the Rift

conceit of deceit [SNEAKS]

Roland Posts: 230
Aurora Basin Phantom atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: 8 yrs HP: 60.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Glo

There had been no opportunity for Roland to pause and question Lena at their reunion, no chance to learn what had transpired in his absence. Since his return, the Phantom had not strayed far from the comfort of his old cave, or the snow capped cliffs where he could wander in peace. He had yet to discover what he had missed, and there was so much information he yearned to gain, so many puzzle pieces yet to be connected. There were too many unknowns, and when Rikyn called out a request for information, he could offer none of value.

The winged mare did not chime in with more demands, though Roland felt the weight of her gaze upon him in the silence that followed. He did not falter under it, having nothing to fear, or to hide, from his superiors, though he had to wonder if something about him had caught her interest. Try as he might, he could not shake the suspicion that his disappearance may have earned him criticism among his allies. He had never been fond of the spotlight, even when the attention was positive.

In the wake of Rikyn's appeal, the palomino stepped forwards. He spoke in a quiet, gentle tone, a stark contrast to the loud, quick confidence of their leaders. While he seemed to have much to offer, it was not the report on his former position in the Edge that garnered the most interest from Roland. His heart leapt into his throat at mention of a circlet, his circlet, that had been stolen from him no sooner than he had last recovered it. "I believe that belongs to me," he replied abruptly, drawing further into the tent with eager steps. He had only just received the trinket from Lena when it had been taken from him- not lost- as it had first tumbled into the autumn shadows in the chaos of a hasty departure,  but stolen, though he had not been able to discern the identity of the thief. Roland had cursed himself for not guarding it as well as he should have, for letting it slip out of his grasp when it held so much value, so much sentiment. It was a relief it was back in friendly hands, that it had not vanished forever.

His gaze flicked towards the Thieves that stood before them, quick to recover from his initial excitement. "I have been away for some time. I do not believe the information I gathered in my absence will be of any use to us, but I am at your disposal," he offered with a dip of his head, ever courteous, and turned a smile of gratitude upon the decorated gelding. Roland was eager to have the circlet back, to feel its weight once more against his brow, secure around his horn. He would have been lost without it.

Push your luck if it makes you a promise
that turns con men honest.

Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
conceit of deceit [SNEAKS] - by Rikyn - 03-22-2017, 11:19 AM
RE: conceit of deceit [SNEAKS] - by Imogen - 03-22-2017, 11:52 PM
RE: conceit of deceit [SNEAKS] - by Toulouse - 03-23-2017, 12:53 AM
RE: conceit of deceit [SNEAKS] - by Albrecht - 03-24-2017, 12:18 PM
RE: conceit of deceit [SNEAKS] - by Roland - 03-28-2017, 09:52 PM
RE: conceit of deceit [SNEAKS] - by Rikyn - 03-29-2017, 09:39 AM
RE: conceit of deceit [SNEAKS] - by Imogen - 03-30-2017, 01:23 PM
RE: conceit of deceit [SNEAKS] - by Toulouse - 03-31-2017, 07:52 AM