the Rift

Speak Quickly, My Dear || Tillas

Abyss Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Abyss
"I must confess that I feel like a monster"

Large, black, looming, a shadow in the forest, Abyss trotted along a path through the trees. His mind was a jumble of thoughts, the mares he had encountered all blending together, their words, his responses to them, the way they had all made him feel. Tainted...ah Tainted. She had been hurt, so badly. But would make her stronger, he was certain. She had a bitterness that could only be attributed to him, but she would raise his foal strong, probably to hate him, but strong nonetheless.

And the other mare...the unicorn. Her name was a blank space on the canvas of mares, but she was gorgeous. Had she been less tempered he would have been tempted to seek her out again, to seduce her again, and flirt with the danger that she possessed. She had sought him out to kill him, blaming him for the child growing in her womb. He smirked, she had been looking for flirtations when she encountered him, looking for love. He had fooled her, but in some deep part of his mind, he was captivated yet by the fiery unicorn mare, just as some part of him still held an interest in Tainted. Perhaps it was just that he could not have only one mare...

And Selene...ah Selene. He had let that beauty slip through his fingers. Someday he would encounter her again and that would change. She had given him much to think on. His age was growing with each day. Truthfully, it was a wonder the vicious stallion had managed to reach the age he had, for few could accomplish such a feat. Perhaps he would be reunited with his family someday...and would they hold him accountable for his sins? For their deaths...the stallion shuddered. He feared death. Even in his boldest moments, when a horn was directed at his chest he feared death.

Now he searched for the unicorn, to speak with her as he should...to let her know that the child was his as well, and he would not be letting her raise it away form him, raise it to hate him. No, never.

"Abyss speaks"

Tillas Posts: N/A
Unregistered

would you could you if really could? or would maybe could you fly away?

After she had crashed into Abyss' little party, she had left quickly without response, not wishing to see his dark face which was a blight on the world. Any world. A galaxy even. She had traversed the Threshold's uneven ground to the deeper, heavy-faced dark forest, where she had remained, hardly moving more than a hundred meters a day, not wishing to endanger the little foal more than she had already had.

In any case, when Abyss' scent permeated the air, the white femme debated on visiting him. In the end, instinct took over and she approached cautiously, avoiding detection. When, at a long last, she stood in the shadows of the forests before his dark shape, she spoke. "Give me a gift. Tell me your name."

""

Abyss Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Abyss
"I must confess that I feel like a monster"

So he had found her so quickly. The child within her growing. Had their encounter been so long ago. The taste of it was still on his tongue, the feeling of the mare not yet forgotten. She was unforgettable...and beautiful, magical really. He had been entranced by the mare, and that had not worn off yet. But she had frightened away Tainted, and that wasn't so kind of her, before she had left herself. The mare who had threatened him stood now, swelled with child. Had she been taking care of it?

"Abyss," the stallion returned, his deep voice breaking the silence of the forest, "Appropriate, wouldn't you say? And what of yours my dear, you never shared." He glanced again at her stomach, at the child that it held. He would be a father again...of a sort. The child. A replacement. A new family, only without a love at his side. He did not need a new mate. For his dead one was enough. He could never replace her.

"Abyss speaks"

Tillas Posts: N/A
Unregistered

would you could you if really could? or would maybe could you fly away?

A minute trickled by. I stood, silent, not uttering a word. I was hardly was thinking- no, I was simply standing. The snow was falling, delicate white drifting to the ground. Fragile beauties, like the colt or filly inside me. A foal borne of me and Abyss. Its life would be hard, so hard, in this bitter and gorgeous world. Was I really mad at Abyss? Of course, I was angry., but I couldn't feel rage right now in this tranquil forest. I never had the preset of 'sad', although I felt pity for my poor child, whose parents were crazy in their own respects. Another minute passed by.

The white mare emerged from the shadows, hide glittering, horn sparkling brightly. Underneath her, the snow whispered as it was crushed under silver cloven hooves. "Abyss. My name is Tillas." Strange, it is, to be sharing names after courting. "You will not be seeing my foal." My voice does not hold any threat, just calm authority and strength. It is not filled with rage, it is filled with power from my very core.

""