the Rift

what the fuck did I say?

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

ЯIKYN

I’ve not made it far into the vale before a familiar voice breaks through the wind, like a song. Though I’d hoped I might make it further in, maybe investigate the area beneath the radiant words to see if the Time God was there, the sight of her is probably the most relieving one that might have met me, besides, maybe, Erebos. Pausing in my step, as Duir bounds forward to greet Nimue (as always), I smile at her awkwardly, feeling the heaviness of it all weigh down on me for a brief moment (almost overwhelming), and nod.

It’s easier to feel those fears fall away, however, as she dances around me, her cheerful smile and eager giggles finding purchase in my heart swiftly. Perhaps it is that I have a very tactile, physical memory of that joy which moves her hooves beneath her, and causes her lips to curve upwards without worry for the repercussions of the God’s decision, but it’s easier to mimic that happiness than it had been a season, or even a week, ago.

Lifting my head in a mockingly regal fashion with a laugh of my own as she calls me Lord, the same impish glimmer that blooms to life in my eyes when I call Erebos General arrives again, despite the heaviness of my heart.

"My Lady," I laugh. Sweeping my muzzle forward thereafter to greet her, the sensation of her eyes meeting mine makes my belly do an odd flop, and my chest tightens with the pressure of too much air. Doing my best to pretend like that didn’t just happen, I try to casually pull away from her, and continue on through the valley, blinking slowly, and wondering, what even was that?!

Duir’s laughter (at me, not with me) dances through my head, as he keeps up after Tiamat and I with graceful, sweeping steps.

"It’s pretty wild, yeah," I say, looking again at the words in the heavens, and seeing, now, what appears to be the Spark standing below them. As we approach, my friend’s question meets my ears, and without hesitation, I look back at her with my answer. "They are all suitable candidates, in skill and heart. Only Toulouse is liable to be socially equipped for the job of command, however. Albrecht is too volatile, and Roland works best alone."

"Toulouse must be kept an eye over, of course," I tell her, quietly, having enough confidence in the pale, peculiar man to promote him, but having doubts, also, I felt it only fair to share them with Tiamat, "he arrived here from World’s Edge, and brought with him secrets, which he offered to Imogen and I freely. It was beneficial us, and a good move on his behalf, to show favor towards his new herd…"

But, as I told her not so long ago, I’m a bad man. I see things in ways only bad people would.

"Yet, if you share old secrets, what will you do with the new?" I ask Tiamat, though it’s mostly a rhetorical question. The God is near enough to overhear us with his physical ears now, anyway. Besides, I’m probably just being paranoid. From what Toulouse had told us, he had not felt very welcome, or fairly treated within the realm he had served formerly, which was reason enough to turn cloak. These doubts, regardless, were nothing that time would not resolve, right?

If he betrayed us, I’d just kill him, if Erebos and his band of savage Amazons didn’t, first.

"God of the Spark," I greet, with a bow, that same self-doubt beginning to well in the back of my eyes, now that I’m face to face with the Divine, "I, uh, well… thank you, for trusting me. I will try not to, you know…"

I look at Tiamat (recalling how she’d reacted the last time I’d unleashed my repertoire of unsavory language), not really wanting to repeat the language currently emblazoned across the sky; it feels equally foolish, however, to not say it, considering its unavoidable presence overhead, looming with pulsating light.

"Fuck up. At least not too badly," I say with a grin, glancing at my oceanic friend, "I’m sure Tiamat will keep me in line, anyway."

call me a safe bet
I'm betting I'm not

Art by VeerDesigns@DA | Table by Me

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
what the fuck did I say? - by God of the Spark - 04-05-2017, 10:07 AM
RE: what the fuck did I say? - by Rikyn - 04-05-2017, 04:42 PM
RE: what the fuck did I say? - by Tiamat - 04-05-2017, 10:36 PM
RE: what the fuck did I say? - by Rikyn - 04-06-2017, 09:37 AM
RE: what the fuck did I say? - by Erebos - 04-06-2017, 04:46 PM
RE: what the fuck did I say? - by Toulouse - 04-06-2017, 08:00 PM
RE: what the fuck did I say? - by Weaver - 04-07-2017, 10:04 AM
RE: what the fuck did I say? - by Albrecht - 04-08-2017, 08:25 AM
RE: what the fuck did I say? - by Öde - 04-08-2017, 12:43 PM
RE: what the fuck did I say? - by Lena - 04-08-2017, 05:45 PM
RE: what the fuck did I say? - by Oizys - 04-08-2017, 06:58 PM