the Rift

[OPEN] No more yielding, but a dream

Yael Posts: 186
World's Edge Seer atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 :: 39 - appears 8 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zani :: Serval :: None Astor
“Oh, no! Zat’s eksactly vhat I’m lookeeng for!” Yael exclaims, trying to head off an apology, but not quite able to do so. “Ze xeestory of Helovia, eet ees my project as Sage. T’ere are so many from so many backgrounds xere, vhat vonderful and fantasteec stories zey must all xaf. And I am so new xere… I xaf much to learn…” She trails off, watching the waves of emotion as they travel through Amaris, murmurs and changes in tone that her emotionally intelligent ears tune in to. Yael may be wretched as a warrior in her natural form, but she makes up for physical strength in other ways; a supple willow tree bends and twists in a wind that would break an unyielding oak tree in half. Her ability to adapt, so be a soft pillow for some, a forceful font of truth for others, a mother, a lover, a queen - that is her true power.

“You know,” she begins again, pausing in their walk to take a serious moment. “You cannot control vhat ozers t’ink of your mozer, no more t’an you can control your own feeleengs about xer. So vhy try? Eet ees okay to let yourself leev een ze good kalitees she xad, as long as you let yourself also acknoledge ze vones t’at maybe veren’t so good, yes?” She allows herself to extend her nose and tap Amaris on the chest, ever so lightly. “Dragons may cast beeg shadows, but I’m more cureeous about ze power of ze xeart een xere. Withdrawing, the golden mare’s appraising gaze gives her a look that says they both know that she’s wallowing a bit. “Trust me on zis vone. A body ees only a shell for a soul. Just because I can breaze fire doesn’t mean I vill change my nature.”

Not unless a certain white witch attacks her again. Then all bets are off.

With a small swoop of her wings, the black dips dipping into the air before them, Yael gestures for the pair to continue. “So, ah… xow old ees Xelovia eksactly? You seem young, but speak of t’ings zat I do not xear many mention.” She would be the first to say that age is only a number, that appearances are deceptive - but still, she wonders how much of a task she has before her, knowing full well how much can happen in a year. Would be a good idea to take on another of the Wise ranks to help with the thankless work?  

Yael

a lover of the light

@Amaris  Bahhhh idk why this took me so long to reply to, and why I had to rewrite it so many times but HERE YOU GO AND IM SORRY ILU <3

Please only tag in starter posts, or if the thread is getting dusty
Force and magic allowed, no death please

Messages In This Thread
No more yielding, but a dream - by Yael - 04-04-2017, 02:15 PM
RE: No more yielding, but a dream - by Amaris - 04-08-2017, 07:50 PM
RE: No more yielding, but a dream - by Yael - 04-12-2017, 09:02 AM
RE: No more yielding, but a dream - by Amaris - 04-13-2017, 12:06 AM
RE: No more yielding, but a dream - by Yael - 04-18-2017, 05:30 PM
RE: No more yielding, but a dream - by Amaris - 04-18-2017, 11:14 PM
RE: No more yielding, but a dream - by Yael - 05-02-2017, 11:02 AM
RE: No more yielding, but a dream - by Akumi - 05-02-2017, 12:09 PM
RE: No more yielding, but a dream - by Amaris - 05-05-2017, 05:51 PM