the Rift

[PRIVATE] What's that smell?

Johnny Posts: 161
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 13 hh :: 10 years
Jellybean :: Common Griffin :: Molten Dagger Sarah

Yeah yeah, so maybe it was a bit of a dick move for me not to leave the Crafter’s cave but that place was my home. Every piece of fleece and unwoven animal hair was a part of me that I wasn’t about to give up. And besides, it was hard to move out of somewhere after you’ve basically slept so much in it that there’s a Johnny-shaped groove in the floor.

This was my cave and it’d take Deimos to drag my sugar-coated butt out of here.

And he’s still on vaca somewhere so I don’t think that’s going to happen at all.

The thing is, after a lifetime of smelling sugar and peppermint everywhere, my nose doesn’t exactly work the way it should. Everything smells pretty great to me but I’m pretty sure that means that I can’t smell anything. So I don’t fully realize just how bad this little cave of mine has gotten. The decaying wool combined with the smell of a stable that hasn’t been cleaned out in two years combined with the sickly-sweet smell that is my sweat in this god-awful season just makes for a treat apparently.

Jellybean has tried to tell me, I guess, but she’s such a little brat that I don’t believe half the words that come screeching through our bond anyway.

I was dozing underneath a blanket of dirty wool when someone’s voice echoed into my cave, beckoning me back into the land of the living. With a groan, I sit up and look towards the entrance but whoever-it-was was walking away! At first glance I’m all excited because it looks like it’s Aisling, my love, but then I realize this retreating somebody is much taller. So how rude! I’ve actually got to stand and figure this all out?!?

Well I do, of course, because I’m nothing if not accommodating and I trudge over to the entrance of the cave - a piece of dirty wool skewered on my horn and some clinging to my peppermint hair. I don’t notice either, however, because my green eyes spot the pale mare that had come.  “Of course someone’s in here! Silly goose. Where else would I be?”

image by emeraldthewoof

@Glasgow <3
[Image: Johnny%20by%20Aud_zpsi3ssx2s1.gif]
magic and physical force permitted at all times
vigorous licking strongly encouraged
please tag in all posts

Messages In This Thread
What's that smell? - by Glasgow - 03-29-2017, 10:29 PM
RE: What's that smell? - by Johnny - 04-02-2017, 05:45 PM
RE: What's that smell? - by Glasgow - 04-02-2017, 09:17 PM
RE: What's that smell? - by Johnny - 04-10-2017, 02:08 PM
RE: What's that smell? - by Rikyn - 04-13-2017, 08:30 AM