the Rift

[PRIVATE] scene of the crime

Iona Posts: 100
World's Edge Specter atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 11 (birdsong) HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Iver :: Osprey :: None Kiki
iona

She stood there for a moment, letting all the memories of what had happened last time she’d been in this place come flooding back. She’d walked home that time too - accompanying the bodies of a fallen general and her companion.  From somewhere in her tangled mess of eternally-windswept mane, Iver offered a reassuring peep. Iona fought the urge to roll her eyes. 

The task seems a bit daunting, going in there alone, a lightly accented voice called from somewhere behind her, casing her dark ears to flick backwards but she didn’t turn yet.  Iver peeked his head out from the tangle of hair, curious about who this stranger was and instantly alert at the prospect of danger as his bonded’s wariness had put him on edge. 

“No Shit,” the Specter replied, with a huff, finally turning to meet the stranger.  He wasn’t what she expected, to say the least.  After all, it’s not everyday you run into someone who’s literally blue.  Any other day she’d probably make a joke as to whether or not he was feeling melancholy, but the mood didn’t strike her this particular moment.  You know, staring down the obelisk of death and all.  However, he seemed harmless enough and he bowed so he certainly earned points in Iona’s book in that regard. Who knew that the blunt pegasus had a thing for a man with manners?

“Sorry,” she offered with a somewhat sheepish smile. She was clearly excellent at first impressions. “This place isn’t my favorite but duty calls and all that,” she said, glancing from him back to the obelisk.  “Company would be nice, though. I’m Iona of the World’s Edge. So you know where to drag my body back, you know, just in case,” she said, flatly, though she finished her statement with a smile to let him know that she was joking. She had no plans of dying today.  She was too stubborn to die in a smelly marsh.  However, she was curious about this stranger and her emerald gaze drifted back to the blue stallion.

“Tell me, Sunjata, what is it you do in the Throat? What brought you to the marshes on your own?” She said with a curious look.  She had her own motivations for coming here, but what brought this stallion here on his own. “You don’t have a death wish, do you?” she added, with a wink. 

"The question isn't who's going to let me;
it's who's going to stop me."
image credits || quote: ayn rand

@Sunjata
SORRY SHE'S RIDICULOUS.

Please tag IONA in all posts.
Force and magic permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
image credit 

Messages In This Thread
scene of the crime - by Iona - 03-27-2017, 06:18 PM
RE: scene of the crime - by Sunjata - 03-28-2017, 12:09 AM
RE: scene of the crime - by Iona - 04-08-2017, 01:21 PM
RE: scene of the crime - by Sunjata - 04-08-2017, 11:53 PM