the Rift

[PRIVATE] Killing Me For Mercy

Astarot Posts: 81
Dragon's Throat Sun Physician atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 2 (Birdsong) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zafír :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Pare

In seemingly slow motion the lady turned and looked at him. She was beautiful, but flawed. 'Aren't we all though?' He thought silently as his dual colored eyes moved over her speckled rose colored face. He thought the spots were intriguing, Zafir thought so as well. His smile was easy and calm now that he was over the surprise of finding her there. Her voice sounded as tired as her body looked. His heart ached for her. He hesitated for a moment his right foreleg lifted uncertainly. It wasn't until she turned almost painfully that Zafir ran her clawed paw slowly down his broad back urging him forward. Slowly he stepped into the cool water walking closer to the mare. Zafir moved up to his withers keeping her leathery wings dry. The pair stopped a respectable distance from the lady his smile never faltered as he watched her long honey hair sway in the rippling water.

A shiver ran over his body as the water penetrated his pelt and a thought slipped into his head. He wondered what it was like to be a lady. Did they ever worry about strange men? Did they have a reason too? His brain slowed his eyes softening as he turned his gaze to meet her own. She was sick, alone, and much smaller than himself. Did she see those things too, and did they affect her? He couldn't help the words that spilled from his dark lips, "You don't have to fear me Miss..." His voice was deep and slow, barely a whisper. His eyes were soft and gentle as he watched her take those words in. Now that they were out he prayed that she wouldn't take them as a lie. Did those dark twisted men say the same thing before they shifted to a snake? Zafir cooed softly her scarlet eyes on the mare. It was rare that the blue dragoness took a liking to anyone, but this ragged mare needed a gentle touch.

His ears tilted forward as she spoke softly. She was from the Throat? His head tilted and he blinked slowly thinking. A flash of memory from his foal days passed through his head. He remembered seeing her around when he had been in his awkward all legs stage. His head bobbed for a moment as he looked at her. He listened silently his smile slipping into a concerned frown. "I'm sure you did an amazing job as healer." A warm smile slowly lifted his lips into an easy understanding and accepting line. "What is your son's name? If you approve, I can keep an eye on him." His eyes sparkled with his gentle soul allowing his emotions to spill into his eyes. "I have a few younger siblings I watch out for already, adding one more wouldn't bother me." Zafir nodded her scaly head once in agreement.
Her haggard coughs sent anguish racing through his heart. His voice was a whisper causing Zafir to lean down towards his face; with a screech she took off. "I've asked Zafir to fetch some honey. When I was younger I had a cough and my mother gave me honey to help, maybe it can help you too." He smiled softly at the sick lady his worry painted over his handsome bone marked face. She offered her name and he bowed his head as low as he could without drowning himself, "It's a pleasure to meet you Miss Sabi."
---------------------------------------------------
Talk
Words;; 578
OOC/Tags;; @Sabi I AM SO SORRY
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_trans_tag_by_are_we_...a8y6wy.png]

Messages In This Thread
Killing Me For Mercy - by Sabia - 03-21-2017, 03:17 AM
RE: Killing Me For Mercy - by Astarot - 03-28-2017, 03:04 AM
RE: Killing Me For Mercy - by Sabia - 03-31-2017, 04:19 PM
RE: Killing Me For Mercy - by Astarot - 04-20-2017, 03:24 AM
RE: Killing Me For Mercy - by Sabia - 05-12-2017, 09:56 AM
RE: Killing Me For Mercy - by Astarot - 05-16-2017, 11:43 PM