the Rift

[OPEN] 28 Weeks Later [Join]

Ezital Posts: 48
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.0
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 14.1 :: 4 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Oatmeal :: Two-toed Sloth :: None Veer
EZITAL

Heavy mouth breathing startled Ezital from his banquet. He turned to find a filthy, emaciated creature lurching toward him and making unsettling progress. Ropes of red spilled from its underbelly and throat, spilling over its knees and hocks in a river of gore. Its mottled maw curled into a rather menacing smile.

The sound that fell from his lips wasn't quite a scream, but it was hard to maintain one's dignity when bits of grass and saliva were flying through the air. He skittered up the path in an awkward tangle of limbs, as he refused to turn tail to the beast. Clearly, the Gods had heard his rambling thoughts and raised the dead to greet him.

But then the beast was speaking, and the cloud of fear melted into irritation and resignation.

"Albrecht? You look…" He faltered, unable to come up with something other than 'awful'. 'Well' and 'Fine' were way too generous. The stallion was gaunt and bony as ever, and the warmth of Tallsun seemed to have thinned his dark coat. It certainly didn't do him any favors.

Ezital watched in a state of bemused amazement as the stallion struggled over the worn path like he was scaling a mountain with three broken legs. Had he really felt threatened by this creature?

He laughed at Albrecht's leer. "I only need to stand downwind from you for that. You smell like the north end of a south facing cow."

Another equine prances up the path, a study in opposites to the gnarled old stallion. She was painted brightly blue and her attitude was positively charming. She automatically grouped Ezital with Albrecht as if their sheer proximity made them friendly. He opened his mouth to correct her, but hesitated before the words could come. Albrecht had lived in the Basin all this time, so they clearly tolerated the old stallion's presence in the herd, perhaps even welcomed it.

When he'd come to the Falls, he'd been brought by other members, introduced to the leaders and granted rank. This time he'd wandered into unfamiliar territory unaccompanied and possibly unwelcome. Grudgingly, he inched a little closer to Albrecht and hitched himself to Albrecht's metaphorical wagon.

"My name is Ezital, and until fairly recently I was a warrior for the Hidden Falls. I met Albrecht at the Heart Caves over Frostfall. I'm looking for somewhere to stay."

@Albrecht @Tiamat
talk

[Image: veerpixel2_by_abbie1234_d9s5c3u_by_veerd...9s893u.png]

Please tag Ezital in all replies.

Messages In This Thread
28 Weeks Later [Join] - by Ezital - 03-24-2017, 07:51 PM
RE: 28 Weeks Later [Join] - by Albrecht - 03-25-2017, 07:35 AM
RE: 28 Weeks Later [Join] - by Tiamat - 03-29-2017, 03:41 AM
RE: 28 Weeks Later [Join] - by Ezital - 03-29-2017, 03:25 PM
RE: 28 Weeks Later [Join] - by Albrecht - 04-03-2017, 08:13 AM
RE: 28 Weeks Later [Join] - by Tiamat - 04-05-2017, 10:13 PM
RE: 28 Weeks Later [Join] - by Ezital - 04-06-2017, 04:12 PM