the Rift

[MEETING] Some remedies are worse than the disease I hear [HEALERS]

Najya Posts: 90
Dragon's Throat Alchemist atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 7 (Tallsun) HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
A'mal :: Plain White Dragon :: Shock Breath Kiki

Najya wasn’t at all averse to fighting.  She had in the past and she would in the future if called upon.  She simply didn’t have a taste for battle.  She’d seen blood spilt for senseless reasons in her relatively short lifetime, and she’d rather look for a solution were unnecessary loss and hurt could be avoided. So while she was fully capable, the little mare had no bloodlust. Not anymore.  Not when she knew she had the means to save. She hadn’t much considered healing as a profession until after the Rift battles, after she’d seen the wild gods from a foreign land unleash their power here in Helovia.  What use were warriors when they were battered and broken?  After what had happened with Kaos? Well, her mind was made up. This is how she was best able to serve her herd. She hadn’t been able to save those in her homeland, but she could do that now.

Her curled ears pricked as the jackrabbit appeared to her in a shower of sparks. A’mal was quite taken with the apparition, quickly running off in pursuit of the rabbit.  Najya cast a worried glance over at her children, tempted to call A’mal back to look after them but finding it difficult to tear the little dragon from her fun for the moment. It was only when Najya saw Ampere and Volterra that she asked A’mal to return to the children - knowing that this could be a lengthy conversation and unwilling to leave the girls unattended.

The little mare slid to a stop before her leads, wearing her sword given to her by the Goddess of the Moon following the battle with the Wolf God.  Tied to the sheath was the glowing crocodile scale of one of the other Gods she’d helped slay, next to a figurine of his image.  Perhaps it would provide a physical reminder that healers were not always pacifists.  She dipped her head in a sign of respect to the pair before taking a moment to consider Ampere’s question.  It was certainly a loaded question, to say the least.  Finally, the little mare simply decided that being as honest as possible with the pair was the only way she could truly expect them to understand since she knew them both to be warriors.

”To put it simply, we need to replenish our medicinal stockpile and find a safe place to store them.  I’ve been doing the best I can on my own since Sikeax was crowned, but it’s not enough.  Recently I had some volunteers who helped me restore stocks of our native herbs - but our stocks of foreign herbs are depleted. I want to ensure we have enough to go around just in case Kaos causes more trouble. Disabled warriors can’t defend the island, and we have too many children in the herd to not have the basics.  Our warriors can fight through the pain, but they certainly can’t.” She said, shifting her weight from one leg to another and trying to gauge some sort of reaction from the pair.

“Other herds have greenhouses since they have difficulties with temperature during the colder seasons, but we probably don’t need the same sort of structure since we don’t deal with the same temperature extremes.  However, somewhere to store our materials - for people to come where they would know where to find us would also be useful - in terms of a long-term project.” Perhaps it was wishful thinking to hope that they’d have a place of their own dedicated exclusively to healing, but she certainly didn’t think it would be inappropriate considering the threats that they now faced.

N A J Y A
Image Credit

Please tag NAJYA in all replies. 
Force & magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
Thank you!
pixel base

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some remedies are worse than the disease I hear [HEALERS] - by Najya - 04-03-2017, 07:43 PM