the Rift

[OPEN] everything heals

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
Concern for those above always at the forefront of her mind, Amaris did her best to manage the split of focuses that was the spirit-dragons constant hum of feedback versus the present moment, here, with the hybrid mare. She had years of practise, having been able to summon them since birth, but the surprise, the shock and the newness of being able to summon five at a time still rattled her, distracted her - you are here, cam Dramyrth's grounding tones, I have you. Life with him was better, it had been only a few months (for her) since the bond had been forged, but he was so a part of her being, her soul, she did not want to remember life before that pivotal moment. He offered a new level of intuition, a new perspective, an ability to call her back to the present, to ensure she did not get swept away when her magic or her wayward thoughts ran away from her.

The other mare offered a comment on her ability, impressive, and Amaris wasn't sure how to respond. Compliments weren't something she was used to receiving, though she did enjoy sharing her vast knowledge of dragons with others, this was a unique situation where she was still concerned about something else going on aboveground. "Since I was a child, I've been able to summon spirits of dragons. Their souls, their memories, their thoughts all exist when I call upon my magic - though I've never called more than two at a time before. And I feel like there's still something.. more.. within me." It was difficult to describe, this undercurrent of power that surged through her. She was tired, and aching besides, yet she was able to maintain the souls she had summoned at some distance with relative ease, when not long ago she had struggled to send two a short distance away.

"Magic," she said simply, shrugging her shoulders ( though it turned swiftly into a wincing grimace as her skin pulled tight against the burns which glowed and steamed across her hide ). "We did just send a cheetah made of fire back to their fiery depths of Helovia's Heart, perhaps this enhancement is just a side-effect," her voice was soft, the fatigue that was plaguing her slowly getting stronger. Let go, Dramyrth's insistent tug to her mind came, and she relinquished the magic keeping the souls present on this plane - if any were looking at them aboveground, they would have witnessed the spirits simply winking out of existence.

The moment it happened, her energy levels rose. Taking a deeper breath, she nodded along to the other mare's words, before dipping her nose back into the water's surface and taking another small drink, relishing the cleansing sensation the water had as it trickled down her oesophagus. With her mind less split, the dragonmare was able to focus more on the painted hybrid lady before her - as well as the bird who accompanied her. "I'm Amaris, and this is Dramyrth -" ( the dragon cooed softly from his perch atop her withers ) "- who might you and your friend be?"

@Weaver
Amaris
drákos istoría
Dagwanoenyent Stock | whimzi
on deviantart
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
everything heals - by Amaris - 04-01-2017, 07:43 PM
RE: everything heals - by Weaver - 04-03-2017, 09:47 AM
RE: everything heals - by Amaris - 04-05-2017, 06:29 AM
RE: everything heals - by Weaver - 04-07-2017, 08:56 AM
RE: everything heals - by Amaris - 04-08-2017, 03:14 AM
RE: everything heals - by Weaver - 04-09-2017, 11:18 AM
RE: everything heals - by Amaris - 04-12-2017, 06:27 AM
RE: everything heals - by Weaver - 04-12-2017, 07:06 PM
RE: everything heals - by Amaris - 04-12-2017, 11:12 PM
RE: everything heals - by Weaver - 04-18-2017, 07:40 PM
RE: everything heals - by Amaris - 04-22-2017, 10:28 PM