the Rift

A Horse Has Five Hearts

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
Honestly, the wave of relief Sacre felt when Toulouse said his pet snake, Boomslang, was sleeping nearly knocked him off his feet. After their fight in the Edge, Sacre wasn't sure he'd be able to look at a snake again without feeling his skin crawl with repulsion. The way they slithered, flickering tongues and the widening of their jaw when they sought out their prey... The fox-boy shuddered and shifted uncomfortably, turning back to Katissa to take his mind off it.

With the choice between Toulouse's poetic offerings of northern hot springs and Ampere's quite to the point introduction, not to mention her status that was above him in rank might surely be quite an honour enough to tempt, Sacre didn't think his own humble suggestion would really encourage the gentle seeming girl, who had wandered into Helovia's den, to follow him back home. He might not even be tempted if he was in her position. Yet, before any decisions are made he finds himself drawn back to the lightning marked Sultana and the words she offered in return "I'm sorry, he was a great leader" he laments, cordially and with genuine sadness over Gaucho. He had never known the Sultan on any great personal level, but the fox-boy had learnt to treat his herd like his own family from from the Wildfire, and lived prosperously in the Throat for a time under his great influence. Sacre would not forget him. "I would love to! It was home once and I miss it at times" he smiles, perhaps when his duties were less demanding and a spare bit of time came up, he would travel to the Dragons Throat again. He needed to thank Volterra for his hospitality anyway since he had been in a rush last time. "The Worlds Edge is also open to visits" he offered Ampere in return, not knowing or really caring much if he wasn't supposed to, one day he would offer to the wrong horse, but that day wasn't here yet.

The conversation turns back to Katissa and he grins at her with encouragement, the overwhelming feeling when one entered the Threshold for the first time wasn't something Sacre could relate to, though hard he tried to understand how alien it must feel. His grin widens even more when she turns her white painted face to him, to accept his offering of home, and join his family, now their family. He couldn't help but feel a small triumph, that he was the victor in this competition, as Ampere called it, and his prize was a new friend to take back home. "You are no trouble at all, I will gladly take you to the Worlds Edge" he beamed and began to prepare himself to leave after nodding back, gracious and respectful, at Ampere as she disappeared into the forest.

He didn't leave straight away, however, pausing to regard Toulouse, his bright blue gaze tinged with the true sadness he felt. He might have gained a family member, but today he learnt that he had also lost one "I didn't know you had left us, Toulouse" he said, glumly, feeling like he wanted to say more on the matter, but the words never really materialise. He had never truly understood Toulouse, never truly known him, but once they had been part of the same herd and he lamented that it was no longer true. "Yet, I wish you well in your new northern home" he sighed, conjuring up a friendly smile, he couldn't really say anything after all with all the herd hopping he had done in the past.

With that, he turned to Katissa and then westward "coming?" he signalled his head in the direction they were travelling before, proceeded by two eager foxes, he set off back to the misty clifftops.
and I never minded being on my own
then something broke in me and I wanted to go home

image credits

@Katissa (I'll throw a welcoming up in the Worlds Edge for you <3 but your rank is changed, so you are free to roam Helovia :D)

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Messages In This Thread
A Horse Has Five Hearts - by Katissa - 03-26-2017, 11:17 PM
RE: A Horse Has Five Hearts - by Sacre - 03-28-2017, 05:04 AM
RE: A Horse Has Five Hearts - by Toulouse - 03-28-2017, 05:24 AM
RE: A Horse Has Five Hearts - by Katissa - 03-28-2017, 05:24 PM
RE: A Horse Has Five Hearts - by Ampere - 03-31-2017, 08:58 AM
RE: A Horse Has Five Hearts - by Sacre - 03-31-2017, 07:33 PM
RE: A Horse Has Five Hearts - by Toulouse - 04-02-2017, 08:37 PM