

Her angry face regains a bit of her usual vivid cheer at the sight of the frost breathing dragons, especially Amaris’ splendid gold (though Zafir, too, was bold, and noble!), drifting on spread wings to their rescue. With jettisons of chilly air, the creature quickly subdues the flames about she and Vesper, and Maude looks over at her friend in just enough time to watch the star-flecked filly seem to flicker in and out of existence, so that she appeared to sudden jettison away from the dying fires.

Completely in awe of these minor feats, the child is, of course, not emotionally prepared for the malevolence of what comes next.

With a roar of elemental rage, the fire returns, seeming to be born from the residual embers they had all worked so hard to put out. Immediately clinging to Vesper’s side, all her fearless nature abandoned at the horrible sight of faces in the fire, so like Kiada’s ever present, gentle flames, but much, much more frightening. Squealing in fear, tears promptly make their way down her face, her heart hammering hard in her breast as she casts her gaze about those gathered, hoping that anyone knows what to do.

Don’t be afraid, says an angel beside her, though, and the terrified girl looks at the pretty copper dragon (Miss Tandavi?! she thinks, having missed her transformation in the midst of stamping fires and avoiding the horrid glares of the fire-beasts) with her green eyes wide and glossy with tears. She had meant to be brave at the beginning of this, and to help make sure the cheetah was safe from them, but…

"I… I can help heal too," she tremulously commits, as Toulouse arrives; numbly she reaches for her watering can, and holds it fast to her lips, trying to find comfort in the smooth glass, and the memory of home. Feeling her shivering body slowly regain power over itself, she isn’t sure she wants the cheetah to die, but she certainly wasn’t going to raise her voice now, to stop the winged warriors, leaving clouds of dust in the wake of their swift exits, or those who simply leapt through the flames, over the wings of dragons. Looking at Vesper, and trying her best to smile, the filly reaches out to nudge at her with her copper colored muzzle. "See you on the other side, Vesper."

Gathering all her courage within herself, and clinging fast to that bright, shining flame, the filly nods, and leaps up over Tandavi’s protective wings when she is told; so she intends, anyway.

Feeling Toulouse’s ample horns curve up under her belly as she bounds, the added momentum of his toss sends the small girl flying with the warriors – for a little while, anyway. Clinging fast to her watering can, tucking her knees up to protect both her legs and the fragile glass of her treasured tool, the cremello maiden curls up as small as she can, and tumbles where she lands with thuds and breathy oomphs!

[ Summary: Maude moves to jump over Tandavi's wings, and Toulouse tosses her as she does so. Off she goes. xDD Otherwise is a useless mess. ]

image © zink | coding

Seeking:
Wind x Light :: Generates a shining whirlwind about herself which resists physical damage.
[ Restrictions: Affects only Maude. Lasts for one post in battle. ]
Prior Refusal(s): One

@EVERYONE lol
@Amaris @Astarot @Tandavi @Toulouse @Vesper
Hold onto this lullaby, even when the music's gone.

Vesper Posts: 46
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Tribrid :: 14.3hh :: Two
Everly :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Kiki

- V E S P E R -
"STARING DOWN THE STARS, JEALOUS OF THE MOON."

The calm lasts only for a moment. Just enough time for me to catch my breath, it seems. And then the entire area erupts

My silver eyes were wide with fear as I spun around, searching the wall of flames for a weak point. Everly grabbed a large chunk of my mane and began tugging on it incessantly. Must fly! Go over! she cried which each tug, not taking any care to be gentle.  I looked upwards, and sure enough, the path above was clear, but what about the others?  What about Maude?! I couldn’t just leave her.  The fear made it utterly impossible for me to make a decision.  My heart thundered in my chest, drowning out the sound of the flickering flames.  I stayed close to my friend, watching with wide eyes as dragons attempted to beat down the flames and other took off in pursuit of the very creature who was creating all of this madness.  I knew that I could escape easily, for above the sky was still easily visible.  The heat was becoming oppressive, but I refused to leave my friend.  The skies were not an option for Maude, so I was determined to wait to see her safe before making my own attempt at escape.

I wasn’t sure how viable the solutions across the flames truly were - if people were making it across uninjured.  I wanted to be sure before risking my friend, but Maude seemed undeterred. She didn’t seem to protest or hesitate even though I wanted to.  I smiled at her bravery. “I’ll be right there!” I said, reassuringly, doing my very best to smile. To be confident like she was. 

It didn’t even register that so many people were so concerned with my well being. I was nearly-grown and long been accustomed to taking care of myself. Papa had made sure that I was capable of doing so. In the midst of the fire and the flames, resentment bloomed in my chest for it seemed that everyone saw me as nothing more as a child - something precious that must be saved.  I was certainly pleased that Maude was assisted to safety, but the idea of someone throwing me over the fire caused me to recoil.  My eyes were drawn towards those who went after the creature that created this whole mess.  I watched as they descended upon the creature, feeling some sort of vindication at the sight. 

I stepped back from the others then, Everly finally breathing a sigh of relief as she measured my intentions.  Evidently I was a distraction here, due to my youth, but thankfully I was capable of freeing myself from the flames.  Hopefully, in my absence, the others would think more of saving themselves than worrying about me.  My silver gaze - the same as my father’s, my grandmother’s - flickered around the scene one last time before I unfurled my large, starlit wings and took to the sky - eager to check on my friend. 

drawing by mar

Mentions @Maude  

Summary: Not pleased at situation. Confused why everyone wants to help her since she's ~strong independent long yearling.~  Flies to safety after Maude is safe. 

Vesper is seeking:
Magic (A) [Dark x Light] – Emits a star-like glow from within capable of blinding foes

One prior refusal: link
wishlist

Please tag Vesper in every post.
Force and magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.

image credit

Wessex Posts: 149
Aurora Basin Haruspex atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 3 HP: 68 | Buff: NOVICE
Astor

I AM IRON AND I FORGE MYSELF

There is nothing Wessex can do to stop this - no way to fix it and she has no particular talents that allow her to dampen the flames. In fact, the poor soldier is quite unsuccessful in her attempts to put out the little tufts. But they soon fall to the wayside as something larger, hotter, and far more dangerous springs to life before her - fed by the magic of the fire cheetah. Woaaahhhhh. THIS IS NOT OK. I repeat, THIS IS NOT OK. She has a moment of panic, eyes rolling white, before a few deep, nostril-flaring breaths calm her down.

Unable to fly out of the ring, Wessex begins looking for a place where the flames seem the lowest, or least threatening, or some semblance that she will be able to launch herself over them without incurring too much damage. In the chaos, she spies two dragons, but they seem to be trying to help, so Wessex takes whatever aid they offer, and gladly. Eventually the only ones who are left are herself, Reichenbach, and Toulouse, a mare, and a silver dragon, who glances back at them with a look that seems to say get the fuck out of here. She is only slightly acquainted with both stallions (who stand but a hand taller), but the knowledge that one is a herdmate, and the other would make Tiamat rather sad if he died, makes her stay. The corporal goes down with the ship, if need be. That’s the job she signed up for.

Reaching for @Toulouse  and his scarf, she moves to yank it off him, its so flammable, and then tries to nudge both him and the mare forward, preferring to use her words with @Reichenbach instead. A gust of wind brings smoke straight into her face, and and the flames seem to make the circle even smaller. They’re running out of time. “You three first. Up and over the wings. I’ll be right behind you” Hoping that they choose to follow her direction, instead of trying some sort of chivalrous bullshit, Wessex waits in the heat and smoke until it is her turn to leap to safety.

W E S S E X

image credit

Wessex seeks:
[Magic: Dark x Light | The ability to induce hallucinations]
[Restrictions: Very difficult to maintain in battle, must be within 5m of the character]

No prior refusals
-- please tag in all posts! --
-- magic and force allowed, no death or permanent damage --

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

The fire raged and sought to burn any piece of flesh that it could get close enough to, savouring the delicious pain whenever it did get close enough. The dragon-mares are smart and use their leathery wings to make a gap within the wall.

But the cheetah was not watching the escape any longer. Had everyone listened to the advice of those who warned against harming the cheetah, this battle might never be over. Those with wings could outrace the flames, but what of the little pearl-strewn filly and the others without? Could they have contended with the might of this unnatural fire as it raced them across the dying grass fields surrounding the Heart? If they managed to escape from the wall first?

Weaver, Reichenbach, Iona, and Amaris turned their attention away from the wall of flames and the flame creature swiftly moved onto its paws - unsettled. They weren’t supposed to pay attention to anything but their own doom, yet these four had other plans.

A roaring hiss escaped the creature as the raven Weaver dived towards its face - it dodged, blurring and reforming a few feet away only to have Iona and Amaris there as well, charging at it with fury, and Reichenbach. The flames of the figure flared up in anger, in fear, in defense, licking those who dared to come so close.

The diving attack from Iona scattered the creature again, the flames dancing away and trying to escape, but Amaris’s charge ceased any further attempts. Fire-formed claws lashed out as the cheetah retreated, each inch bringing it back to the fiery mouth of the Heart. Just as a snarl escaped the near-formless creature, just as it was reaching one fiery paw to drag across Amaris’ chest, the fires from the Heart rose up and snatched it. The cheetah exploded in a shower of sparks - the majority of which settling on Amaris, though she would find that these sparks did not burn her as they simmered into her skin.

A quick heartbeat later, the fire wall disappeared in a similar fashion - with only a roar of protest from all the monstrous faces housed within it, leaving only a scorched circle of earth and grass as a sign that anything had happened at all. Well, that and the burns that were received. Those who had attacked the cheetah, if they sustained any burns, would find that theirs glowed with the hot orange light of the flames while those who had been escaping and trying to help others do the same would have smoke billow from their burns.

CONGRATULATIONS TO AMARIS!!
randomized list and roll

You have received the following magic:
Magic: Fire x Light | (U) Able to summon 3 small dragon spirits, or 1 royal dragon spirit.

Please post in updates to get it added to your records!

Everyone who participated in the final round has also received a temporary passive magic!!
Any burns Reichenbach, Amaris, Iona, and Weaver received will glow with flickering orange fire-light for 1 RL week
Any burns Toulouse, Maude, Astarot, Yael, Wessex, Tandavi, and Vesper received will billow with dark smoke for 1 RL week
(note, as this magic is temporary it will not be added to your character records)

Ingrid was eliminated for not responding to the final round! You will not be able to use this as a refusal for future drops.

Toulouse’s prior refusal didn’t count because it wasn’t the same magic type

Image Credits