the Rift

conceit of deceit [SNEAKS]

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

Not sure what to make of the svelte woman who serves alongside me, even as the meeting unfurls, I train my attention on her words, which are few. Something, however, about what she says, how she says it, makes me look at her, as the quiet few gathered allow silence to grow after Imogen and I’s statements.

I wonder if they noticed it too, and curse my youth for not being able transcribe it like some did the glances of others; all I see is a dark smile, one that should accompany a thread, but a part of me still wants to inquire more of her. Pulling my gaze away from where it has roamed, looking back out to the men of night and shadow who have followed the wicked bird and I into the tent, I wonder what they think, with their silence, and their eyes.

Albrecht, staggeringly silent, perhaps bothers me the most. I’d certainly expected to be ridiculed or mocked, but from the look on his haggard face, and the gentle touches he lends the shoulder I’d pierced in rage, he hasn’t forgotten what transpired between us, either. Yet, moving from him, to the pale stranger with something peculiar embedded in his gaze, to the familiar, tall chestnut who had always seemed to haunt the evergreens, and the shadows of this place.

He had been me once, I think suddenly, meeting his eyes with a familiar, and somewhat wary smile. What now? That glance almost asks; a fleeting appearance of the lost boy I hide behind pride, and confidence. A glimmer of who I really am that vanishes as soon as it arrives, and I’m embarrassed that I’d faltered at all, or that the silence has extended this long.

Say something, they’re giving up on you.

Oh, shut up, Duir!

"If anyone has anything to report, now would be a good time. I'm sure you have noticed by now that the tent seems peculiarly quiet; the reason being that the cloth is enchanted for silence. Nothing you say will escape the confines of this room," I continue and cover up with knowledge ('cause it's power, right?), looking about awkwardly, wondering if anyone noticed that maybe I didn’t have this as in the bag as I could (should) have; regardless, I've spent a lot of time, alone, in the woods. That has given me ample opportunity to come up with some ideas, which required more than just me and Duir to see to fruition. At least I now had other people, right? "otherwise, I’m planning something a bit more fun, the next time we meet. Aside from working on your tracking and stealth skills, it may also be a good idea to brush up on your logic between then and now."

[ Thank you guys for coming! <3

Any IC information you feel your character knows which would be viable to the herd's leaders can be shared at this point. Otherwise Rikyn's next reply, one week from Imogen's, will conclude the meeting! The patrol thread is otherwise still active, and will be open for participants until the 5th. I'm drawing a headshot for the winner of a random roll at the end of the thread. Anyone who participated through the entire thread and made the time limits will be included in the roll. ]

Art by Esa82@DA

@Imogen @Toulouse @Albrecht @Roland

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
conceit of deceit [SNEAKS] - by Rikyn - 03-22-2017, 11:19 AM
RE: conceit of deceit [SNEAKS] - by Imogen - 03-22-2017, 11:52 PM
RE: conceit of deceit [SNEAKS] - by Toulouse - 03-23-2017, 12:53 AM
RE: conceit of deceit [SNEAKS] - by Albrecht - 03-24-2017, 12:18 PM
RE: conceit of deceit [SNEAKS] - by Roland - 03-28-2017, 09:52 PM
RE: conceit of deceit [SNEAKS] - by Rikyn - 03-29-2017, 09:39 AM
RE: conceit of deceit [SNEAKS] - by Imogen - 03-30-2017, 01:23 PM
RE: conceit of deceit [SNEAKS] - by Toulouse - 03-31-2017, 07:52 AM
RE: conceit of deceit [SNEAKS] - by Roland - 04-05-2017, 01:18 AM
RE: conceit of deceit [SNEAKS] - by Rikyn - 04-07-2017, 11:15 AM