[OPEN] A wish for wings that work [Keys]

Astarot Posts: 81
Dragon's Throat Sun Physician atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 2 (Birdsong) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zafír :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Pare
kisses
from the
deep
Astarot had a strange notion one day while he had been watching Zafir fly above him. "Zafir!" The blue dragoness watched him for a moment weighing if she wanted to obey him or not. With a frosty sigh she dove down and landed in front of him. Her scarlet eyes looked bored and grumpy as they watched each other. She was not in a good mood today, but he wanted to try his idea. "I have magic and I want you to help me with something." Her eyes brightened and he felt the curiosity. He had her hooked now. "I can turn into a bird, but I cannot fly on my own. Do you think you can carry me? It's a small bird." Her head tilted and she paced in the sand thinking it over. Finally she nodded her horned head. The magic was easier to call up now that he knew he had it. His form shifted quickly and next think he knew he was looking up at his dragon. She crooned her joy and stomped her clawed paw in joy. Now he knew what it felt like living in a sea of giants. Except she had weapons to keep the monsters at bay, he was a tiny flightless blue bird.

He pecked at the paw closest to him beady eyes narrowing for a moment, before his beak opened and bird laughter flew from him. it was funny, magic was supposed to make you stronger, not smaller and weaker. The dragon blew a small puff of frost at the bone marked blue jay. His feathers ruffled playfully and he jumped at her. They both were amused by the whole ordeal. The dragon lowered herself to the ground allowing the bird to flap up on her back. His claws gripped her scaly hide as she unfolded her wings. She glanced back at him and he nodded. A screech flew from his beak as they shot into the air. It was hard on the blue dragon, there was no way she could do it for long. Astarot's heart flew with them he felt free, for the first time in his life. He wanted to stay on her back forever, but he could feel her labored flapping and breathing. A sight caught their attention and she flew closer to the small crowd.

When they were close enough for the stallion to glide he jumped from her back. The wind felt marvelous under his wings as he circled slowly fell towards the ground. He wished he could fly all the time, but he had not been blessed with working wings. When it came to landing, he was lucky Zafir had followed right behind him. She steadied him with her wings a soft purring laughter rumbling in her breast. Her wings were tired, but her heart was full.

With his claws in the ground the stallion willed the magic away. He transformed on the edge of the group where they could all see him if they were looking. A bright smile graced his features as the stallion settled into his horse form. Zafir lifted into the skies then settled on her bonded's back worn out from their test. "Hello everyone, I don't think we've all formally met." He smiled and dipped his head to the three of them in turn. "I'm Astarot and this is my dragon Zafir." He smiled and spotted the odd creature with five heads. Zafir lifted her head and eyed the think suspiciously before laying her scaly head back down. Her eyes watched the creature as she rested her body. "What an odd and pretty creature. Who is it bonded with?" He looked between the three horses ending on the newly named crafter.

Talk
Words:: 623
Tags:: @Syrena @Sunjata  @Mihtal
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_trans_tag_by_are_we_...a8y6wy.png]

Messages In This Thread
A wish for wings that work [Keys] - by Syrena - 03-21-2017, 07:23 PM
RE: A wish for wings that work [Keys] - by Mihtal - 03-23-2017, 04:11 AM
RE: A wish for wings that work [Keys] - by Astarot - 03-24-2017, 02:22 AM
RE: A wish for wings that work [Keys] - by Syrena - 03-25-2017, 05:18 PM
RE: A wish for wings that work [Keys] - by Mihtal - 03-27-2017, 02:17 AM
RE: A wish for wings that work [Keys] - by Syrena - 04-02-2017, 06:32 PM