the Rift

[OPEN] cold doesn't bother us anyway

Wessex Posts: 149
Aurora Basin Haruspex atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 3 HP: 68 | Buff: NOVICE
Astor

I AM IRON AND I FORGE MYSELF

Tiamat’s touch always brings a smile to Wessex’s face. She returns the brush with a nudge of her own and waits for the rest of the Basin’s welcoming committee to arrive. It gives her time to study their visitors. Two look very similar, and she wonders if they’re siblings - they must be, or else some otherwise related. If her greeting comes off as suspicious or rude, it’s only becaue in comparison to Tiamat and Lena, Wessex is a freaking piece of granite who rarely lets her emotions surface. This event, which turns out to be diplomatic, is no different than what she once saw in her mother’s court, where she was firmly told that if she couldn’t control herself, she would be banished to her quarters with a Nanny.

Like hell she was going to be humiliated like that ever again. And thus, the stoic was born.

And then there’s Sacre, whom she in actuality knows very little about, but has a grand first impression of. In a rare moment of mirth, has to laugh at his private little joke. “We’ve got the Hot Springs. Come back in the Fall when they feel comfortable again and I won’t push you in too hard.” Sink or swim - that’s the way it always is with her.

Wessex then falls silent while the adults talk - or jest, as it seems - and it isn’t until they touch on an exchange of knowledge that Wessex speaks up. In lieu of Erebos, she is the ranking soldier there, and it is her duty to make sure their caste is also taken care of. Or so she thinks. “And your warriors? While fighting is all the same, I’m sure cross-sparring could be beneficial. I know I’m inexperienced against pegasi, but could probably teach someone a thing or two about avoiding horns… we’ve kept our healers busy for awhile now.” To say the least. Her skin bears a testament to the torture she’s submitted herself to these past few months.

It's odd, she concludes privately, that they didn't bring a soldier with them. She can't decide if it's a compliment or a very subtle jab.

W E S S E X

image credit
-- please tag in all posts! --
-- magic and force allowed, no death or permanent damage --

Messages In This Thread
cold doesn't bother us anyway - by Alysanne - 03-27-2017, 06:37 PM
RE: cold doesn't bother us anyway - by Iona - 03-27-2017, 08:41 PM
RE: cold doesn't bother us anyway - by Sacre - 03-28-2017, 05:46 AM
RE: cold doesn't bother us anyway - by Wessex - 03-28-2017, 07:11 AM
RE: cold doesn't bother us anyway - by Tiamat - 03-29-2017, 03:29 AM
RE: cold doesn't bother us anyway - by Rikyn - 03-29-2017, 09:00 AM
RE: cold doesn't bother us anyway - by Lena - 03-31-2017, 06:47 PM