the Rift

What Otter Foolishness [ COMMON NSS DROP ]

Wessex Posts: 149
Aurora Basin Haruspex atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 3 HP: 68 | Buff: NOVICE
Astor

I AM IRON AND I FORGE MYSELF

Let’s be honest, Wessex may have a soft spot for foals, but that doesn’t mean she has any real parenting instinct or inclination. She is young, but even in her youthfulness, she simply doesn’t see the advantage of having a foal unless she were in a governing position – a place where she could take the time off to carry the child (get nice and fat, ugh)and then take the necessary time to rear it until weaning. She would never want to leave a child without a mother. But as we know, she’s an ambitious sort of woman, and with her early rise through the ranks of the Basin’s army, she sees no reason to stop the progress and ‘settle down.’

In the back of her mind, she knows the act itself would be an act of duty, nothing more. And oh, she knows all about duty from her mother’s lectures. Wessex, herself, is the product of such an alliance.

She can, however, understand the Father Otter’s distress at misplacing one of his pups. It’s probably wandered off somewhere, maybe fallen asleep in the sun, but that’s just a speculation. So the horned mare is here to help the frantically gesturing fellow, whatever that may mean.

W E S S E X

image credit

Wessex seeks a Hellfire Hellhound!
No prior refusals
-- please tag in all posts! --
-- magic and force allowed, no death or permanent damage --

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Otter Foolishness [ COMMON NSS DROP ] - by Wessex - 03-22-2017, 10:48 AM