the Rift

[OPEN] Dark Clouds

Roux Posts: 57
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5 :: Orangemoon HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Edison :: Red Kite :: Rage Semper

"Company." The kite spoke up as he settled onto my withers, striped black with scar tissue from our time together, Edison was old enough to speak full, well-educated sounding phrases but the red bird tended to stick with one or two words as of late. His irritation with me keeping him from having any desire to carry on a full conversation. Not that I complained, being able to have my own mind and remain quite was well...just what I wanted. My tarnished crown turned just as the sound of the newcomer's hooves against stone hit my flicked back ears. I wondered what had brought this other creature out to a place as treacherous as the Vein with a storm brewing just over the horizon. Even if the kite hadn't lent his vision to me, the storm was obvious as the air filled with the crackling of electricity and each breathe seemed to grow heavier and heavier with enough humidity to choke.

"Hello." The dark creature spoke, a simple greeting, that had I not already noted his presence would have likely saved him from having his blood boiled in his veins. I turned, facing the stranger full on as the kite leaned forward to look over my broad shoulders. Sending me short snapshots of the scrawny animal who stood before me. He was a queer looking character, dark as the ground under fallen leaves in a forest with twisting horns sprouting from his scalp and a beard that traveled the expanse of his undercarriage the color of rust on a nail that had been exposed to the world for far too long. My ivory tipped skull bobbed up and down in a greeting to the bag of bone and muscle that stood before me, there wasn't much time for words to be added to the greeting before the stranger's mouth opened once again.

"Doesn't that hurt?" His voice rose over the sound of waves crashing and the crackling of wood burning in an eternal fire, causing Edison to ruffle his feathers and flex his talons, releasing my flesh only to grab it once again as he realized the question was directed towards his perch. The corners of my dark stained lips twitched up into a smirk as my vocal chords finally sprung into action. "I believe it did when he and I were both younger, our bond newer....but now it's as if he was meant to perch there." Moon eyes shifted upwards, as if I could see where the snake twisted about the towers then back to where we would have been making eye contact. It was always interesting to tell if someone would continue eye contact with a creature who was obviously blind as I, or if they would avert their gaze for fear of feeling rude or uncomfortable. "I am Roux, and this pleasant fellow is Edison. Who might you be?" As much as I disliked conversation and being social, my mother had raised me with at least a decent amount of manners...not to mention, I was still curious as to what had brought the fool out to the isle.

"" text
ROUX
couldn't say I love you,
so I became heartless

image credits
@Albrecht
<3
Now waking to the sun
I calculate what I had done
Like jumping from the bow
Just to prove that I knew how
</style>