the Rift

[OPEN] one more stupid love song

Idolum Posts: 11
World's Edge Mare
Mare :: Pegasus :: 17 :: 2
Sospes :: Common Zephyr :: Roc .A.
dreams in which i'm dying are the best i've ever had
She hates being the 'new girl'.  All of the questions, the judgements...the stares.  Everyone always stares, either at her enormous height and wings, or her socially awkward personality.  And so she escapes into her own reality, where Sospes' wings flutter time into a slower pace and she can finally breath.  Up near the heavens, where she inhales the cold air and sails among clouds, she finds herself peeking at others, wishing she could make herself fit into the crowds of souls.  Everyone is unique, but they cluster together like a bouquet of wildflowers.  She closes her ebony eyes, a black rose growing separate from the array of daffodils and daisies....And falls.

Wind whistles in her ears and her hair whipped against her sides as she dives towards the ground.  Tucking her gradient wings towards her, she slits her eyes open, watching as a glittering pool of blue grows larger.  The ocean that borders the land that she resides in crashes against the cliffs in foamy waves, making it impossible to tell where the jagged rocks below the surface are.  Letting instinct take over, her eyes close once again, her body straightening as she broke through the salty foam.  

Where are you?

In the trees.

Her dive into the water hardly made a splash.  Deep under the surface, her eyes open, wings spreading to stop her decent to the murky depths.  The salt stung her eyes, but the mare forced them to stay open, rolling them in her head to spy the foliage and fish that called the water home.  She wondered if she would ever find a place to call home.  Her mind drifted to the caramel stallion that led her here and his promise of rest and peace.  She would need to give the Edge more time.

Come up, Idolum.  You are not a fish.

Following her bonded's order, she used her wings to propel her upwards, again making the water ripple as she exited the water and entered the sky.  Her body felt heavy, pregnant with water weight as she headed for the cliff face.  She landed lightly, touching ground and creating a pool of water where she now stood.

One hell of a bath.  At least you are clean.

Idolum smiled, her obsidian coat shining.  She shook her head, droplets of water flying around her like a halo.  At least in this moment, she has found peace.

"Speech"

OOC: everyone welcome!

idolum

Kianzo Posts: 95
World's Edge Sleuth
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 hh :: 2
Keusi :: Striped Hyena :: Terrorize smitty
Unbeknownst to the young stallion, he has taken to standing along the cliffs in a similar fashion to his sire; an equally brooding (though perhaps darker) black-lined face stared out over the blue-grey waves that churned incessantly against the starkly white limestone rocks. His own sharply blue gaze was a quiet storm of deep thoughts as he watched the horizon.

But the horizon was not still—no, movement caught his eye. A plunging, sleek, obsidian and cream from; black-rimmed ears swept forward as his strongly featured face rose. Interest swept away the darkness to his features, instead lightening them with curiosity—what was that? Too large to be a bird, too small to be a dragon or griffin. A pegasus? Was it still alive, after that salty smash into the sea?

Keusi yipped dejectedly beside him; whatever it was was too far away to be eaten by the hyena. So the striped predator gloomily plopped onto the ground, paw-tips hanging over the edge of the cliffs as she rested her head on them, staring at the foaming water where the creature had disappeared.

Time—what seemed like too much time—passed without any sign of life. And the darkly gilded man tilted his head slightly, had he just witnessed the taking of a life? Thick, dark lips pressed together slightly—

But any further thoughts were dashed by the sudden emergence of a thin, shapely black crest, plastered with cream locks darkened by the sea. This was followed by great movements of massive, black wings fringed in cream (or was that ocean foam?) that struggled to rise out of the sea that seemed to suck her in.

And the prince was intrigued—sharply blue eyes not leaving the woman as she shed her watery grave and gracefully relighted on the Edge’s cliffs. His gaze followed a few rivulets of water that ran over her thin, salt-slicked coat. She was tall, though height was normalcy in Kianzo’s family. And she was slender, elegantly built, with an effeminate face highlighted by her bone-colored markings.

A quick, short breath pulled the scent of briny, equine skin into his flared, pale nostrils, before his deep voice rolled, “Quite a show,” and his long, sharply gilded horn motioned towards the sea, “Is that a habit of yours?” And his sharp stare never blinked or left her all the while—though a small, lopsided smile did curve up one corner of his thick lips.
kianzo&keusi
You must know darkness
before you can know light

@Idolum

Please tag Kianzo in all replies.

World's Edge Mare
A breeze made goosebumps erupt on her skin, influencing her to move her body out of the shade of the trees.  Sospes hopped from his high perch onto a lower branch, an internal laugh vibrating his plumage.  His humor was cut short though, as a shower of sea foam was sent from Idolum's body, hitting his own.  A shrill noise of resentment escaped from his frowning beak as he sent his bonded a stern look.  The mare let out her own laugh.

You needed a bath too, Sos.  

Humph...at least I don't look like a drowned dog.

More like a drowned rat.

The heavy bird dropped from his branch, landing on Idolum's thin withers with the intent of playfully pecking her.  His attention was pulled, however to a stranger wandering near.  The mare he was perched upon failed to notice the stag coming up from behind. The bird braced himself, knowing Idolum's sudden reaction to his voice.

Her ears swiveled back to catch the stranger's words, catching her off guard.  A sharp inhale was accompanied by a jerking motion forward until she was turned around to face him.  Nervousness filled her, evident by her twitching ears and rolling eyes.  She struggled to find her tongue, up until Sospes' sharp talons tightened around her.

Really, must we go through this again?

She cleared her throat, parting her lips to reply to the stallion's words.  "It's uh...it reminds me that I'm alive."  Once again, her voice cracked under the strain of misuse.  She lowered her eyes, very aware that most would give her a look of shame, and caught a glimpse of the stallion's companion.  A creature she has never seen before, almost dog like, with an aura of sadism surrounding it.  "Idolum...my name is Idolum."  In attempt to become part of this place, she offered her name, along with a shy smile.  She felt Sospes puff his chest and spread his wings, a testament that he is here too.  "Oh, and Sospes."

She squirmed under his intense stare, her heart beating heavily in her chest. Idolum tucked her wings close to her, her crown becoming lower then the stallions. She was unsure of his rank in the herd, but knew she was, in fact, the new girl. She held no rank, but desired none. She will forever be lowering her head to others.

"Speech"

OOC: @Kianzo

idolum

Kianzo Posts: 95
World's Edge Sleuth
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 hh :: 2
Keusi :: Striped Hyena :: Terrorize smitty
The dark prince was used to being noticed when he wanted to be (and used to being missed when he didn’t want to be noticed)—so it was unusual (to him) for the mare to jerk around, surprised by his words. Because, he was quickly realizing, he wanted to be noticed by this unusual, elegantly fashioned young mare.

“I don’t bite,” his low voice offered in what would be an calming apologetic tone if not for the amused gleam in his dark blue eyes. And it was true; at least, he hadn’t bitten anyone yet—although he wasn't entirely certain he wanted to offer this information to the seemingly skittish winged woman. He wanted her to stay around for at least a few moments longer—which was odd, for he usually reserved his interest for his twin sister.

His brows knitted slightly at the cracked, stumbled answer to his question (”It's uh...it reminds me that I'm alive”), chiseled head tilting slightly at its refined height. “Do you often forget?” Though his low voice was mildly puzzled, the lopsided grin on his thick lips had begun to grow across his features. Something about this pegasus equally intrigued and pleased the young stallion.

“I am Kianzo, and this,” his long, thinly spiraled, and sharply bladed horn motioned towards the striped hyena who had slowly risen to her paws, predatory stare sizing up both mare and bird, “Is Keusi.” His own gaze narrowed at his hyena, ’Behave,’ he sent viciously through their bond, eliciting a suppressed yelp from her.

Begrudgingly, Keusi licked her lips in greeting, tail-tip wagging slightly as she shuffled forward and looked at the zephyr expectantly as if to say, I’m behaving, come say ‘hi’ while it lasts.
kianzo&keusi
You must know darkness
before you can know light

@Idolum

Please tag Kianzo in all replies.

World's Edge Mare
Never trust someone who starts a conversation with 'I don't bite".

Are you getting bad vibes, Sospes?

Not necessarily.  At least from him.  His companion is....well I am wary is all.

She met his gaze, if for a moment.  His blue orbs were intense, almost piercing.  Her own gaze was blurred into a monotone, unappealing in her opinion.  In fact, everything about her was monotone.  She took a moment to sweep his yellow hue, his dark markings and over-sized horn.  It was then that she realized that the man was taller then her.  That has never happened...meeting someone who's height was more impressive then her own.  

She let her crown lift, her ears pricking at his soft tone and amused smile.  "Do you often forget?  Her head tilted, taking a moment to ponder his question.  "Doesn't everyone?  I think it's normal to confuse reality with fantasy.  My reality is filled with flight and night-"  Her words stop, her head shaking at herself.  If she talked about the nightmares, she could fling herself into one.  She cleared her throat, her grungy voice becoming clearer the more she used it.  "Someone not born with wings could fantasize about flight, and that could skew their reality."

As she spoke, her head lifted even more, meeting Kianzo's gaze.  It would seem that talking about these deep thoughts relaxed her, her body no longer trembling.  "I guess, falling...the adrenaline rush...reminds me that I am not in a fantasy.  That this is real."

This is real....Idolum was suddenly aware of how assured she spoke.  Her eyes dropped, again clearing her throat.  Sospes dug his talons into her shoulder, a look of disappointment in his ivory eyes.

Why did you stop?  That was good.

That was embarrassing.

The bird huffed out of his beak, dropping to the ground as the dog-like creature came forward.  Idolum watched as he took a step forward, his wings spread, making himself look much bigger then he really is, a shrill caw of greeting bellowing forward.

And now your embarrassing me.

Im just saying hello.

Loudly.

The mare gazed back at Kianzo, returning his grin.  "Are you in this herd?  I guess I haven't met many yet..."  Her voice trailed off, waiting for the man's response with her awkward smile.

"Speech"

OOC: @Kianzo

idolum