the Rift

Nostalgia

Zünden Posts: 75
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.3 :: Four [Birdsong] HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Pare
The days were sweltering so the dapple grey moved at night. Bi-colored eyes roved over the trees entering Helovia as she moved slowly. At some points, where the trees were close together, she had to turn her head to the side. Her horns had grown out to magnificently and tended to get caught on the bark and cut the trees. Her body was thick and muscular, not quite manly. She was a force to be reckoned with now that she was older. Her eyes clouded as nostalgia took over. Helovia was the last place she had seen her brother, lover, and son. She had been to young to have a baby, but she had. When we was old enough to care for himself, she had left him in the Basin. Her mind had been stuck on finding her twin brother; Adelric. She had been gone for two years trying to hunt her bay brother down. A sigh lifted her shoulders, 'Fuck you Helovia...'

There had been nothing left for her out in the other lands, that was the only reason she found herself back here. Maybe she could find Tiberius and Caleb. She wanted to apologize to both of them for running out. Of course the only one she wanted to forgive her was her son. Caleb was just some fun she had once upon a time. Her son would always be in her heart. 'By now he could have left. Hell he would be about two years old.'

Her attention turned back to the forest as she neared the end of the Threshold. Her head lifted and sides swelled as she inhaled deeply. With a deep bellowing cry she tried to attract others to her location. She was ready to go home, back to the Aurora Basin and find out what had become of her bay son. Now she would wait, ears swiveling slowly. The mare wasn't afraid of anything. She had come across all manner of creatures that had wanted to beat her down and devour her. She could take whatever came after her, if something was dumb enough to try that is.
-----------------------------------
Talk
Words;; 355
Tags|OOC;; Anyone that knew her is welcome! <3
The soul that lives within my chest
Just won't allow me to turn out like the rest
image credits
Superiority is my reason
Anger is my fuel
Blood is the cost
Victory is my prize
[Image: zunden_by_poolpaw-d8dwmp0.png]
Her horn isn't broken

Toulouse Posts: 146
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 8.0 | def: 11.0 | dam: 4.0
Gelding :: Equine :: 17hh :: Six HP: 74 | Buff: ENDURE
Boomslang :: Green Ratsnake :: Paralyze Neverrmind
The curly-haired gelding, cloaked in a vibrant cloak of mithril tread softly through the undergrowth. While his steps were short, his breathing grew faster, angrier, as a fierce pain and pining for food took over all feeling and thinking. He had to eat; he had to drink. Already he was dehydrated, his skin stretched over his ribs and face showing unfortunate signs of age that generally would not had he been well fed.
In truth, he had found it much easier to hunt in his new home of the basin - it was just that he now felt a thousand times more concious of being caught in the act of tackling down an elk like a lion and drinking it's blood than he had at the Edge. Their good opinion was lost, and lost forever. The people of the basin, however, were a much different story.

So as he crossed a creek, weary toes treading aimlessly along a well-worn path, Toulouse cause sight of a burrowing rabbit; one who until now would have no reason to fear an equine such as he.  His kill was a quick, perhaps painless, chomp to the buck's head. And thus began his feast.

SNAP!
A branch near by cried out under the weight of another. toulouse's head keeled upwards from his meal, and once again he rushed backwards to the creek he had crossed momentarily to wash the ghastly amounts of blood from his face. A quick splash and slosh around was all it took to remove it, then a rub on the grass below.
Peering curiously through the trees, sighing with relief once he was certain he had not been discovered, Toulouse observed a curious looking mare. She owned an impressive set of horns and a daring stone-coloured pelt - it would be a crime not to introduce himself.

Striding forth, the phantom brothe past the tree line and spoke a gentle, quiet "Good evening" to the doe.

lunarblues

sorry this was the shittiest post ive ever done legit
I AM THE KEY TO THE LOCK IN YOUR HOUSE—
DO NOT CRY OUT OR HIT THE ALARM
YOU KNOW WE'RE FRIEND TIL WE DIE—

EITHER WAY YOU TURN, I'LL BE THERE
OPEN UP YOUR SKULL, I'LL BE THERE
CLIMBING UP THE WALLS

SO LOCK THE KIDS UP SAFE TONIGHT
CLOSE THE EYES IN THE CUPBOARD

Zünden Posts: 75
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.3 :: Four [Birdsong] HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Pare
She stood silently waiting for someone to appear. After a couple minutes someone did just that. Ears swiveled back to catch a male voice, and nostrils dilated to draw in the scent of ice and cold. Unconcerned she turned to face him yellow and green eyes looking him over. She eyes his girly appearance and almost scoffs at him. If he hadn't held the scent of the north she probably would have. He had a silk scarf billowing around his slender form. He was taller and thinner than her draft mutt body. She watched his golden and white pelt shimmer in the moonlight. Some girls might swoon over him, but not this warrior. She wanted someone to rival her size and give her strong offspring.

Her lips tilted up flirting the line between smile and smirk as she gathered her rarely used voice. "Hello, are you from the Basin? You carry the scent of the North, and I wish to return there." Her sharp eyes watched his face searching for a sign she was right, even if he didn't admit it. The dark lady wondered why he was out here to late at night. Did it really matter though? They all had their secrets, much like the icy blue feather tucked in her short mane. "My name is Zünden." She tossed her name out there like it ment nothing. He had not been in her mountainous home when she had dwelt there. His thoughts of her meant nothing, not yet anyway. If he was ranked and said something about her bluntness she would merely say it was because she had been alone so long.

It wasn't a far stretch from the truth; just a white lie. The mare had basically been alone for most of her life. Sure her mother had been around, but she had never felt close to her, and her father had been taken much to soon. Her brother had vanished when they were just foals. Of course she had been in a herd, but it wasn't the same when you weren't sure how to interact "properly." Now she was coming back after two years of only speaking to other travelers when she had to. Now here she was asking to go home. Her mind wondered to the people she had once known. Where some of them still there, or had they wondered off as well?

-----------------------------------
Talk
Words;; 399
Tags|OOC;;  @Toulouse  No problem! I'm trying to get back into the groove of her xD
The soul that lives within my chest
Just won't allow me to turn out like the rest
image credits
Superiority is my reason
Anger is my fuel
Blood is the cost
Victory is my prize
[Image: zunden_by_poolpaw-d8dwmp0.png]
Her horn isn't broken

Toulouse Posts: 146
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 8.0 | def: 11.0 | dam: 4.0
Gelding :: Equine :: 17hh :: Six HP: 74 | Buff: ENDURE
Boomslang :: Green Ratsnake :: Paralyze Neverrmind
Tame and taught, the serpent and the jackal strode further forwards into the clearing that the stone-coloured mare had picked. Boomslang uncoiled from his perch upon his bonded's bone-like horns, rising up like a cobra with his eyes dwindling over the voluptuous woman of draft bone and blood.
"The basin?" Toulouse whispered, his snake tongue peaking out from behind his fanges ever so slightly as he spoke "Why would you want to go there?" He teased, lashes fluttering in the slightest as his footsteps took him in a circle around the one who introduced herself as Zünden. He hoped it was clear that he spoke in jest; she was more than welcome to accompany him back to the Basin, though as it's phantom he did wonder if she genuinely was a prior member of his herd. Then again, he couldnt imagine anyone wandering in the threshold would have much reason to lie.

"You will find much has changed in your home since your last visit-" He warned, slipping away through the trees "-but if you still wish to make your home in the basin you may follow me if you like, sister"

@Zünden
If you want to keep this one going hmu but also let me know if you want me to post a join thread in the basin!

lunarblues
I AM THE KEY TO THE LOCK IN YOUR HOUSE—
DO NOT CRY OUT OR HIT THE ALARM
YOU KNOW WE'RE FRIEND TIL WE DIE—

EITHER WAY YOU TURN, I'LL BE THERE
OPEN UP YOUR SKULL, I'LL BE THERE
CLIMBING UP THE WALLS

SO LOCK THE KIDS UP SAFE TONIGHT
CLOSE THE EYES IN THE CUPBOARD