the Rift

First time for everything [Hunting, RE please]

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit

Success was felt, doubly so, and the little flicka could not help but allow her confidence, and ego, to be boosted. With a jubilant cry she pranced on the spot, wondering what she would try to grab next. With a short canter to the top of a dune, she took to the skies again, this time flying over the shallows of the receding ocean. Low tide allowed the shallow waters to be heated, even just minutely, compared to the deeper oceanic waters further away. Shadows of heat-seeking fish could be seen in these shallows, and Cirrus tried to remember what her father had laugh, laughingly, about a time when he and his brother had attempted to catch fish. "The trick is to aim for their shadows - but you have to make sure your own shadow does not scare them away!" The filly had wondered back then what relevance such information would ever be to her; now she knew.

A swoop of her flight scattered the fish, just as she thought it would, though it still caused her some dismay. A large, foot-long fish seemed to separate itself from the school, and she was careful to 'track' its movement. With hope, and perhaps a bit of luck, she threw her spear again, doing as her father said and aiming for its shadow, to try and catch a fishy meal for her canine friend.
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Messages In This Thread
    RE: First time for everything [Hunting, RE please] - by Cirrus - 10-31-2012, 07:43 AM