the Rift

[MEETING] Some remedies are worse than the disease I hear [HEALERS]

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu

A M P E R E
The silver-forked sky lifts you up like a star

Ampere was impressed that all the healers not only arrived, but had intelligent and constructive input to offer her. She was only mildly annoyed that in comparison the other ranks failed to all show up - aside from Maren, a rank class of one. If anything it gave more merit to Tae's jab at the warriors (but let's not get ahead of the narrative here).

Ampere's gaze shifted to Najya as she arrived first and explained both their need and an idea for improvement. She chewed thoughtfully on the words, digesting them as Tae strolled up and made her quip. Ampere's attention shifted to her, unwilling to break the line of Sultana and Healer into Mother and Daughter, not as willing as Tae seemed to be (or would she have spoken such a thing to any leader? Would that be better or worse?). "And what do you know of being a warrior, Tae?" Ampere asked firmly, but not unkindly. She knew her daughter had some fighting talents, proof enough in her willingness to challenge the fucking Gladitor in the past - whether she was smart to start that fight, or whether she would have won it remained to be seen (and would never be answered). Growing up scrapping a bit was a far cry from training as a warrior day in and day out under the Throat though, and Ampere would have her words remind Tae of that. Ampere had been willing to admit when she was ignorant of a rank, and she would expect the same in return, especially from her own blood.

Ampere's lips tightened.

"I would expect more solidarity for your sand sisters and brothers. If they're not keeping you busy enough, you can always fight with them too." Ampere's stare held Tae for a moment before she turned it back to Najya to address her initial input. "How do you normally get the foreign herbs? Do they grow in the Wilds or in the other herds? If the latter, I imagine trade is a necessity?" Ampere mused for a moment, glancing at Volterra for his thoughts before finishing her own. "You should never go alone either way, but you've the authority to ask the other ranks to aide you for such trips. Have you ever tried to call on them?"

As Astarot joined them and all three healers seemed to mention a need of a place, Ampere nodded along. "I like Tae's idea," Ampere started, calling her daughter out by name perhaps as a balance to the gentle reprimanding she had given earlier, but also because Tae had earned it. "A cold storage sounds ideal, but something deep underground, the way the jackrabbit stays cool. I wouldn't want to rely upon the Basin for their frost, and we aren't a herd prone to attracting ice wielders." Ampere smirked, knowing far too many foals that ran around like pyros. "Perhaps Maren would be willing to house is beneath the temple. The church and the healers have always had a close relation, and the temple is already a well known beacon for the weary." A mere hole in the ground would go too unnoticed and though it would still store items, it wouldn't serve one of the points Najya mentioned which Ampere agreed with.

"Foal labor might work," Ampere laughed faintly, "but I imagine we can't rely on it. This will be something to ask the crafters to help with, and all of the herd, much like many were needed to build the temple that stands now."

Be the lightning in me that strikes r e l e n t l e s s

Blusl.deviantart.com

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some remedies are worse than the disease I hear [HEALERS] - by Ampere - 04-29-2017, 07:23 PM