the Rift

[OPEN] Are you particularly interested in plants? [Welcoming]

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

- sometimes in the wind of change -

The conversation is easy, and she enjoys it. Though conversation about plants always does seem to come easily for her now, which is strange. How different she is now, how far she’s come. Perhaps it makes sense; perhaps it explains her love of the forest back in Morham. The way the trees became her friends, reaching out to touch her in a friendly hello whenever she visited. She’d always thought it had more to do with the way the wind and the trees whispered to one another, the leaves laughing. But she still loved the forests, even here, and she couldn’t hear the wind as she once could. So perhaps it had always been a love of plants, even before she’d known.

“It’s not too hard to learn the practical applications, especially if you already know the academics behind it. I didn’t know all that much until a few years ago. I just spent nearly all my waking moments playing with plants.” She gives a light laugh, as if this hadn’t been because she’s more or less refused to interact with others. Which isn’t quite right. She would interact, but the loss of her old life weighed too much, and she kept to herself.

Sometimes, she still does. She still spends a lot of time in the greenhouse, though in the years she’s been here, she’s made friends, found something of a life. It’s not the same as having a family, and she will never stop missing them, but her friends keep her going. Her purpose in the Edge gives her a reason to keep going, and she’s always glad to bring others here. The Edge was a second chance for her, and she hopes it can be the same for others.

They come to the cliffs and he seems to like it. She smiles, teal eyes watching him more than the view. The view has become familiar to her, one she never takes for granted, but not necessarily one she always wants to see. She’s more interested in his reaction than the view today. “No, I came to Helovia a few years ago. Though I’ve always lived in the Edge since I came. It reminds me of my old home, a bit, and everyone has always been kind and welcoming.” Not that the other herds weren’t kind and welcoming, but the Edge had always felt right.

“Are you interested in a job here? You don’t have to have one, but we have healers, obviously, if you wanted to learn more. Though even if you don't, I can show you the greenhouse and the garden.” She smiles a bit wider at that, nodding her head in the direction of the greenhouse not too far off. “And we have Seers. Their job is to collect the history of the herd and to call upon the Moon Goddess when we need her guidance. We also have sleuths, warriors, and crafters.” She falls silent then, figuring she’s said more than enough.

- we find our true direction -

lyanna

@Yves

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are you particularly interested in plants? [Welcoming] - by Lyanna - 03-26-2017, 04:01 PM