the Rift

I'll Find You || Tainted

Abyss Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Abyss
"I must confess that I feel like a monster"

The stallion was searching. The mare he had last seen in the Threshold having ran off without having a decent conversation with him. He supposed he ought to offer her some assistance having gotten her pregnant and such. She seemed proud, perhaps she would reject it. No, it was incredibly likely that she would reject it indeed. The mare hated him. She would want him out of her life. Well, that was too bad. For the stallion...he had a stake in the child that he had created. And he would not let that child go so easily.

Now, she had mentioned finding a cave to curl up in...a cold one. The Frozen Arch was the only place he could think of to find her. She couldn't have chosen a worse place to be. The ice and the snow, it all made the stallion extremely annoyed. He was liable to be in a bad mood when he reached the mare who was currently hiding from him. He was tempted to call out for Tainted, but it would probably send icicles cascading down on his head and he had no desire to be impaled by one of those.

Why did mares always have to behave so irrationally. He wouldn't respond so terribly to finding out a mare had a lover that was not him. In fact, he wouldn't even mind if one of the mares he had conquered got pregnant by another stallion. Mares...irrational.

"Abyss speaks"

Tainted Posts: N/A
Unregistered
She stood at the end of the cold cave. She wasn't fearful or scared. She heard faint hoof beats. They grew stronger and stronger. She knew who it was, Abyss. The stallion had not really enjoyed her company, trust, or speech. She had enjoyed his though. She knew she would think of herself as forever more... stupid. She had started to shed her fear. She was beaten down though. Her creative mind was poor. Her head hung low. She was to tired to raise her head back up though. Her hind left hoof was resting on it's tip. Her mane was mangled along with her tail. She knew she was a mess and not a hot one. What would Abyss think of her as? Just some mare that he laid. He had only come to find her for either three reasons, one, he wanted to be a part of the foal and her life. Two, he was angry at her. Three, he had followed her here.

She was fine with being alone in the cold cave, but she would rather have a random horse's company instead of Abyss's. She wasn't even sure it was him. Her state of condition was depleted. If Abyss was to attack her she would lose, easily. His name spoke volumes of mystery, hers spoke the truth. "Hello?" Her voice was soft and weak. She had ran here from the threshold. On the way here she had a few problems and ended up like this. The side of her body faced whatever was about to reach the end of the cave. She hoped her foal would come out strong and healthy. She was excited and nervous. Would she be strong enough to protect the foal? What if she wasn't?

Unregistered

Abyss

He had found her, and she was weak from the sound of it. Frowning, he paced toward the voice that he had heard. If she had harmed herself fleeing from him. No, that would not do. He would not have that happening. Not on his watch, not his foal. This was his redemption from letting Leviathan die. Already within him, sparks of paternal love for the unborn were flaring. The stallion had been so long without love that it was odd to feel it.

"This is not a safe place for you, Tainted," he muttered, his voice soft and almost worried for the pregnant fae. He stepped closer to her. Had she run all the way here? No. She should not be exerting herself like that. When his mate had been pregnant, he had been careful to keep her safe and warm.

"You risk your life and the life of your unborn. That is not wise, not wise at all. Do you hope that death takes you before the child is born? Are you so foolish!" His voice rose in anger as he confronted the mare. She sought to die perhaps, to end life before she had to deal with the child. Did she fear raising it on her own, she would not, of course, it was his as well. He would help.

Unregistered
A shining black body appears next to her. Abyss. His voice was soft and caring, unlike his actions. "Abyss, you truly do not care about me. Just the foal I will bare." His heart was cold. She doubted that would ever change. "If you truly cared about me you wouldn't question me. Or my abilities. You just call this place horrid. You don't know this place." She became defensive, but still didn't move. I was his fault she was injured and beaten down. "You know what? Forget about it. It's no use arguing with you. You would just deceive me anyways. You can stay with me, but I will not leave. Or you could leave me be and I will leave." She gave him an option. She most likely won't be able to take care of the foal. She was still didn't move. When she did, a surge of pain crawled through her body. Even if he did leave, she wouldn't. She couldn't. Damaged, and tainted. She was here. She thought she had seen a spark of emotion to Abyss. Obviously that was fake.

Was Abyss incapable of love? "Are you dull with your feelings?" It blurted out. She turned her head slowly towards him. She waited for a response to her questions. She couldn't comprehend her feelings. She wanted him. Very much indeed. Then she hated his living soul. He had added more hate onto her. Her frail body was now swollen with a foal.

The cave was cold. They both had a chance of freezing. The extra weight was adding so much weight, it sucked the energy out of her. Was she to weak to have a foal? She was determined to try her hardest. She was as passionate for him as the wind was for the sky. It ended as suddenly as it began. She had come to this dead end with impressive speed. Her thoroughbred lineage kicked in. She had tripped down a slope.. well more like slid. She stayed upright, but the branches from the thick trees wouldn't let her go so easily. A barb wire trap. Not really barbed wire. It just felt like it.

Her front legs were bloody and scraped up. Her back legs missed no hair, and had no blood drawn. She turned her butt to him. Hiding her front legs in shame. Her head was still exceptionally low. The poor mare had a terrible life. She didn't want to end it though. She wanted to scream and leave. Not the cave, but Helovia. She wouldn't do that though. Abyss was only offering himself for the future foal. The magic of the situation was gone. She wanted to feel special.

Unregistered

Abyss

"Ahhh, ahh, my dear. I would not like you dead either, however. I admit, I care for the foal more than you, but is that so bad either? I will be a good father, a caring father, there for you when you need help...is that bad?" He did not step closer to her, for she might lash out and he had to be careful she would not hurt the babe. She was angry with him for calling into question her maternal instincts? She was so young! It was, no doubt, her first foal. How could he not call those instincts into question? How could he assume they were there? If she had never before raised a child...how could she know how.

"You called my story a lie, so I will not retell it. I had feelings once, but then all that I loved was ripped from me. Just as you try to rip my son or daughter from me with this ridiculous argument and staying here. Where will you find nourishment? How will you raise a foal on ice and snow alone?" His eyes narrowed for a moment...the mare was ridiculous and over sensitive. This was why he rarely checked up on them after. This was why he let them raise their children without his help...the reactions he got.

She walked away from him again, and as a shadow he followed her, brow contorting into a frown.

"Will you be rational instead of compassionate for once in your life?" he demanded of the dapple mare, "Don't go trotting all over the damn country you silly fae. You need your rest, and warmth, and food. Take my help. You do not have to like me...but if you let my child die..." He left the threat, idling in the air.

"Abyss speaks"

Unregistered
"Abyss, you are a demented creature. You build my trust high, then knock it down. After, you come waltzing in saying, 'Oh you aren't doing your job right!' All mares must foal for the first time. Correct?" Her tone was emotionless. She didn't look at him or move much. The pain drove a stake through her sides when she moved. An unbearable feeling. "Abyss, if it pleases you, I will go to any place you desire, but the foal will always be mine." She turned, and walked very slowly out of the ice cave. A cool breeze caught her off guard and she shuttered. If they were to travel far, it would be painful and very slow. "You coming? You are choosing the place..." A sneer entwined the second part of her voice.

It was actually warmer in the cave. The ice crystals shone their miraculous shapes. Almost like diamonds, clear, jaw-dropping, and majestic. The cave was pleasant. The cave's floor didn't send pinches of freezing snow through her leg. What place would he choose? Everything was cold. Abyss was confusing. A creature so elegant with a vile soul. He didn't care for the injured mare. No, he only cared for the foal she would bare.

She smirked. She had an idea she would not reveal until later. What if she showed the stallion a fun time then just crashed the 'fun wall' down. She shook the thought out of her head. Tainted thoughts led to tainted actions. And that's how you get a dis-earning name. She waited for the stallion to emerge from the frozen cave. His words hung in the air. "If you let my child die... What? You'll kill me? You will still have many other mares and foals to fall back onto." A delighted smirk crossed her face. "Why are you spending so much time with me? Hmm? Why not that white mare. Why do you choose to lead a tainted mare?" Her question hung in the air. He would answer. She would make him.

Unregistered

Abyss

He rolled his eyes at her outburst, demented, yes he was, but he cared for the foal and she was not seeing it. Too concerned with herself, selfish she was. True to a mare's personality. Vile creatures really, why did he bother himself with them anymore? They were selfish and snippy for no reason at all. He sought to make her see sense and she snapped at him like he had insulted her. The mare confused him, it drove him near mad.

"We can stay here, but I will bring you food since there is hardly any to be found. I won't be here all the time, so try not to wander too far. You should be safe. I trust you know how to fight should predators come a looking. I'll return here to bring you better food than what is offered here." The cave would offer her shelter, and slight warmth. Perhaps he would bring what little moss he could dig up for her to rest on, and food for her to eat. She would be starving in a few days and she needed her strength for the birthing.

"I want this child, as well as hers. I had six children once, as you know very well, and I can love that number again. You will stay in the cave, you will not wander. When the time comes, if I am not here, you will find me...and we will find a healer of some sort. I know much about childbirth, dear Tainted. As for the white mare, I will deal with her later...she is stronger than you. Less rash as well..."

"Abyss speaks"

Unregistered
He spoke quickly. She didn't know what was going through his feeble mind. This was HER foal. She had to remind her every once in a while. "I am OK for a moments time, Abyss. You do not have to serve me." She dipped her head to him. She slowly walked to the middle of the cave. Then, being extra careful so Abyss wouldn't have a heart attack, she lowered her body. She buckled her knees. Her hind legs came out on her left side. The bottom of her darkened front legs, was underneath her. Thoroughbreds were known for speed, agility, sensitive skin and a sensitive touch, because of this, hot was a lot hotter than for other horses, and vis-versa for cold. She was slightly cold. It could be seen on her face.

She was still eager as to why Abyss had chosen her to follow. Was it because the foal would be strong like himself and quick like her? Did he offer protection and aid to the others? Now he decides to tell me how many other foals he has sired... GREAT! He told her to stay in he cave. She was going to get fat. Lack of movement.. For a thoroughbred? She would be most likely very hyper, very soon.

For now, she was slightly cold, tired, weak, and broken. Abyss would have a lot to deal with if he continues to care for her.