[OPEN] My Little Ribs

Manon Posts: 37
World's Edge Sleuth atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 4 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Space

GET A LITTLE CLOSER, LET FOLD
CUT OPEN MY STERNUM AND PULL
MY LITTLE RIBS AROUND YOU
THROUGH ARMS, OR MAYBE UNDER, UNDER YOU.

@manon

Despite the lack of warning, Manon had no ill feelings toward Toulouse leaving the Edge - he was not hers to control, nor was he made to live a life of rigid hierarchy... unless he were at the top of that ladder. She had, however, been disgruntled that he had left her behind. Still, dressed up in her gifted scarf (which looked divine) she had trekked the distance between the Edge and the Basin with ease and grace, her heart just that little bit lighter upon leaving the Edge's border. It would be a difficult place to live now that her closest and only confidant had left, but she would make do - and perhaps serve a different agenda now that Toulouse had branched out. This new agenda would be more productive, and certainly more self-serving - not to mention overall more disruptive. A cool, elegant smile graced her soft lips at the thought as her slitted pupils caught sight of the Basins sentinel.

It was an impressive sight, all cold, unyielding metal - intimidating to say the least. Manon wrapped her silk scarf a little tighter around her silver locks, blinking up at the sentinel with sharp, opalescent eyes. It was a grand place to make a home, grander than the Edge, though it was a little too cold for her liking - something to get used to, perhaps. She had come to a halt, mile-long legs setting her tall and beautiful, the regality of her posture a natural and easy stance for the ballerina. As she searched the icy barricades for a way in, Manon remembered that Wessex lived here too - a pleasant and welcome memory, that wandered through her brain in a vision of storm clouds and keen yellow eyes. A short, charmed laugh tinkled from her throat as she awaited the arrival of her pale skinned snake, having given up on finding a way past the sentinel.

Toulouse was her partner in crime - and though they didn't live in the same herd any more (for how long?), Manon was not deterred, and intended on visiting or meeting with the slippery spy as often as she liked. They had plans, after all.

@Toulouse in love with them!

art: © x coding: © x
please tag Manon in all posts
Force & Magic allowed short of permanent maiming & death

Toulouse Posts: 146
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 8.0 | def: 11.0 | dam: 4.0
Gelding :: Equine :: 17hh :: Six HP: 74 | Buff: ENDURE
Boomslang :: Green Ratsnake :: Paralyze Neverrmind

Resolve is never stronger than in the morning
after the night It was never weaker

A regular sweeping patrol of the basin's heights was a common morning and nightly routine for the serpentine man. A lion standing guard over his pride, a shepherd watching his flock, Toulouse was always the one who stood alone on the frontier with no protection for his own hide.
It had provided many advantages, however; having such a vast landscape to patrol meant hunting became a regular daily activity. No longer would he have to creep away after days of starvation to a festering pond to crack the jaws of rabbits and foxes, for now, he could hunt bigger game and with the security that he was not being gazed upon by whispering herd-brothers or children to cry wolf.

It was as he returned to the centre of the basin from one of these patrol-turned-hunts, after clambering up one of the highest peaks to tower over their melting home, that he saw a rather familiar figure making her way down the hill from the arch.
How she had managed to find it bewildered him, though he knew it would be his head on the plate if she truly got through into the herd land without a stop.

His pace was quick and fleeting, pale hooves carrying him stealthily over the terrain as he ducked over snow and rock, between each monolithic pine until he found himself at the basin's floor. From now, his steps were all the more cautious.
Manon was someone he adored, and maybe, just maybe, he even loved her. His adoration and love and his trust were two separate things entirely - he knew that darling Manon Maryrose was not one to be trusted, just as she should know the same of him.
He approached from the south, his paces taking him through the trees until he took place behind a sentinel. She had stopped, waited, clearly assuming they were still active. how handy it was to be on the inside.
"Il est mort*" he whispered to her, finally stepping from the sentinels cover.

At first he wished to run to her, to embrace her, though soon came to him thoughts of intel rather than those fuelled by his heart. He stood still, coldly watching her in anticipation. Had she come here to curse him for leaving? To say her goodbyes forever? To be with him? These were things he could not anticipate, and he was one who could anticipate most.

*it is dead
fuck

I AM THE KEY TO THE LOCK IN YOUR HOUSE—
DO NOT CRY OUT OR HIT THE ALARM
YOU KNOW WE'RE FRIEND TIL WE DIE—

EITHER WAY YOU TURN, I'LL BE THERE
OPEN UP YOUR SKULL, I'LL BE THERE
CLIMBING UP THE WALLS

SO LOCK THE KIDS UP SAFE TONIGHT
CLOSE THE EYES IN THE CUPBOARD

Manon Posts: 37
World's Edge Sleuth atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 4 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Space

GET A LITTLE CLOSER, LET FOLD
CUT OPEN MY STERNUM AND PULL
MY LITTLE RIBS AROUND YOU
THROUGH ARMS, OR MAYBE UNDER, UNDER YOU.

"Il est mort" came a familiar whisper, and Manon turned her angular head to face the man she had come to find. She turned her eyes back to the sentinel at his words, letting them linger there in silence for more than a few moments, following the line of it's metallic body and wondering if it was authentically dead. It could have just been in a deep slumber, its cogs frozen over but still ready to turn at the slightest inclination. Eventually, she turned her silver rimmed eyes back toward the vision of soft diluted gold that was Toulouse. She smiled - truly smiled, and danced toward him on light hooves. "This place suits you better, you look handsome in a crown of snow", and still she drew closer, until they were close enough to embrace - but she stopped there. Manon had never been one for public displays of affection, though her smile said more than enough.

Her voice turned slightly petulant as she said "You've left me alone amongst those fools at the Edge - now I shall have to endure Iona and her speeches by myself." It would be an effort not to step out of line - but for Toulouse, she would remain at the Edge, silent, listening, watching. Her loyalty was not to be put in question - for she'd never been loyal to the place she lived, only to a singular, snake tongued man. And that loyalty remained, no matter where he, or she, chose to live. Again, Manon glanced about her at the snow and the ice, then said quietly "What are you going to do now?" It was likely a question many would have liked to know the answer to, and in the spirit of their friendship, Manon didn't expect anything more than a vague answer - though she hoped for more. She, herself, wasn't entirely sure what to do now that she was left alone at the Edge, though she had a lingering purpose that had all to do with Toulouse, advancement and fame.

Only now did Manon see the coolness in those familiar minty eyes, but instead of being offended she brushed the coldness aside and returned his stare with her own, an intimate brush of souls. She knew she could ask him her previous question again, and learn the answer - the true answer, through hypnosis. She wouldn't, though. Toulouse was a more than worthy opponent, not one she wanted to be on the bad side of, and besides, it was much more fun being on the same side. "You and I against the world", was her reticent murmur.

@Toulouse yasss

please tag Manon in all posts
Force & Magic allowed short of permanent maiming & death

Toulouse Posts: 146
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 8.0 | def: 11.0 | dam: 4.0
Gelding :: Equine :: 17hh :: Six HP: 74 | Buff: ENDURE
Boomslang :: Green Ratsnake :: Paralyze Neverrmind

Resolve is never stronger than in the morning
after the night It was never weaker

Her words were a tease to him, as if she'd strung a rope around his jugular and attempted to wrench him toward her. It caused his fanged jaws to tighten, to grate against one another in what might only be described as agistation or the most mild put of fury. Manon was hypnotic, not just by a blessing from the gods but by birthright - she could enchant anyone with not even a stare or a smile. All you had to do was look upon one of her crystaline eyelashes, or trace your gaze once about her magnificent mottled pelt and you would find yourself totally ensnared.

She approached, and Toulouse only wished he had enough strength to back away from what he assumed would be an embrace, though he kept still and watched her with increasingly haunting eyes.
you look handsome in a crown of snow.
The faintest of smiles began to form upon his lips, the kind that very rarely made an appearance. He had certainly missed her. "You are seeing me in my natural habitat" He informed her, quickly glancing around the mountains. He hadn't told her much of T'det or Myrhh, mainly because it was most certainly a touchy subject, though it's wide ice-touched fields and great frost backed mountains were a place he missed greatly.

Witnessing her sigh, her denoting brow, Toulouse's own eyes furrowed partly with curiosity and also partly with anger. If they treated her badly in the slightest, withheld opportunities, or anything of the sort, heads would roll. "They are treating you well?" was his question. Another step was taken in her direction, his nose craning further backwards in an attempt to become closer to her but still, not allowing her devious touch. "They have to be..." He growled, though partially thinking out loud. Eyes of the sea switching from over her head to her own sight giver's once more. She must know what would happen if she reported any differently.

For a few moments he stood silently, his eyes falling almost completely closed, ignoring almost anything else she had to say. Toulouse just wished to hear her breath, smell her sweet scent of lilac, and know that she was here. You and I against the world.
"You and I against the world"

I think it was Wessex (or Weaver?) who asked me if they could jump in on this thread and i know we cant make it private bc Manon's not an AB member but I think i'd prefer it if it was just Manon and toulouse for this one guys! Manon will be visiting lots so there's plenty of opportunity next time? <3

I AM THE KEY TO THE LOCK IN YOUR HOUSE—
DO NOT CRY OUT OR HIT THE ALARM
YOU KNOW WE'RE FRIEND TIL WE DIE—

EITHER WAY YOU TURN, I'LL BE THERE
OPEN UP YOUR SKULL, I'LL BE THERE
CLIMBING UP THE WALLS

SO LOCK THE KIDS UP SAFE TONIGHT
CLOSE THE EYES IN THE CUPBOARD