the Rift

[OPEN] are you my mother?

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
"I'LL BE THERE FOR YOU THROUGH IT ALL,
EVEN IF SAVING YOU SENDS ME TO HEAVEN."

A familiar face and voice drew Alysanne’s attention away from Iona and she whickered a soft hello to Kiada, motioning with her head that the girl could get closer if she wished. Iona still looked a little too stunned to invite her over herself, anyway. Then Kiada said the c-word and the reaction in Iona was like she had just gotten the worst news of her life. They had seen true horrors together but it took bonding to an adorable baby bird to make her sister speechless.

Meanwhile, Hemlock was, to put it lightly, distressed that the hatchling took more readily to the offering from the larger bird. He fluffed his feathers up in indignation but didn’t fly off just yet. Maybe the little bird would still be hungry after the piece of meat! He placed the dragonfly lightly on the ground and hooted in encouragement.

Alysanne felt for her sister, she really did, but it was too difficult to keep the smile off of her face. It brightened her eyes and she reached over to nudge her sister encouragingly. “Oh, don’t despair, dear sister! It’s quite a wonderful thing, really. You'll get used to it.” She hadn’t meant to bond to Hemlock, either. His egg had been so long and cold on the beach, years and years ago now, and she had cared for it. Cared for him with the help of Nayati and Rathunax. It never failed to entertain her that a dragon had been the one to give Hemlock his first meals and feed him until he could hunt on his own and now the little owl hated dragons so passionately.

She and Kiada could help Iona now the way that she had been helped. Horses weren’t meant to hunt for birds, after all, and the owl and Kiada’s beautiful bird of prey would be more suited to the task.

She glanced at Kiada and winked before looking back to Iona. Her voice took on a lightly teasing tone when she continued speaking. “You’re going to have to name him now, you know.”

A L Y S A N N E the devoted queen  
and
I O N A the specter
image credit

@Kiada
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
are you my mother? - by Iona - 03-23-2017, 01:33 PM
RE: are you my mother? - by Alysanne - 03-23-2017, 01:55 PM
RE: are you my mother? - by Kiada - 03-23-2017, 02:17 PM
RE: are you my mother? - by Iona - 03-24-2017, 11:31 PM
RE: are you my mother? - by Alysanne - 03-25-2017, 01:29 PM
RE: are you my mother? - by Kiada - 03-27-2017, 11:47 PM