the Rift

[DROP] everything burns [LIGHT/FIRE DROP]

Wessex Posts: 149
Aurora Basin Haruspex atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 3 HP: 68 | Buff: NOVICE
Astor

I AM IRON AND I FORGE MYSELF

There is nothing Wessex can do to stop this - no way to fix it and she has no particular talents that allow her to dampen the flames. In fact, the poor soldier is quite unsuccessful in her attempts to put out the little tufts. But they soon fall to the wayside as something larger, hotter, and far more dangerous springs to life before her - fed by the magic of the fire cheetah. Woaaahhhhh. THIS IS NOT OK. I repeat, THIS IS NOT OK. She has a moment of panic, eyes rolling white, before a few deep, nostril-flaring breaths calm her down.

Unable to fly out of the ring, Wessex begins looking for a place where the flames seem the lowest, or least threatening, or some semblance that she will be able to launch herself over them without incurring too much damage. In the chaos, she spies two dragons, but they seem to be trying to help, so Wessex takes whatever aid they offer, and gladly. Eventually the only ones who are left are herself, Reichenbach, and Toulouse, a mare, and a silver dragon, who glances back at them with a look that seems to say get the fuck out of here. She is only slightly acquainted with both stallions (who stand but a hand taller), but the knowledge that one is a herdmate, and the other would make Tiamat rather sad if he died, makes her stay. The corporal goes down with the ship, if need be. That’s the job she signed up for.

Reaching for @Toulouse  and his scarf, she moves to yank it off him, its so flammable, and then tries to nudge both him and the mare forward, preferring to use her words with @Reichenbach instead. A gust of wind brings smoke straight into her face, and and the flames seem to make the circle even smaller. They’re running out of time. “You three first. Up and over the wings. I’ll be right behind you” Hoping that they choose to follow her direction, instead of trying some sort of chivalrous bullshit, Wessex waits in the heat and smoke until it is her turn to leap to safety.

W E S S E X

image credit

Wessex seeks:
[Magic: Dark x Light | The ability to induce hallucinations]
[Restrictions: Very difficult to maintain in battle, must be within 5m of the character]

No prior refusals
-- please tag in all posts! --
-- magic and force allowed, no death or permanent damage --

Messages In This Thread
RE: everything burns [LIGHT/FIRE DROP] - by Maude - 03-20-2017, 09:32 AM
RE: everything burns [LIGHT/FIRE DROP] - by Iona - 03-20-2017, 11:36 PM
RE: everything burns [LIGHT/FIRE DROP] - by Yael - 03-21-2017, 09:19 AM
RE: everything burns [LIGHT/FIRE DROP] - by Maude - 03-24-2017, 11:38 AM
RE: everything burns [LIGHT/FIRE DROP] - by Iona - 03-25-2017, 01:03 PM
RE: everything burns [LIGHT/FIRE DROP] - by Yael - 03-26-2017, 05:18 PM
RE: everything burns [LIGHT/FIRE DROP] - by Iona - 03-27-2017, 08:51 PM
RE: everything burns [LIGHT/FIRE DROP] - by Yael - 03-28-2017, 07:47 AM