the Rift

I pray I don't love you anymore [WISE ONES]

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

V O L T E R R A
OH, MY EYES ARE SEEING RED
DOUBLE VISION FROM THE BLOOD WE'VE SHED

The role of the herd's Wise One is something that Volterra has often dwelled on. What is their day to day purpose, when they aren't meeting with the Sun God? What do they offer, how can they help elevate the Throat to greatness? Perhaps he is guilty of overlooking the herd's lorekeepers in a similar way to the healers, dismissing their role because it doesn't involve war. The fact that he doesn't see the Diviner around a great deal doesn't help to sell the position to him, and he's always felt that the elusive Maren tends to look down her nose upon him whenever they do meet. A dreadful shame - she's rather attractive, in an aloof sort of way.

That isn't going to stop the leviathan giving his all to improve the rank, and he falls into step besides Ampere with practiced ease whilst returning her grin. Part of becoming Sultan is that Volterra must broaden his horizons, interacting with sections of the herd that he'd never previously bothered with. Now he is a king rather than just a Gladiator, he can no longer keep his tunnel-vision firmly on the warriors. He must appreciate all the other cogs that form the herd's machine, too, and that's why he ensures his body language is neutral and open as he waits beside Ampere for Maren to arrive. The temple they're in is a magnificent feat of engineering, and Volterra finds himself glancing around with an awestruck expression on his face. "Our crafters built this?" he murmurs to Ampere, keeping his voice low so as not to reveal his ignorance to anybody that may be passing.

The lingering sense that the Crownless doesn't like him is fuelled by the overly-long stare she rests upon him when she arrives. Either she's checking out his fine physique - which would be perfectly understandable - or she's giving him the eyes because she still doesn't trust him. She is one of the Throat's old guard, after all, the select spine of members who'd served beneath Gaucho, most of whom had been reluctant to accept the unknown Gladiator into their close-knit fold. "Maren," he greets all the same, his voice as warm as he can make it. "Yes, preventing the erosion of our island strikes me as a high priority. How would you suggest we go about doing this?" Although he is a dominant man who leads by example, Volterra is not afraid to defer to others whose knowledge is greater than his own on certain tasks.

image credits

@Ampere @Maren

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
RE: I pray I don't love you anymore [WISE ONES] - by Volterra - 04-04-2017, 02:35 PM