the Rift

A Horse Has Five Hearts

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
Sacre sometimes wished he could open up and see inside another horses' head, only to watch their thoughts as they pass by; usually it was during the Threshold when he got these rather violent sounding urges to intrude rudely on someones privacy and satiate his own nosiness. Yet, he couldn't help but wonder what they thought when they saw this red and black unicorn for the first time, it was usually when they looked at him with instant suspicion despite his gentle face and jovial eyes that the fox-boy most wanted to know. Perhaps if he had been born black and fuchsia pink he would look less like a warmonger returning from battle. However, this mare was unlike those strange few he had met before, as her gaze lit up, hooves inching forwards and Sacre wove his instinctive encouraging smile across his dark mouth. She had quite a few questions it seemed, they tumbled off her lips one after the other until suddenly she went quiet as if something had suddenly occurred to her before shaking her head with an apology. Sacre laughed lightly, a merry sound that lingered in his voice "please you don't have to apologise, it's really fine, Katissa, ask as many things as you like" he tried to reassure, feeling like he understood her desire for conversation. Ríona was already parading around in front of him, her four tails dancing in the air around her, waiting for the attention she so vainly craved from everyone who noticed her. 

"Yes, she is a kitsune" he confirmed before being cut off from saying anything else by a familiar voice that sent a jolt through him. Toulouse. He watched the pale spy pick his way through the trees only to nudge his shoulder into Sacre who returned it with a friendly one of his own, allowing their horns to collide whilst pulling on all his willpower not to flinch from the memory that came with it. "I think I'll survive, are you?" he countered evasively, knowing that he hadn't been the only one to have suffered blows, despite his ineptness. Truthfully his hock wasn't entirely sound and his backside still showed the scars from the battering it got, but Sacre had patched himself back together the best he could with some help from Inari. 

"You haven't got that snake on you, have you?" he blurted suddenly, his eyes growing fearful around the edges as he eyed the spy who he considered a friend despite his terrible choice in companion.

The fox-boy was thankful when Toulouse diverted his attention to the mare, although it drew a frown across his features until finally he sighed in resignation at the spy "I'm sure she finds you just as charming" he said sarcastically before rolling his eyes comically skywards. However, by then Toulouse had already said something that made Sacre raise his brows from behind where the spy had bowed "auroras? Is there something you're not telling me?" Sacre asked, his eyes getting narrower as the tone of his voice spoke volumes.

Just then another appeared, as often happened in the Threshold when a new face showed up, and Sacre turned his attention to the other with a note of recognition. "Ampere" he chimed a greeting, flashing her a familiar grin, although his memory of her was vague from his time in the Dragons Throat, she was another he had never truly gotten to know. A Sultana now, in fact, and Sacre gazed at her with a note of awe before coughing and continuing "I hope the herd is well" he said eventually, remembering the oasis with a certain specific fondness as it had provided Sacre with a haven during the blistering Tallsun he had spent there.

After awaiting a moment when he might freely speak, Sacre returned back to the questions the mare had asked earlier "I imagine this might be a lot to take in" he started apologetically "the Worlds Edge is a herd to the west of here, my home in fact and where I serve as a Doctor. It sits on a cliff and overlooks the ocean, you are welcome to journey there with me if you wish" his youthful voice heartily offered.
and I never minded being on my own
then something broke in me and I wanted to go home

image credits

@Toulouse

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Messages In This Thread
A Horse Has Five Hearts - by Katissa - 03-26-2017, 11:17 PM
RE: A Horse Has Five Hearts - by Sacre - 03-28-2017, 05:04 AM
RE: A Horse Has Five Hearts - by Toulouse - 03-28-2017, 05:24 AM