the Rift

[PRIVATE] who even knows the truth;

Safiri Posts: 18
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Unicorn :: 14hh :: 6 months
Haki :: African Wild Dog :: Paralyze dark
safiri

Safiri soon realizes that she is perhaps better off remaining at her mother's side, regretting her previous decision to wander off into the endless mists - her feeble heart could not handle such a huge step, such a far distance with no easing into it. She had leaped from venturing barely a foot away from the cave she and her mother dwell in to several yards away, barely able to catch glimpses of the looming mouth through the trees and mists. It had been too much exertion, crumbling against a tree and trapping herself there as her body yearned for rest she did not want to give it when the excitement coursed poorly through her veins. She barely made it back to the cave with what little energy she had left, running on will power alone, stitched together with duct tape and fear as she hobbled her way back to the cave.

Days later and she has returned to her seat deep within the damp cave, nestled beside her mother. The lamb goes back to loving the worlds built inside her head, the inward fantasies where there were no restrictions on how far she could go - she could travel miles and miles and never feel lightheaded or feel fatigued at all, she could just run and run. Reality was far crueler than those beautiful worlds in her mind, restraining her to a dark gaping cavern inside of her own home, chaining her to rough stone and etching a permanent fate into the cool slate beneath her feet. She had never been bothered by the confinement before, but as her curiosity grew, her need to know about the world - so did her discontentment within the cave.

Safiri still wants to know, young mind still yearning for adventures she could not take, itching for exploration her small heart could not handle. So she looks for satisfaction in other ways, looking up at her silent dam with an open mouth, question heavy in her throat, syllables sticky as they pass her lips. "Mama? Can - can you tell me a story?" Spring green eyes search the black marked features of her mother, praying the lamb would get an answer. Her mother loved her, she cared and doted - there was love and devotion bundled up inside of the woman beside her that Safiri's newly formed consciousness could not begin to comprehend. Her mother remained with her day in and day out, through dark and frightening nights when the poor princess panted fearfully from howling winds and thunderous storms; her mother was always there to calm her worried mind, putting the babe at ease with soft, reassuring touches and gentle coos into black tipped ears. Safiri belonged there at her mother's side, where she was safe, warm, and never a stranger to maternal affection.

a wind in the shadow, a whale song in the deep

coding: © x

permission from sky to say rex is already with firi

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
The ex-Thief hadn’t even noticed the child’s escape a few days prior. If she had, she would have been able to help her daughter go out and see the world. “Baby steps.” She would have told her. A little at a time went a long way. And with Tallsun in full bloom, there was nothing wrong with camping under the stars. It was warm, and bright out for so long. And even though the smell of sea salt blew in on the breeze, she didn’t know if the filly had managed to make it to the cliffside to even see the ocean and its wonders below.

Despite all this, the gilded mare relished in being needed. Kiada and Kianzo had been so independent, only relying on themselves when it came to struggles and how to overcome them. Safiri was different, and reminded her of Rein even more so. He was more than willing to stay in the cave with her in the Basin, listening as she told him stories of her past and how she came to Helovia, and what kind of wonders the world outside their home had to offer.

Quietly, the mare had been tidying up with the help of Marembo as he scurried along the stone floor, adorned with soft beds of leaves and feathers that had been found along the ground. Marembo had done a wonderful job, keeping Rexanna’s mental state together. If it weren’t for him, she couldn’t even imagine what this experience would have been like. Yet, as they cleaned, and a small sound piped up from her beautiful daughter, Rexanna turned her pale head to the princess. “Yes dear? Oh.” She admitted with a small chime of a laugh.

Of course!” She began, turning her body to Safiri, lowering herself to the ground beside the pale child. This left room for her babe to lean against her if she so wished. Then, she turned her head back to her daughter with a gentle smile as Marembo scampered up to climb up onto Rexanna’s withers. “What kind of story do you want to hear? I can tell you about what my home was like before I came to Helovia? Or I can tell you about the different lands in Helovia? Or something else? You can pick.” She questioned quietly, allowing the child to pick, to allow her at least some freedom with her choices.

"Talk."
you’re on your own in a world you’ve grown
few more years to go—
don’t let the hurdle fall.
Rexanna
image | coding

@Safiri <3
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

World's Edge Filly
safiri

Spring green eyes track the calculated movements of her gold freckled mother, admiring the way she works to clear up their little cave; she works at a casual pace, focused on the task at hand as she tidies their dark, cool stone den. Safiri rests on the soft bedding laid out over the floor, tucked away in a cozy corner that left her pleasantly comfortable and feeling safe - she spent hours and hours in her corner, daydreaming of far away places her petite onyx hooves would never reach, thinking of all the goings-on of the world outside of this space her mother and her share. She spends countless hours of her day sleeping there, always waking up feeling just as tired as she had before she had fallen asleep.  

It was debilitating, the constant fatigue that hung over the princess like a grey cloud, raining down on her and leaving her exhausted no matter how much time she spent sleeping. She could not outrun the effects of her small heart, always left dizzy and breathless if she even considered walking more than a few steps outside of the cave; she didn't even have the energy to push herself that far, to near the cave entrance and peer out into the mists to satisfy her curiosity. She sought satisfaction in other ways, but her mind could only conjure up so many wild fantasies before she just kept imagining the same one over and over.

Her mother easily agrees to tell her a story, offering up a selection that Safiri wasn't prepared for. She has to weigh her choices quietly as her mother lays down beside her; the princess carefully thinks over each option, determining what it is that will sate her curious young mind. "Tell me about your home before Helovia. What was it like there? What was everyone there like?" Glittering green peers hopefully as she rests her crowned head against her dam's side and keeps her ears perked up in anticipation for the story.

@Rexanna

Rexanna knew that it had to be hard for the child. That if wanderlust ran through her own veins, that it must have been incredibly difficult for the young girl. Especially considering the fact that she couldn’t leave to explore the world. It wasn’t like Rexanna didn’t want her to stay here, she just wanted to be sure Safiri would be safe in doing so. She planned on going to one of the crafters, seeing if there was some sort of way they could make a sled for the child, a way that Rexanna could bring the girl out into the world, to see the sunrise and the sunset in various places in Helovia. To take her to the Basin and show her what the Aurora looked like in the middle of night. To show her just what the world had to offer the small girl.

But the thought simmered beneath her mind as she waited for Safiri’s decision, her words soft and gentle as they reached the gilded woman’s ears. The story she chose was one Rexanna loved to tell, though so often she left out the darker histories of the land. It was still beautiful, a different place, a world away, yet still it carried pieces of home for her. Safiri’s green gaze glimmered to her as she pressed herself into Rexanna’s own pale body, a small smile growing on her lips.

Beautiful choice, my love.” She noted, before clearing her head and glancing over to Marembo who had moved over to the duo, aiming to cuddle up against Safiri’s dark legs with a small squeak and a smile, his fuzzy small body writhing almost snakelike as he awaited the story as well.

The place I was born in was called Halyven. It was a beautiful place, so unlike the Edge that we live in now. It was secluded in the mountains, with brilliant ivory buildings and rooms for everything you could think of. The views were gorgeous from being so high up, you could see the fields below, the rivers that came from the mountain tops, and the sunsets.” She began, glancing down to Safiri to see how she was enjoying the story. “It was a place full of unicorns like you and I. We didn’t have many other species we came in contact with, though we had normal equines that did a lot of our work. There were absolutely no pegasi that roamed the lands.” Her head tilted thoughtfully.

But we were often at war. I was raised by two equines, though they weren’t my parents. My mother was the Queen of Halyven. Though she got very sick and passed away just after I was born. So I was raised by the King’s own workers, to ensure my safety.” She lied about her mother, but the child didn’t need to learn the circumstances of Rexanna’s mother’s death. She smiled to the child nonchalantly, before inhaling deeply to continue. “But my home was often at war with the Pegasi of the next land. That land was called Aciend, and it was very much like it is here. Trees were everywhere, though it was dotted with moats and little rivers and lakes. They wanted some of our resources, but the King was stubborn in my home. Everyone in Halyven knew we couldn’t handle the idea of a war with winged species.” She noted. “We didn’t have magic back home, either. At least, not in Halyven. Nobody there was gifted in any form other than the horns they bore along their brows.” Then, she let her sapphire gaze linger on the beautiful face of Safiri with a smile. “Do you have any questions before I continue?” She asked quietly, reaching her pale muzzle out in an attempt to brush it against the filly’s forelock.

"Talk."
few more years to go—
Rexanna
image | coding

@Safiri <3

World's Edge Filly
safiri

Safiri watches quietly as her mother's companion settles in with them, wriggling his lengthy body as he makes himself comfortable against her black marked legs, green eyes watching the polecat curiously. Marembo was not unfamiliar to her, but she could never quite form an opinion on the creature, unable to decide whether she enjoyed the little animal or felt indifferent; he was something she couldn't place a finger on, the way she couldn't place a finger on her feelings towards her busy father either. Tembovu certainly cared and loved her, but she could not figure out how she felt, petite heart yearning to remember the last time she had spent more than a fleeting moment with him. It seems that he never had enough time to love her, to give the paternal affection she so readily craved, greedy and eager to get attention from the Elephant King. At some point, she may request her mother seeks out the King so she can spend more than just a moment with him; maybe he can teach her some words from his home, as her young mind has yet to take in more than just the simple things.

Her mother's story begins, telling tales of towering ivory buildings where the whole world could be seen from the top, enticing the princess as she weaves a wonderful image of the world she once lived in. Safiri is thrilled to listen, ears perked and weight pushed forward as she takes in all that she can, a dry sponge finally soaking up droplets of blessed water. She speaks of war, of a divide between species, of impossibilities and unicorns without magic, leaving the lamb in absolute awe. There were a million questions, but none would come out quite yet, glittering green still focused on her mother's face as she swallows thickly and finally offers something.

"You had buildings? Were they really so big that you could see above mountains and down upon rivers and sunsets? Are there buildings like that here? Why did you make equines do your work? Did they want to help? Or did they do something bad, so you were punishing them? Why were you fighting against the pegasi? What had you done, or what did they do, to wage war? And why was there no magic? Is there magic here? Do I have magic?" They're flooding out of her, pink splashed lips letting loose a flurry as her mind whirls to understand, curious to know. And the war? It confuses her the most, for why must they fight? Safiri has never seen a pegasus, nor an equine, but she imagines they're all very similar, and that there is no reason to discriminate. But children to not understand the affairs of adults, do not understand the complexity carried in relationships between adults, and the matters that they tend to. It escapes her mind, and she's left with a head full of a million questions, hoping her mother could answer at least one of the hundreds.  

@Rexanna

The woman’s glimmering blue eyes watched Safiri’s face briefly as she paused in her story, waiting quietly for the questions to appear. And when they did, they came in a rapid-fire succession. One question after another, as if she would forget if she waited too long between questions. A small breathless chuckle escaped Rexanna as she waited for the flood-gate of questions to finish before continuing on, just to be sure she didn’t miss a vital one the child may have asked. Rexanna settled gently into her daughter as Marembo did the same, smiling quietly as she figured out the best way to answer the confusion.

We did have buildings, yes. They were built high into the mountains. We could see almost everything, like how you can here when you step outside the cave and see the water below the cliffs. You could see the water and more.” She paused, reminiscing, looking out of the mouth of the cave with a ginger smile creeping on her pale muzzle. “There is one building here, yes. It’s the Ancient Rotunda, a place I’ll take you to visit. It has multi-colored glass, and it creates the most beautiful scenery when it’s nice outside.” She murmured quietly before looking back down to Safiri.

The equines back home had done nothing wrong, my sweet child. The kingdom I grew up in didn’t like the fact they were different. They felt as though since we had horns we were better than them… That mindset isn’t correct, however. I want you to know that everyone should be treated equally, despite what they look like.” She noted, a serious tone growing on her voice before she continued to speak about the Pegasi. “It was a similar thing back home with the Pegasi. We had certain trade routes which made it easy for us to get things we needed from other lands, and our King didn’t want to share with the Pegasi. And so, we fought with them over it.

When the magic question began to erupt, Rexanna grinned lightly to Safiri, looking back down to her daughter. “I’m not sure why there wasn’t magic in my land, but the pegasi had it. There is magic here; and you just might have it!” She offered a gleaming smile. “Both your father and I have magic. Your siblings do too, so I’m sure you have some hiding in there.” She mentioned, reaching her muzzle down and aiming to press it softly into the pale fur that lined her daughter’s chest. “If you reach far into yourself, can you feel anything different? An urge you never noticed before? If you do, just release it, and see what happens.” She smiled softly, uncertain if the child did have magic, and if she did, if it was offensive or not.

"Talk."
few more years to go—
Rexanna
image | coding

@Safiri

World's Edge Filly
safiri

A whole new world is painted before her, filled with giant ivory buildings that obstruct the skyline, titans of glittering white filled with a mass of golden unicorns just like her mother; the structures tower over fields of equines, pulling carts of stone and crop and working tirelessly beneath a looming sun, resting beneath the shade of wooden structures while the unicorns look on. And beyond that, twisted paths winding up mountains and through forests, over streams and into the territories of the pegasi with their massive feathered wings, swooping down from soft white clouds and gliding over the ground with ease.

Safiri adores the idea of something like that, but still lets her mind linger on the mistreatment of the equines, how had they ended up there beneath the unicorns? She wants to ask her mother what decided that the equines would be the ones picked on, but instead lets the question remain on the tip of her tongue, never quite rolling off of it. She takes each answer into consideration, letting her curious mind linger over each one as it comes to her, looking up at her mother when she offers an adventure to a building within Helovia. "When can we go see it? It sounds very pretty!" There is excitement woven in her words, anticipation at the idea of leaving the cave - leaving the Edge - and going so much farther than she ever had, green alight with adventure at the idea.

Her mother talks of magic, confirming that although there was no magic where she's from, there is magic here within Helovia. "What is your magic?". This excites Safiri, listening on as her mother explains that magic is in her veins, running through her even if it had not made itself known quite yet; she is ecstatic, black tipped ears swinging forward, green eyes reaching out to her mother as she guides Safiri through the process of discovery. Where is her magic?

The lamb reaches, ivory lids falling closed as she searches within herself, looking for a feeling, something that will tell her whether she too has magic, or does not. The feeling of her mother's nose pressed gently against her chest momentarily distracts her, the search pushed aside to lean into the soft and calming touch left by her dam; Safiri feels it then, a gentle tug pulling at the petite strings of her heart, brewing in her gut, coursing through her - it's reaching out, looking for something of its own, clawing at the space outside of her body, desperate fingers twitching over the ground as it looks for something. Without it, it's just emptiness, a record player with no records, but what is it that her magic needs? "I feel it, mama! But it wants something... it's looking for something to grab onto?" It skims over the cold stone beneath them, the variety of materials layered in the corner that make up their bedding, the flesh, blood and bone within her and her mother, the golden chains that her mother dons; none of it sparks interest, because it continues looking, but can't find it. Safiri pushes it, pushes and pushes, but eventually gives up when nothing connects, when there is no immediate response, no blooming of activity as it hits what it's looking for. "It wants to make something? I can feel it, but I don't know what it wants?" The princess sighs softly, disappointed in her inability to fully draw out her magic, to show that she does have it, just like her brothers and sisters, just like her mother and father; what does it need?

@Rexanna

When can we go see it? It sounds very pretty!” Another gentle smile graced Rexanna’s lips at her daughter’s excitement. “Soon, darling.” She mentioned quietly, wondering if perhaps there was a chance that there was a way to be able to cart or drag the child around so she could see the world, strengthen her legs, give her yet another reason to try and push on and overcome the obstacle she’s been suffering from.

What is your magic?” She smiled at this, knowing that it would be a terrible idea to shoot off a firework in the cave. It would be for a later time, perhaps during the night when she could take the pale princess out to the mouth of the cave, spark it across the cliffside edge and watch the particles fall to the ocean below. It sounded beautiful, and something that she was sure Safiri would enjoy. “I’ll show you when it gets dark, we can go outside the cave and I’ll show you what mine is.” She lowered her head to the filly, aiming to graze her lips along the child’s forelock should she allow it.

Then, as her eyes closed and she began to reach for something – anything – that might be magic, Rexanna’s ears perked forward, strained, curious to see what the girl might come up with. Her eyes once watchful began to grow concerned, hoping that she wasn’t going to hurt herself if she tried straining herself any. When finally, Safiri gives in, allowing it to pull through her, Rexanna’s brows furrow slightly. “Hmm.” She murmured, looking around the cave for something that might peak interest. As Safiri says it wants to make something, that she can feel it, curiosity entirely encompassing the ex-thief.

Quickly, as if Marembo caught on, he bolted out of the cave in search for materials that weren’t located in the cave. He found a couple of oak tree sticks, some grasses, various rocks, an antler, and an ivory tooth from the place he happened to cross the antler. When the polecat returned he placed all the things in front of the child, his fuzzy head tilting curiously with a peep of encouragement. “Do any of these work?” She questioned with a tilt of her head. “Good job Remy.” She added through the bond, smiling softly upon the polecat.

"Talk."
few more years to go—
Rexanna
image | coding

@Safiri sorry for the wait <3

World's Edge Filly
safiri

The princess is silent when her mother offers her a reply, soon. Soon, she says, as if it is at all possible for the fair filly to make the journey; she is too weak, she can barely make it more than a few steps from their cave without losing her breath, much less reach the border of her her own home. The reality of the situation is settling slowly, grazing her delicately, first at the knees, the eyes— it creeps up the length of her legs until it's holding her delicate heart in its palms, itching to crush it, squash the tiny lump that thrums against her breast. "Mama, will I ever be able to go anywhere? Will this cave be all I know?" Her eyes are not beaming as they had been moments ago during her mother's inspiring description of her homeland, but dulled, distant; emerald green is brimming with sorrow, salty tears stinging her eyes and blurring her vision as she looks to the gilded mare beside her and frets.

Safiri had never wanted to be stuck here, within the cold stone of their cave, her home, but here she remains, day in and day out. There was nothing more for her to do, she could not leave and shed her health faults, pretend that she is not struck down by fatigue every moment she spends actively walking about, always craving a nap or simply just to lay down, body aching and weary despite only moving minimally. "I don't want to stay here, mama. I don't want to be stuck in here for the rest of my life," her voice is cracking, shattering as she stutters through her sentences, taking in a gulp of air that doesn't quite satisfy her. The princess feels helpless, a space that could be used for better things than her tired, pitiful existence. She was a liability, a weak point to her parents, she could not go out into the world and take care of herself the way her brothers and sisters can; she has to continue to rely on her parents, on others, dependent on them to help her when she expends too much energy and is left defenseless, slumped against a tree. She feels too weak, feels that she'll never get as far in life as her brethren, that she will always be the baby.

The lamb is stranded in her cave, in her whole world, listening to her mother promise to show the magic she has. Safiri's ears pique with interest, but she cannot find it in her to show as much curiosity as she had minutes ago, mood dampened by the thought of being trapped in her own little bubble for the rest of her life. She thinks that maybe it will be a short one, with her heart being so small, who knows what she's susceptible to with a heart as weak as hers - she almost hopes that life will be a brief inhale, a quick moment to admire the small, damp cave crowded with her family, the swirling mist of the Edge, the end. It would be better for them, not to have to worry about a child so vulnerable, a child to always worry about.

With the use of her magic, Safiri's blue mood cools and grays, she finds herself still stuck somewhere between disheartened and interested in what her magic wants, but cannot decide. The princess thinks that her magic wants something she will have to search too far for, have to reach out too much for, she will tire herself just looking. But she is proved wrong, as Marembo returns to their dimming cave with articles in tow, her mother approving of her companion's actions as the items are laid out before the child. She takes each one into consideration, the tangled branch of oak, the threads of grass that lie in a clump beside a pile of rocks. There is a small antler that catches her eye, only for the way it appears to branch out of one point, one root from the skull and out, like a tree, she thinks as she looks it over - but her magic does not want it. What it does want, however, is the item beside it. An ivory tooth sits there, beckoning the attention of her magic, capturing it between delicate, invisible hands.

Safiri feels out each step, the tooth becoming a malleable form between her grasp, mind wrapped around the winding path the magic wants her to take. She follows, each step laid out right before she takes it, going over the process slowly, as though she is blind, finding her way home through touch alone. She feels the rough surface of the ivory tooth, shaping it to her will, forming it to the shape of an animal she cannot name. She feels each mark, each notch in the ivory is her doing, the ivory is not solid in her eyes, but soft, like clay. It bends to her will, creating something that she can feel, she knows it is sentient from the way her magic fades, the way it looks to her like it's expecting her to say something. She opens her mouth, hesitating before she offers her words to the small, quadrupedal golem before her. "Auni," she dubs it, looking at the petite figure with it's sturdy horns carved with intricate patterns, a thick body that's held in a resting stance, as though hibernating. "Nifuate." The golem stiffens, she can almost hear the moment it begins to understand its purpose, shuddering to life and entering Safiri's space, lingering at her side while she looks to her mother, brimming with pride at her own work. "I did it!"

@Rexanna finally replying, ahh sorryyyy

The gilded mare’s heart churned as her daughter asked if she’d be able to go anywhere. Her ears lowered in a way that suggested she was sure she would be able to, but had no idea when. Despite the sorrow she felt in her chest at the question, she offered the girl a bright smile. “Of course, sweetheart. You’ll learn of all the different places this land has to offer you.” She announced, despite the next set of words from the child’s lips.

You won’t be, Safiri. The little adventures you take outside of the cave, though they are hard, they’re strengthening you. The more you do it, the more you get used to it, the further you can go. We just need practice, is all.” She soothed the child, aiming to press her lips gently into the space between the budding horn of the ivory princess and where her ears began. Practice made perfect, right? And the more they went and the more Safiri got used to it, perhaps the easier it would be to have her heart get used to the shifts and rhythms of her adventures.

The saddening turn of events begins to turn around, however, as Marembo returns with the items he’d found. An ivory elk tooth stood out from the bundle, as it began to move and shift, and Rexanna found her eyes glued to it – mesmerized even by the small creature as it warped to whatever Safiri chose. Happiness and excitement billowed in her chest, shadowing the sadness that had loomed there before, and when the child was done, it even turned to look upon her. The native tongue of her children expels from Safiri’s lips, was she giving it directions?

Rexanna felt her mouth drop slightly as she gazed upon it while her daughter looked up with beaming pride. “Oh my goodness.” She paused, before a grin took over her lips, her ears perked and watchful of the ivory golem now beside them. Marembo was intrigued as he scurried over to it, aiming to reach a paw out to touch it. “That’s amazing, Safiri. You have a beautiful magic.” She announced, smiling to the child. Perhaps this would change things, if she could create a type of golem that would protect her in times of need. Perhaps she could go and venture out without fear so long as she had a protector.

Quickly glancing outside, she noticed as darkness crept over the land, and smiling to her daughter she aimed to nudge her soft shoulder gently. “Do you and your friend want to come see my magic now?” She questioned the child with a grin.

"Talk."
few more years to go—
Rexanna
image | coding

@Safiri <333  no worries :D

World's Edge Filly
safiri

The child's brows furrow, green deepens with worry, sorting through the possibilities - the chances - of her ever exploring the whole of Helovia on her own, without depending on her mother or father for help and guidance. She cannot see it, cannot reach for that dream, finding it just beyond the entrance of her cave, too far away for her to get to it - it's just a dream, and will only ever be one. It taunts her at the mouth, just beyond her grasp with its glittering appeal and all she was turning up with was frustration. This will not be the last time she feels this way.  

Safiri does not have the courage or the confidence to risk it, to take the leap outside and find her place in the world, to pick up the pace and make it, she cannot run far or walk far at all - her daydreams full of adventure and grand feats are always going to be just that, dreams. She wants to scrunch up her features and spit the sour taste out of her mouth as she thinks about only ever being in her cave, every time she gets excited or scared she's suddenly winded and tired, weakened by her failing heart. When will she be able to be as independent as her brother and sister? When can she do her own things, be her own person and forget all about depending on her parents? Forget about depending on anyone, not a healer, not a friend, just herself.

And her mother gives promise of strength, of getting better, of my weak heart no longer becoming an obstacle for me - but she can almost taste the wrong in her words, that although she may go as far as she can, continuing to stretch the distance, Safiri will always be inhibited by her weaknesses. Whether it is she herself who holds her back, the mental restraints tying her down to familiarity in the face of unfamiliar territory, or the heart that cannot handle her. Whatever it is, she knows she will not get as far as mother wishes her to, and it hurts to know it.

Even with her mother's soothing kiss planted on her forehead, the princess is withdrawing into herself and feeling the oncoming panic - it's quiet at first, just a whisper that echoes off the walls of their cave until it's getting louder, louder now as she finally pays it mind, and it ruptures into a roar, explosive and frightening, Safiri does not know what to do with it. She's bundling it up, shoving it under the rug, burying it with the rest of her concerns until she thinks it's fine, until she can fool herself into thinking that everything is fine, that her life will be perfect. She knows it won't, but it doesn't hurt to pretend, does it?

And Safiri feels silenced, hushed by her sudden distance, even with her magic reaching, writhing under her control - even as it begins to mold the elk tooth into something marvelous, she is falling to pieces, scattered across the floor of the cave with her petite heart yearning for total peace, for her to stop entirely and lay still, to give in. She makes something beautiful, something that should have taken her breath away, and she displays her astonishment, her pride, but if one looks closely they'll see the hollowness in her baby green eyes - she's slipping farther and farther away.

She gives her mother a smile, wide and faux as she passes herself off for a proud presenter of her new craft, with the way it listens to her command and suddenly she is a little less alone - Auni, help. Safiri doesn't know if this is what she will need to make it through life, but she knows that she has something now, her light in the dark as she lets her gaze linger on it while her mother speaks. "I want to make more - to get better." Because it is not as good as it could be, even to the distant eye Auni is not as beautiful as it could have been, and the princess vows there to make something amazing. She just needed the material, for she had the time.

"I would like that," Safiri looks down at Auni as she stands from her resting position beside her mother, patiently working her way towards the mouth of the cave before turning to make sure her mother was following, feeling excitement twist her gut but her raging sadness crushes it and it gets no farther. So she stands and waits, her golem standing at her side with a patience that reflected her own, blank stare focused on the rock wall in front of it while they waited.

@Rexanna