the Rift

[OPEN] Whale of a good time

Iskra Posts: 79
Dragon's Throat Colt
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17 :: 1 year
Castiel :: Royal Humpback Leviathan :: Tidal Wave Blu
Iskra made good sport of the race, careful not to completely leave Mel in the dust, but he didn't have the sensibility to let her win either. He couldn't risk losing his title as fastest in all of Helovia, per Matheo (a speed he would sadly grow out of very soon once he bulked up).

Melita voiced the awe budding inside Iskra's chest, and he smiled, reaching down to bump her with his muzzle kindly, to affectionately ruffle her baby mane. "This place is called the Endless Blue," he informed, feeling vastly wise around his much younger sand-sister. Most of his facts he'd learned from Zekle or Ampere, and a few from Matheo. "It's the best beach around, aside from home of course!" Their hooves clicked in unison as they walked through the cavern, and Iskra temporarily forgot to keep answering her as he himself marveled at the smooth structure and it's transparent walls, so very different from the metal crafts worked at home. Though he had seen it made, the whole of Helovia had crowded around and his mother hurried him away back to the Throat.

Getting to actually experience this unique place was extraordinary! As Mel pressed her face up against the glass, Iskra did the same, his breaths fogging up the view around his nose. Tentatively he stuck his tongue out to lick it, just to see... (it was mostly tasteless).
"I dunno if this place has a name," he went on after a moment, his teal eye still watching some fish swim to and fro. "But the Moon Goddess made it, and she turned the sand all into the glassy rainbow too." He wasn't entirely sure why she had done it - to be impressive perhaps, but he liked to think it was to be nice to them all and give them such a beautiful area. Except the moon played no role with water, so why she'd want them to better view the ocean was certainly a question Iskra had no answer for, but it didn't bother him enough to change his mind. "Wasn't that nice of her? Maybe we could start calling it the Moon Cave, or something!"

Just then Clementine came sliding down, whizzing past Iskra's hocks and tossing up his tail hairs. His feathers jumped up all along his body, and he yelled out with an "Ahhh!" at first. He tried to shy away, but his hooves couldn't get purchase so quickly and one leg slipped out from under him, forcing him into some stretching positions. By the time he regained his footing it was clear the "threat" was Clementine, and he laughed good-naturedly at her. "I thought you were a terrible sea dragon Clem!" Iskra joked, his feathers resettling just in time for her to perk them all back up with her exclamation. "WHAT WHAT!?" Iskra shouted in response, half excited by whatever she saw, and half afraid of whatever it was too. He wasn't normally so jumpy, but he felt like he was in charge of them, and well if something big and scary was around, could he muster up the protection for them both?

Iskra's eyes caught the figure Clementine was hollering about, and he grinned, settling back down. "That's a sea turtle! They basically are rocks with fins..." he laughed. "Do you see all the pretty fish and colorful rocks
? They're called coral I think. They're supposedly alive, but I'm not so sure."

Iskra
You don't have to change a thing, the world could change its heart
No scars to your beautiful, we're stars and we're beautiful

@Melita

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
Whale of a good time - by Iskra - 04-03-2017, 02:13 AM
RE: Whale of a good time - by Melita - 04-03-2017, 05:33 PM
RE: Whale of a good time - by Clementine - 04-03-2017, 10:52 PM
RE: Whale of a good time - by Iskra - 04-08-2017, 02:49 PM
RE: Whale of a good time - by Melita - 04-16-2017, 11:41 AM