the Rift

[PRIVATE] Killing Me For Mercy

Sabia Posts: 58
Outcast
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Mouse
Calligraffitti|Open Sans" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
Sabia
In the morning air nothing could corrupt the peaceful silence that hung over the labyrinth like a protective layer. All living things seemed to come to an agreement that this time should be shared for peace it seemed. A light fog rolled across the forest floor like another living thing trying to get by. The rising sun illuminated and outlined the thin trees in a golden lace and made the morning dew sparkle in a crystal like way.

One might think that they could love here forever.

Sabia had been pretty once -or so she thought- the mare's rose grey coat sparkled and her wings were full an healthy, even her eyes shone just for a little. It wasn't until the real world showed her how life was that she was made into the weak thing she is now. Sabia's coat was made rough and dull, her mane and tail once silky and long now remained knotted and messy, even her wings were unhealthily thin. If it weren't for the fact that she had a child to feed Sabia would look like a living skeleton.

Those eyes of her's...they were dull now.

Sabia had tried to be a good mother, she taught her son to fly and taught him to be a gentleman. It was only as he grew and with him the appearance of his father that Sabia realized she couldn't care for her son well. At first the mare told herself she was only leaving to look for herbs but then that day turned into three and it just got worse. What type of mother leaves her child to grow alone?

She deserved whatever she had coming to her when the mare died.

As the ghost like figure weaved through the labyrinth she couldn't help but let these thoughts roll through her head, how could she not? It was merely a reflection on the life she choose to live.

So lost in thought Sabia had not noticed the crystal clear pool appearing seemingly from thin air. The mares reflection is it was painful to look at, her face had begun sinking in with hunger. Sabia felt dirty and so she stepped into the pool without a second thought, as if that would wash away all her troubles.

Spreading her wings so that they hovered just above the water Sabia let her mane and tail (which had grown ridiculously long) flow out around her in the water. Maybe for now she could relax.

Put me through hell again, I miss the fire.
 Notes: crappy phone post! It's literally three in the morning and I tried to finish it, I'm not sure it even makes sense! But yay bath time!
@astarot
" Stolen friends and disease, Operator please.
Patch me back to my mind.
But everybody knows.
That a broken heart is blind."

Force/violence is allowed as long as Sabia does not die or is maimed.
please tag if mentioned!

Astarot Posts: 81
Dragon's Throat Sun Physician atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 2 (Birdsong) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zafír :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Pare

They had never been to this part of Helovia. It was so close to the Threshold he wondered why he had never been here before. Zafir flew above him looking over the towering maze. Scarlet and blue eyes looked up wondering if she would lead him through, or if she would make him figure it out himself. He was sure that the blue dragon would never allow him to get completely lost. If he got lost and died of thirst or whatever she would go with him. It was a great way to make sure your companion helped you out.

He a smile fluttered over his lips as he strode into the great maze. Zafir came down every now and then showing him a turn he needed to make before flying up again. It was odd and he was very glad she was helping him out. He wondered where she was taking him and what lay in the heart of this great maze. Zafir screeched softly before flying down in front of him and picking up their pace. He raced after the sapphire dragon excitedly. Sweat beaded over his hide as he raced after her curiously.

He slide to a stop his dual colored eyes growing slightly wider. A pretty, but thin mare was standing in a pool of water. Gathering himself the stallion smiled and let his deep calm voice roll, "Hello Miss." Zafir landed on his back scarlet eyes watching the mare intensely. To the dragoness she looked sick, like she was going to keel over any second. Astarot watched the mare as he strode slowly towards the water. Her gaunt appearance did not escape his attention. "I'm Astarot from the Dragon's Throat." He offered his name and home easily. He smiled softly and stopped at the waters edge. "Is it alright if I join you?" He smiled and lowered his head trying to appear nonthreatening. He waited at the edge, if she didn't want him that close he would respect that.

---------------------------------------------------
Talk
Words;; 334
OOC/Tags;; @Sabia I'm sorry it took so long!
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_trans_tag_by_are_we_...a8y6wy.png]

Outcast
Mouse
Sabia
The water was almost as cold as the mare’s eyes and it soaked deep into her bones, it was almost as refreshing as it was painful. As the winged equine allowed herself to move deeper into the pool the waters ice cold temperature stole her breath. The silence shattered by a single gasp that released a cloud of warm breath. Refreshing was it in the heat of Tallsun. The cold seafoam green eyes of the mare closed lightly and for a little she was lost in the numbness of her body.

But as Helovia had it not a soul could be alone for long without encountering another, some say this is a fortunate thing, Sabia couldn’t help but disagree. His voice came as in insult to the mare’s ears, oh gods could she not have a minuet of peace? Not even to bathe? With slow opening eyes Sabia looks behind her to see a stallion standing there watching, perched on his back was an odd creature, like that of a lizard. As the stallion introduced himself Sabia had gone back to her thoughts, only half listening to his somewhat soothing tone. Her attention was only caught when he spoke of the Throat, her home. It was funny, she hadn’t been there in so long that she wasn’t considered a member anymore, she was only ever there to care for her son.

“If it suits you, you may enter…”

Sabia’s voice was soft and airy, tired sounding. With a slow and almost painful movement she folded her wings and moved to face the stallion so that he could enter, and she could watch him. There was the smallest thought in the back of her head telling Sabia that she should be wary of this man, had she not already had a child of rape? Yet that voice was pushed back down alongside the one telling her that Sabia needed to fix her appearance and eat for more than just her son, she simply couldn’t care less.

Sabia’s torn deaf ear and her working ear both perked lazy up to seem only interested out of modesty. “Funny, I used to live in the Throat, I was a healer…” her voice still soft and tired only stirred the silence.

“I don’t go there often anymore, I suppose I’ve failed at my job. My son is there though and for that I must go back often to care for his poor soul.” Sabia was probably giving more information than what he cared for but Sabia found herself unable to stop talking…when was the last time a soul spoke to her? In the end she did stop though, a violent cough shook her body and left her breathless for a second.

Gods, Sabia even disgusted herself.

“My name, I suppose you’d like to know…Sabia.”

Notes: It is perfectly fine love! This post isn’t as terrible as the first one was, im not using my phone this time! She has given up so much...
@Astarot
But everybody knows.

please tag if mentioned!

In seemingly slow motion the lady turned and looked at him. She was beautiful, but flawed. 'Aren't we all though?' He thought silently as his dual colored eyes moved over her speckled rose colored face. He thought the spots were intriguing, Zafir thought so as well. His smile was easy and calm now that he was over the surprise of finding her there. Her voice sounded as tired as her body looked. His heart ached for her. He hesitated for a moment his right foreleg lifted uncertainly. It wasn't until she turned almost painfully that Zafir ran her clawed paw slowly down his broad back urging him forward. Slowly he stepped into the cool water walking closer to the mare. Zafir moved up to his withers keeping her leathery wings dry. The pair stopped a respectable distance from the lady his smile never faltered as he watched her long honey hair sway in the rippling water.

A shiver ran over his body as the water penetrated his pelt and a thought slipped into his head. He wondered what it was like to be a lady. Did they ever worry about strange men? Did they have a reason too? His brain slowed his eyes softening as he turned his gaze to meet her own. She was sick, alone, and much smaller than himself. Did she see those things too, and did they affect her? He couldn't help the words that spilled from his dark lips, "You don't have to fear me Miss..." His voice was deep and slow, barely a whisper. His eyes were soft and gentle as he watched her take those words in. Now that they were out he prayed that she wouldn't take them as a lie. Did those dark twisted men say the same thing before they shifted to a snake? Zafir cooed softly her scarlet eyes on the mare. It was rare that the blue dragoness took a liking to anyone, but this ragged mare needed a gentle touch.

His ears tilted forward as she spoke softly. She was from the Throat? His head tilted and he blinked slowly thinking. A flash of memory from his foal days passed through his head. He remembered seeing her around when he had been in his awkward all legs stage. His head bobbed for a moment as he looked at her. He listened silently his smile slipping into a concerned frown. "I'm sure you did an amazing job as healer." A warm smile slowly lifted his lips into an easy understanding and accepting line. "What is your son's name? If you approve, I can keep an eye on him." His eyes sparkled with his gentle soul allowing his emotions to spill into his eyes. "I have a few younger siblings I watch out for already, adding one more wouldn't bother me." Zafir nodded her scaly head once in agreement.
Her haggard coughs sent anguish racing through his heart. His voice was a whisper causing Zafir to lean down towards his face; with a screech she took off. "I've asked Zafir to fetch some honey. When I was younger I had a cough and my mother gave me honey to help, maybe it can help you too." He smiled softly at the sick lady his worry painted over his handsome bone marked face. She offered her name and he bowed his head as low as he could without drowning himself, "It's a pleasure to meet you Miss Sabi."
Talk
Words;; 578
OOC/Tags;; @Sabi I AM SO SORRY

Outcast
Mouse
Sabia
Sabia didn't miss the fact that he didn't invade her space, his distance was mindful and she was grateful for that. The man's appearance was odd, almost unlike any other horse she had ever seen. His eyes caught her attention and held it, they were quiet odd but in a way that could only be explained as beautiful. Sabia hadn't been aware of her staring until his words penetrated her thoughts, she blinked rapidly as if to shake her odd actions.

The man, Astarot, seemed innocent in his comment of not fearing him but it sent a lick of fear through her body. "Forgive me" she said letting out an anxious quiet laugh "but the last man that said that to me ruined my life" god why did she say that? Sabia's ears twitched nervously, regretting her words.

The mood shifted when he gave his opinion of when she was a healer. Sabia didn't reply at the comment however, there was no use in it. At the offer to watch her son Sabia perked up, he seemed truly sincere in his words. So without a second thought she told him, surprising herself, "his name is Saoirse" she smiled saying his name. An almost private smile. "He is a strong headed little thing and he loves to wander off and explore" she said as if lost in the memory of good times. When the cough racked her body Astarot offered to help, that is how she knew this was a good man, stallions with bad intentions would have left by now uninterested in a sick woman.

"Thank you" she said truly meaning it. "Is the Throat doing alright? I haven't been there in a long time and I like to still think of it as my home, you understand my worry yes?"
Notes: Im so sorry its super short! my wifi is still out and the wifi where im at isn't that good.
@Astarot
But everybody knows.

please tag if mentioned!

The pair didn't miss the pretty lady's stares and he couldn't help but arch his neck. Testosterone fueled his body drawing out the lusty parts of him that he hated. He longed to shove the primal need away. Zafir ran her claw gently over his back trying to sooth his wild thoughts. Being one of the most primal beings the dragonness understood his dirty mind. Her words shook the nasty thoughts away shaking him to his core. Anger surged through him and his muscles bulged as his worst fears were confirmed. The rage showed in his eyes lighting them up like the fire in his soul.

"I swear by the Gods that I would never hurt a lady." His voice was mostly gentle roughened by his anger. "I hate to pry, but if you know his name, I would gladly show him how truly weak his is. Only cowards attack women." His lips pulled up slightly ears settling against his skull. Zafir screeched as well frost puffing from her mouth. If they ever found out who had attack this poor lady, they would tear him apart. Taking a few deep breaths his closed his eyes luring his anger back into it's cage. This was not the time to show her the temper his father had passed down to him.

When he finally had control of himself and spoke of her son she perked up. He smiled warmly as he remembered the rambunctious colt he had seen in the Throat. He nodded his large bone marked skull. "He is growing up strong and respectful. I will keep an eye on him, both of us will." He smiled as Zafir nodded once before taking off to find the honey. "It's no problem Miss Sabia." He smiled and cocked his hip out relaxing in the cool water. "The Throat is doing very well, my father Volterra is the Sultan now." He wasn't sure how he felt about saying his father, it sounded like he was bragging. As he finished speaking Zafir called out as she made her way back with a piece of honeycomb wrapped in a leave. Carefully she placed the honey on the shore closest to the mare before returning to her perch. She looked proud of herself. "Thank you Zafir. Miss, you can take a bite of that and chew the comb, just don't swallow it." He smiled softly and watched her ready to help her to shore if she needed it.

Talk
Words;; 412
OOC/Tags;; @Sabi I guess I got the tag froever ago and forgot about it!xD

Outcast
Mouse
Sabia
Sabia’s coat twitched as the stallion seemed to react to her stares, in a way she knew too well, the mare backed away slightly she hoped unnoticed. Sabia wasn’t the naïve little filly she was when she was taken advantage of, now the mare was careful. The sudden flare of anger made Sabia flick her deaf ear in the nervous tick that she hated. However the words that came out of his mouth were surprising, it sent an odd tingling feeling through the mare’s chest.

“I-I don’t” she cleared her throat, “know his name…” Images from that night flicked across her vision. Lightening bugs and venomous green eyes, devil horns. The mare took a second to gather herself before continuing, “You really don’t need to concern yourself with my issues im sure you’ve better things to do.”

Sabia was glad to change the subject as Astarot did, “your father is Sultan? You must enjoy that” she said with a small nod. When the winged lizard returned with the leaf and honey she slowly moved over to it. “When I was a healer I always hated gathering honey…it always managed to get in my feathers” she gave a surprised little laugh because the thought actually warmed her heart.

“Astarot…” she said turning her green gaze on him, “what brings you out here?” the mare cocked her head to the side like a bird. “I don’t see many horses around here” her voice had the smallest hint of mistrust but she turned away and licked up the honeycomb, licking away the honey on it.
Notes: Sorry it took so long! Wow my post sucks sorry
@Astarot
But everybody knows.

please tag if mentioned!

He noticed they way he skin flinched and he tried his best to rein in his lust. He gritted his teeth until the ached, but the pain did it's job. He blinked quickly almost missing the way her mangled ear flicked. The young stallion wanted to takeaway the dark memories to sooth the rough edges of her heart. Instead he held still listening to her words. As she finished he shook his head softly. "If I ever find out who he is, I will put him at the very top of my list." His words were a deep growl as his eyes flashed for a moment. Taking a deep breath he shoved the dark thoughts of blood and retribution away. Everything would come around full circle. Karma was a royal bitch, and he was her enforcer.

Her words drew him back his ears flickering nervously. "It isn't as great as it sounds actually. I feel like I have to work a thousand times harder to prove myself." He sighed softly his head sagging slightly. "I don't want anyone to think I was placed in my position just because I'm the Sultan's son." He looked back up at her his forelock falling over his eyes. It might sound like a dream come true for your parent to be in a place of power, but for people with pure hearts it was different. If he was lazy or selfish he might enjoy the way others looked at him as if he was a prince. Hell he might even use his father's power to his own advantage, but that wasn't who he really was.

He smiled softly lifting his head back up at her next words. "I guess I'm pretty lucky in that area. It doesn't seem to stick to Zafir's scales like it does fur or wings." Zafir was a blessing when it came to the harder plants and items to collect. Her diamond hard scales protected her when his fur would have given way. She didn't have to worry about bees like he did, and she didn't mind keeping him out of harms way.

The mistrust in her next words ate at him and he slowly took a step back giving her more space. She had been hurt in the past, in the worst way imaginable. He would respect her wishes; even if she didn't speak them aloud. "Zafir and I like to travel and see new sights. You never know when you might find something interesting or helpful." He smiled softly his eyes glowing with the honesty that echoed in his voice. Zafir nodded along with him. "Sometimes it's nice to get away from the responsibility of the herd and just be ourselves. We all deserve a bit of fun now and then." He prayed she wouldn't take his words the wrong way, to the duo exploring was fun.
Talk
Words;; 479
OOC/Tags;; @Sabia