the Rift

[OPEN] everything heals

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
Must you? Amaris enquired dryly at her companion as yet more cacophony of noise erupted from his maw. The cavern echoed the sounds, rebounding them back and forth; to a bystander outside the cave, the chaotic ambience could have convinced them that a great murder of ravens was within (even if one of them did sound rather strangled and otherwise dragonly). Yes, Dramyrth said, having recovered his sense of curious humour that had dissipated from the dragonmare's prior predicament. Like Weaver, Amaris merely huffed a laugh and mentally rolled her eyes at him, smiling companionably at the pegasus mare as their companions carried on in their fun. The dragonmare wondered if Dramyrth would have given Raven the same amount of attention if another dragon had been present, but the little king was decidedly silent on the matter - Amaris knew that had Vadir, the golden queen of Volterra's, been present, his attention would not have had time for anyone else.

Amaris reflected on the words Weaver told her, on the story about her past she constructed, wondering (as she often did) at the differences and yet similarities between them. Had Weaver been a unicorn before she was 'given' her wings? Was that customary in her homeland? Or was she a hybrid whose body did not reflect the defining twin-species attributes until such a 'gift' was bestowed? Scaled ears captured her remaining words, smiling as she described the size and overbearing nature of her family. Amaris' experience had involved a mother who was also a Queen, a sister who was her twin in all except the hue of her scales, a father who was a strong, silent bronzed warrior, and her mother's golden dragon, Akaith, who kept watch on her when Mirage could not (which was quite often, as Queen's generally were kept rather busy). The dragonmare's chiselled tiara nodded, her expression conveying her understanding - she certainly understood that which Weaver was communicating, probably more than most would.

"Yes, I know," she said softly, not sure how much information she should divulge - no doubt if the hybrid wanted to find out more about the DragonHeart, she would ask around and be told many a tale from many different perspectives. "My mother was known as many things: a leader, a Queen, a tyrant, a blessed disciple of the Moon Goddess, a cursed destroyer of homes, an invader, a friend whose loyalty never wavered, a sister," Amaris spat the titles out in a monotone, not agreeing or disagreeing with any of them. "I've heard others call her ruthless, conniving, deceitful and cold-blooded," she added in the same tone. Her eyes had wandered, her golden gaze beholding the carvings upon the great wall they stood beside. A few moments passed, and she turned her sights (which, as time passed, seemed to grow sharper in focus and scrutiny, though they looked at Weaver with a silent plea for understanding) before saying: "So, yes. I do know what it is to live in the shadow of another whose actions shaped and changed the world."

The raven cawing competition seemed to have rolled into silence as Amaris had spoken, and they stood now in a silence that seemed to contain lingering echoes of their conversation. A few more breaths of time passed, before the dragonmare softened her expression, as she chewed on all that had been said and done here. A sting from her wounds brought her back to the present, and she motioned to the cave entrance. "I think I might head back, and check on those aboveground. Wouldn't want another fire cheetah to arrive again and wreak more havoc," she spoke with a wink, a friendly smirk upon her lips as she gestured an invite for the hybrid to join her. She didn't move very quickly, but with a slight limping gait as various burns pulled and pinched at her skin. "I'm glad you're alright," honest tones murmured, "whereabouts do you live now?"

@Weaver
Between Helovia being down and life, I -finally- got a chance to reply <3
Amaris
drákos istoría
Dagwanoenyent Stock | whimzi
on deviantart
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
everything heals - by Amaris - 04-01-2017, 07:43 PM
RE: everything heals - by Weaver - 04-03-2017, 09:47 AM
RE: everything heals - by Amaris - 04-05-2017, 06:29 AM
RE: everything heals - by Weaver - 04-07-2017, 08:56 AM
RE: everything heals - by Amaris - 04-08-2017, 03:14 AM
RE: everything heals - by Weaver - 04-09-2017, 11:18 AM
RE: everything heals - by Amaris - 04-12-2017, 06:27 AM
RE: everything heals - by Weaver - 04-12-2017, 07:06 PM
RE: everything heals - by Amaris - 04-12-2017, 11:12 PM
RE: everything heals - by Weaver - 04-18-2017, 07:40 PM
RE: everything heals - by Amaris - 04-22-2017, 10:28 PM