the Rift

Stand Tall Little Lamb (For imi?)

Anemone Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Legs lifted and fell as she made her way to the furthest edge of the lands. The ocean intrigued her, she couldn't deny it. Echos of the sloshing waters hit her ears before she'd even seen them. However, even before the sounds was the smell, or perhaps at the same time, who knew? She could smell the salt and hear the waves and slowly she felt the snow sink more and more until it was sand. Wet and dried and wet again. She crossed it to the waters and lowered her head, brushing her lips against the slow and creeping waters. They came up around her hooves and she then drifted back to sea. She lifted her head and looked along the water before pivoting back onto the sand and walking slowly along the water. Her body was relaxed but not lazily so. She didn't have a care in the world, after all. This was a new place, a new start for her. Granted it was cold here, where as before she'd been mainly in the forest and didn't have to worry about snow much thanks to the coverage. Now was different though.

Her mind did wander now and then as she thought about her mother. Where was she? Where had Amaya gone to? Over and over her mother had told her to refer to her as Amaya and not Mother as she often called her. But what was she to do? She was her mother, she couldn't help but refer to her as such. Bright eyes turned to the water in thought and she closed them slowly. She twists her head quickly then, and spears her dark horn through the air, and through the memories. She didn't want to think about things, to remember her mothers words. Amaya's words. She lipped the air, tasting the salt as though to distract herself from the thoughts. She looked around again, wondering if someone was near but she couldn't tell. She couldn't smell more than the salt in the air and the sounds were drowned out by the crashing waves. She relied on her sight but there was nothing there to see. At least it didn't seem like it.

She was nervous about being a new place now. She had no idea what to expect honestly but she wasn't scared. Life was full of ups and downs and twists and turns. The Earth was a prime example of that. The land was not smooth, it was bumpy and rough and had many different paths to it. Anemone admired the Earth, and many other parts of life. She felt the muscles around her eyes soften as a sort of inner smile crept over her. She was happy to be in this new place, with new experiences on the way. She had a lot to look forward to, really, in her opinion anyway. What other opinion mattered to her anyway? If she was looking forward to her new life then good, right? She thought so. She kept her slow pace as she walked along the beach, exploring it to see what this land had to offer.

ANEMONE

Torasin Posts: 132
Deceased
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 8
imi

TORASIN

To what lengths must I go, to be able to hear from you once more.

It was a short walk to the Endless Blue. The bare trees of the Worlds Edge slowly dissipating as the paint and his brown bonded made their way onto the sandy beach. The chill was less so here without the harsh weather system that often surrounded the Edge. The soft grainy sands a welcome relief to his hooves, even if it didn't quite hold the same warmth it once did when the Sun was not banished. For everything that he did, it was in the depths of winter that Torasin began to understand the little advantages the raging God had. A scaly wing brushed his shoulder as Kiba stretched out across his back and the painted gentleman shot him a sceptical look.

Make yourself at home.

The thought Torasin sent to him was laced with sarcasm and amusement. Kiba chose not to answer it. Tor snorted and continued along the beach, heading unconsciously towards the sea and a mare. It wasn't until he'd almost hit the coast line that Torasin finally noticed the painted femme who stood a few more inches taller than himself. Her patches of brown were much like his patches of gold but a long dark horn had grown marvellously from her brow, a unicorn. The steed approached with caution, wondering whether she was of the same band of unicorns that had been banished from the Edge or if she was a lone traveller. Kiba had got back onto his claw ridden feet and now peered round the creamy mane of his bonded friend. Eyes wide with curiosity. She moved effortlessly and her mane was laced in black and white. Torasin gently knickered from behind her to make his presence known so his voice did not startle the tobiano femme.

"The beach is a lovely place is it not, milady?" A voice so smooth and kind with incredibly polite tones. He stopped giving her a respectable distance, unsure of how the young mare would react to a complete stranger. Kiba almost purred with excitement of meeting someone else, the busy body reptile boy flicking his long pointy tail from side to side.

dappledstock.deviantart.com | skystockprovider.deviantart.com | lumibear.deviantart.com | art by veradaine.deviantart.com

Unregistered

Ears turned back when she heard the sound of another. Head swiveled around to look on whoever it was and then lifted curiously. Another with painted markings? She curiously stopped and turned to face him. What was more interesting was the creature on his back. What was that? She'd never seen such a thing. An excited and surprised nicker came from her before she could stop it. She looked to the beach, because that's what he spoke of, and then to him. He had no horn, he had no wings, but he had some creature on his back. She'd have to ask about that, she decided. She was just so curious.

"Yes, it is quite lovely. I'm Anemone," came the gentle music-like tone of hers as she introduced herself. Perhaps he'd introduce himself and the little friend of his. "This place is more interesting than I gave her credit for..." She said it before she realized she had. In truth when Amaya had told her about the lands, she didn't believe that there was such a place. That there really were herds of unicorns and pegasus and equines all in one place but that was her mother for her. Telling her things to make her see reason. To make her see equality. She had never shown signs of believing anything else. It was still a shock to her, though, that this was all real now though. Now that she was seeing an equine for herself.

She tilted her head a bit and looked over the painted sir again. She was quite pleased to see another similar to herself. It made her feel less of a freak. "Sorry, for sort of staring. I'm just intrigued... Rather, fascinated." Go figure a unicorn would believe that other things were the fables. That was out the window now though, she realized, as she looked over Torasin and his excited companion. She carried herself with her head high but she brought it down just a tad. She felt awkward most days because of her height. Her mother had been quite short in comparison. Anemone was sure her height came from her dad but she didn't know anything about him. She dismissed the thoughts and looked away so as not to stare, though she was growing more and more curious of this place and the things it had to offer.

ANEMONE

Deceased
imi

TORASIN

She seemed innocent and sweet, her voice like a gentle melody to his buttery ears. She showed no fear of him, no hatred towards him just... A careful curiosity. Torasin's body released itself from the tension and took comfort from the fact she was not of the racist group they had recently kicked out of the Edge. The mare was young, half his age maybe, and Torasin struggled to pinpoint whether it was him she was fascinated with or Kiba. The latter was already bobbing up and down on his back, chirping his greeting in several different ways. Tail always flicking from side to side. The painted boy let a ripple of laughter caress his grey lips and almost seemed to roll his eyes at his bonded's honest excitement, green pools turned back to the lovely mare who had dipped her head resuming a height that was slightly easier to converse with.

"No need to apologise Miss Anemone." A cordial voice laced with the kindness of a loving gentleman who found it intriguing that a unicorn would find something else fascinating. For some reason, he always thought they saw a different world to he. "My name is Torasin and this brown boy is Kiba" even as he first began to talk Kiba was already trembling with pent up energy wanting to greet Anemone in a series of aerial antics. When the painted steed said his name the brown was finally released from formality and flew around the femme with loud trilling as he proceeded into his routine dance.

Anee. Aneemooone

Torasin smiled as the brown spoke to his mind, an indecipherable look crossing his face as the dragon tried to say the mare's name for the first time. "There are many wonderful things here, ma'am. This beach is just one of them" he looked at her then. His face was honest and full of happiness, of course there were many bad things in Helovia to balance the good. But why ruin the moment? He snorted and began to walk along the beach once more, motioning for the femme to follow him if she liked. A silent thought touched his mind in response to his unspoken question.

Maybe I'll tell you later.

dappledstock.deviantart.com | skystockprovider.deviantart.com | lumibear.deviantart.com | art by veradaine.deviantart.com

Unregistered

Anemone lifted her head with a playful laugh as Kiba swirled around her. She dipped her head to him and looked to the painted one with glee and comfort. She'd not been sure that the companion was happy or agitated with her presence before but now she was sure it was glee. She looked to Torasin and dipped her head slightly in recognition of him. "It's a pleasure to meet you. Both of you..." she corrected at the end and looked to Kiba in curious glee. Sure she was a unicorn but she wasn't used to other things. Companions, equines, even the pegasus confused her most of the time but she still appreciated them. They were all wondrous really, she didn't think she was better than anyone. She really didn't. She watched for a moment in silent wonder, happy and peaceful.

She watched the dragon and the look on his face, she couldn't figure it out and it only made her more curious. The bell like laughter she'd inherited from her mother came again and she shook her head a bit with the sound. Not as a "no" but just as a movement. She could tell that the stallion had relaxed a bit from when he first approached and while she wasn't sure why, something in her mind connected to her mothers words. Something to do with racism, or so she was guessing. Anemone knew better than to assume but that was the best explanation she could give herself without seeming rude and asking him. She looked to the stallion, calm and relaxed. She wasn't scared of him, she didn't feel threatened by him nor his dragon. Fascinated, yes, but not scared or anything of the like. He had spoken with a voice that was rich and smooth all at once and Anemone couldn't help but soak it in like a sponge. He was a gentleman, she could tell, and she was glad to have met him.

Hearing that there was many things in Helovia, and watching him take the first step, Anemone didn't stay back. She stepped with him, finding an easy stride in herself as she did. From time to time her ears swiveled back to note where the dragon was. She was quite fond of it, honestly, though she had never met one before so she didn't know what to compare it to. However, she found him to quite adorable and friendly. "With all good, there are bad I'm sure as well. My mo- friend... My friend told me about this place. She told me to come here and that while it is a good place I should be careful too of things I don't know..." It felt wrong referring to her mother as her friend. She felt like she was hiding it or something. But worse yet is though her mother told her to be careful of the unknown, Anemone knew she had a pretty good sense of others and she was quite confident that Torasin and his dragon companion, Kiba, would not harm her. They were friendly, and she was glad. At least they had been friendly thus far and who was she to argue it?

A silent thought hit her then, it was her mothers voice no less. One day, Ane, we will meet again. Anemone took a deep breath and she knew that she would. Maybe not right away, but one day.

Deceased
imi

TORASIN

Her laugh was marvellous. So much so that Torasin couldn't help but laugh with her. The bell like chime was infectious on the gilded steed whose merry tone now joined hers as Kiba flicked and turned now with an audience. His chirping becoming louder and more colourful in his aerial dance. Fatigue didn't come easily to Kiba as he kept up the twirls and flicks of his kind in handsome fashion. Calling out to Anemone now and then, his young mind wanting her attention.

The laugh turned into another warm smile as his lobes swivelled to catch the words of the painted unicorn. It had been a while since the gilded man had met such a kind horned one, although he knew they existed, he found himself forgetting her species completely and enjoying her company. She spoke of bad as well as good and Torasin nodded in agreement, it was wise to question each new thing until you knew it for what it was for. To rush into a new land would be foolish and the paint saw, that for her age, Anemone was anything but stupid. Her intelligent manner matching her beautiful looks, he proffered his head slightly and parted grey lips.

"Good advice even if I wish it was not neccecary. There are things, horses, in these lands that maybe you should fear. Not even I know everything that lurks here" he concluded to her statement, pale mane flicking over one ear as he looked out across the glittering sea. "There are dragons and magic, griffins and racist groups... And probably much more. I prefer to live in the present however, and meet each day as it comes" eyes turned back to the mare with an honest glint. His share of bad had taught him this, no matter what he couldn't fight fate. Maybe that was why he chose the path of the healer. He sighed a weary sigh and decided to change the subject.

"So... What brought you to Helovia, ma'am?"

Unregistered

She looked over the painted equine, happy and at ease for the moment. She watched Kiba whenever the dragon would chirp her way and she'd laugh more and just enjoy the moment. She kept with Torasin, for he was good company, she decided. She walked at an easy pace and looked to Torasin when she added to her own words. It was a little awkward to her to hear that there were some to fear. She didn't fear, not generally. Part of it was her age and her thoughts she was indestructible half the time. Truthfully she wasn't, and part of her knew that but when she was in the moment, she didn't think about that. No, in the moment she could anything, be anything, defeat anything! How wrong she was though.

He asked about what brought her to Helovia and she looked down for a brief moment before lifting her head and looking over at him again. "I've been on my own for quite some time, I felt it was time to change that. I was told that Helovia had a place for me if I ever wanted to do that, so here I am." She didn't know if that was necessarily true, though. Was there a place for her here? "I've been observing things, but not a lot. I've always just been alone, because it worked better for me that way." That was definitely true. She was used to the lone life. Being a part of a herd was not in her game plan but maybe it was time. Time to find a herd and settle. Of course, she then thought about the last herd she'd been in and her ears briefly fell back.

But then she looked to the side and saw Torasin again and relaxed a bit again. He was kind, and Kiba was completely amazing in her opinion. It must have been nice to have that companionship. She started to think again that being in a herd, part of something, would be nice but what were her chances? She looked at Torasin and smiled politely. "What else can you tell me of this place? I'm quite fascinated with it, and with Kiba there." She moved her head in Kiba's direction. How could seeing and hearing the wonderful little thing not improve her mood? How could talking with Torasin, the lovely gentleman, not make her feel at ease? She was so glad to have met and and far from ready to say farewell. He seemed quite intelligent and the comfort she felt around him made it easier.