the Rift

[DROP] everything burns [LIGHT/FIRE DROP]

Vesper Posts: 46
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Tribrid :: 14.3hh :: Two
Everly :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Kiki

- V E S P E R -
"STARING DOWN THE STARS, JEALOUS OF THE MOON."

A little laugh escaped me, involuntarily, at the idea of the God of the Sun keeping pets such as this one.  I couldn’t imagine him keeping the company of such things - especially not like the fire foxes that I’d run into not so long ago.  However the image was certainly amusing.  I was certainly glad that Maude was here, because I instantly felt more at ease than I had before.  I appreciated that more than I could say. 

But that feeling, reassuring as it was, was short-lived.  I shuffled back a step or two when the flames appeared from seemingly nowhere.   “We have to smother them with water or dirt or something!” I managed to answer, though the fear in my gut was growing rapidly.  Oh, how I wished Papa was here now.  But he wasn’t, and I had to handle this on my own. My instinct was to step on the flames, to try to stamp them to death.  As soon as the thought crossed my mind, Everly interjected. No! Use dirt. No burn legs! she said, urgently.  I said nothing, but used my wings to try to scoop dirt onto the flames as quickly as I could, hoping to smother those nearest to me.  I hardly processed the fact that Maude was offering her watering can - an offer swiftly taken up by someone - I was too busy at work on the flames slowly licking closer.  

However, it was was Everly who again came to my aid.  Dragon come, stand back! she shouted, urgently.  I spotted the golden dragon who had been accompanying one of the mares that Maude had been with, and again a flicker of relief began to fight back the fear gnawing at my insides.  I wasn’t on my own.  Even now.  So as to ensure that I could get clear of the frosty breath of the creature, Everly began to beat her wings - slowing time so that I could move away more easily and ensure that pockets of flame were being extinguished. After the dragon passed, Everly ceased with her ability and time returned to its normal pace.  The other mare who had been standing with Maude explains the idea of a fire wall.  I find myself simply nodding my head - willing to do whatever it takes to stop the flames. Her kitsune reminds me of Papa’s, which again helps contribute to easing the fear, and I follow her lead without question.  I dig with both my hooves in my wings, scooping as much raw earth as I can in an attempt to shield the more flammable grasses from the flames. 

drawing by mar

Mentions @Maude  @Amaris @Tandavi

Summary: Tries to throw dirt on flames, Everly uses Roc companion magic to slow time and allow her to avoid the dragon's frost breath and stamp out any spots he missed, begins to work on fire break with tandavi. 

Vesper is seeking:
Magic (A) [Dark x Light] – Emits a star-like glow from within capable of blinding foes

One prior refusal: link
wishlist

Please tag Vesper in every post.
Force and magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.

image credit

Messages In This Thread
RE: everything burns [LIGHT/FIRE DROP] - by Maude - 03-20-2017, 09:32 AM
RE: everything burns [LIGHT/FIRE DROP] - by Iona - 03-20-2017, 11:36 PM
RE: everything burns [LIGHT/FIRE DROP] - by Yael - 03-21-2017, 09:19 AM
RE: everything burns [LIGHT/FIRE DROP] - by Maude - 03-24-2017, 11:38 AM
RE: everything burns [LIGHT/FIRE DROP] - by Iona - 03-25-2017, 01:03 PM
RE: everything burns [LIGHT/FIRE DROP] - by Yael - 03-26-2017, 05:18 PM
RE: everything burns [LIGHT/FIRE DROP] - by Vesper - 03-26-2017, 07:25 PM
RE: everything burns [LIGHT/FIRE DROP] - by Iona - 03-27-2017, 08:51 PM
RE: everything burns [LIGHT/FIRE DROP] - by Yael - 03-28-2017, 07:47 AM
RE: everything burns [LIGHT/FIRE DROP] - by Maude - 03-29-2017, 07:59 AM