the Rift

[DROP] everything burns [LIGHT/FIRE DROP]

Vesper Posts: 46
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Tribrid :: 14.3hh :: Two
Everly :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Kiki

- V E S P E R -
"STARING DOWN THE STARS, JEALOUS OF THE MOON."

The calm lasts only for a moment. Just enough time for me to catch my breath, it seems. And then the entire area erupts

My silver eyes were wide with fear as I spun around, searching the wall of flames for a weak point. Everly grabbed a large chunk of my mane and began tugging on it incessantly. Must fly! Go over! she cried which each tug, not taking any care to be gentle.  I looked upwards, and sure enough, the path above was clear, but what about the others?  What about Maude?! I couldn’t just leave her.  The fear made it utterly impossible for me to make a decision.  My heart thundered in my chest, drowning out the sound of the flickering flames.  I stayed close to my friend, watching with wide eyes as dragons attempted to beat down the flames and other took off in pursuit of the very creature who was creating all of this madness.  I knew that I could escape easily, for above the sky was still easily visible.  The heat was becoming oppressive, but I refused to leave my friend.  The skies were not an option for Maude, so I was determined to wait to see her safe before making my own attempt at escape.

I wasn’t sure how viable the solutions across the flames truly were - if people were making it across uninjured.  I wanted to be sure before risking my friend, but Maude seemed undeterred. She didn’t seem to protest or hesitate even though I wanted to.  I smiled at her bravery. “I’ll be right there!” I said, reassuringly, doing my very best to smile. To be confident like she was. 

It didn’t even register that so many people were so concerned with my well being. I was nearly-grown and long been accustomed to taking care of myself. Papa had made sure that I was capable of doing so. In the midst of the fire and the flames, resentment bloomed in my chest for it seemed that everyone saw me as nothing more as a child - something precious that must be saved.  I was certainly pleased that Maude was assisted to safety, but the idea of someone throwing me over the fire caused me to recoil.  My eyes were drawn towards those who went after the creature that created this whole mess.  I watched as they descended upon the creature, feeling some sort of vindication at the sight. 

I stepped back from the others then, Everly finally breathing a sigh of relief as she measured my intentions.  Evidently I was a distraction here, due to my youth, but thankfully I was capable of freeing myself from the flames.  Hopefully, in my absence, the others would think more of saving themselves than worrying about me.  My silver gaze - the same as my father’s, my grandmother’s - flickered around the scene one last time before I unfurled my large, starlit wings and took to the sky - eager to check on my friend. 

drawing by mar

Mentions @Maude  

Summary: Not pleased at situation. Confused why everyone wants to help her since she's ~strong independent long yearling.~  Flies to safety after Maude is safe. 

Vesper is seeking:
Magic (A) [Dark x Light] – Emits a star-like glow from within capable of blinding foes

One prior refusal: link
wishlist

Please tag Vesper in every post.
Force and magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.

image credit

Messages In This Thread
RE: everything burns [LIGHT/FIRE DROP] - by Maude - 03-20-2017, 09:32 AM
RE: everything burns [LIGHT/FIRE DROP] - by Iona - 03-20-2017, 11:36 PM
RE: everything burns [LIGHT/FIRE DROP] - by Yael - 03-21-2017, 09:19 AM
RE: everything burns [LIGHT/FIRE DROP] - by Maude - 03-24-2017, 11:38 AM
RE: everything burns [LIGHT/FIRE DROP] - by Iona - 03-25-2017, 01:03 PM
RE: everything burns [LIGHT/FIRE DROP] - by Yael - 03-26-2017, 05:18 PM
RE: everything burns [LIGHT/FIRE DROP] - by Iona - 03-27-2017, 08:51 PM
RE: everything burns [LIGHT/FIRE DROP] - by Yael - 03-28-2017, 07:47 AM
RE: everything burns [LIGHT/FIRE DROP] - by Maude - 03-29-2017, 07:59 AM
RE: everything burns [LIGHT/FIRE DROP] - by Vesper - 03-29-2017, 11:13 AM