the Rift

I pray I don't love you anymore [WISE ONES]

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

V O L T E R R A
OH, MY EYES ARE SEEING RED
DOUBLE VISION FROM THE BLOOD WE'VE SHED

Ampere's confirmation that the temple was built by Throatians causes a small, awestruck grunt to leave the beast's jaws. "It certainly is magnificent," he murmurs, glancing around with approval glowing in his ruby eyes. He hadn't thought it possible, even with the aid of magic, to create something this large and yet structurally sound. He's reminded of the Ancient Rotunda, and finds himself wondering whether that, too, was forged by horses, albeit prehistoric ones. He makes up his mind to spend more time in this temple, as it seems a shame to let such architecture go to waste.

Maren explains that Aithniel had already sought her counsel regarding the fortification of the island's banks, and Volterra listens with ears cocked firmly forwards. The Crownless suggests that they consult with the crafters before doing anything, and advises the creation of a new bridge to replace the old one. This comes as a surprise to the Indomitable, who had never realised that there had ever been a bridge linking the mainland to the Throat in the first place. "Hmm," he rumbles thoughtfully, swishing his tail idly behind him as he ponders. "It might be the militaristic side of me speaking here, but I believe that our lack of a physical bridge is one of our greatest assets when it comes to defense. Should we ever find ourselves invaded, it would be nigh on impossible for anybody without wings to launch a surprise attack on us unless they possessed one of our keys, and whilst that is a possibility, our work to reclaim the keys not owned by our residents should prevent that."

He glances to Ampere, keen to hear her opinions too. "Besides, building a bridge to the mainland would not stop the root problem of erosion - if anything, disturbing the cliffs in such a way might actually worsen the issue." He's not outright dismissing Maren's idea, but he personally would prefer to see the island fortified properly rather than simply building a new bridge. Her concern about losing the sea views is a valid one, but Volterra would rather lose a bit of beauty than his entire island home.

"I would be inclined to seek the Sun God's counsel, as he more than any of us should know how best to protect the Throat."

image credits

@Ampere @Maren

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
RE: I pray I don't love you anymore [WISE ONES] - by Volterra - 04-09-2017, 07:15 AM