the Rift

what the fuck did I say?

Toulouse Posts: 146
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 8.0 | def: 11.0 | dam: 4.0
Gelding :: Equine :: 17hh :: Six HP: 74 | Buff: ENDURE
Boomslang :: Green Ratsnake :: Paralyze Neverrmind

TOULOUSE
TINKER SAILOR SOLDIER SAILOR RICH MAN POOR MAN BEGGAR MAN THIEF

The smack and crackle of lightning, the quake and sky-shattering thump of thunder, was all more than enough to arouse the slumbering serpent from his slumber. Commonly nocturnal, rising and turning in with the moon, Toulouse was in the final hours of sleep when the alarmingly unnatural storm shoot the sky above his cavern. Crawling from the entrance to his cave, Toulouse's frowning gaze peered upwards and over the surrounding pines to behold the message etched into the sky; a message that the specter expected to last no longer than a second, though, it remained.

Rikyn, the new lord. And about blood time in the snake's opinion. How long had Toulouse resided in the north and yet never laid a single eye upon the supposed Fae who had again, supposedly, earned the other title as Lady? Rikyn was, under any kind of common sense, one of the only others fit to lead. Toulouse might expect the same from Erebos, though not many others.
Still, when it came down to the brunt of it, these people who were still burdened by the loss of their former lord did not deserve to be abandoned a second time.

A small smile found it's way upon the storm-lit gelding's countenance, Boomslang coiling tighter upon the man's crown before the pair strode out from behind the mountain where the thief's cave lay, his pace taking him down from the heights of the Basin's outlying foothills to the entrance of their snowbound home.
'Rikyn!'
It was the Lady's voice, the ever-sweet Tiamat who first cheered for their new monarch. Stopping in his tracks, toulouse allowed the moment to unfold before him as he waited i nthe treeline - he would allow them a moment before intruding himself. Curiously, he caught word of the Lord's praises and concerns for him, and with a nod Toulouse could only agree. Why would they trust him? Why should they? It would be wiser than anything not to. He would not pretend he did not hear these words, however, as that could only chip away at the trust, honesty and attitude of transparency he attempted to build between them - this would be something to discuss with both lady andl ord at a later date. Today was a celebration.
As he stepped from the treeline, his eyes crossed to another who had joined them; Erebos. Allowing the grey soldier to speak his part, Toulouse slowed his steps to almost a stop upon his approach, his curious eyes tracing over the muscular body of their general. He'd hate to be caught under those in a fight.
"My Lord," Toulouse finally boomed, a face full of smiles. "My Lady, General," he then acknowledged, nodding Tiamat's way and also towards the leader of their army. "I believe congratulations are in order!" the gelding spoke to the slightly shorter stallion. "What do nordlings such as yourselves do on such triumphant occasions?" He asked, truthfully hoping there would be some kind of celebration! The herd was one more step out of the dark.

YAY!

I AM THE KEY TO THE LOCK IN YOUR HOUSE—
DO NOT CRY OUT OR HIT THE ALARM
YOU KNOW WE'RE FRIEND TIL WE DIE—

EITHER WAY YOU TURN, I'LL BE THERE
OPEN UP YOUR SKULL, I'LL BE THERE
CLIMBING UP THE WALLS

SO LOCK THE KIDS UP SAFE TONIGHT
CLOSE THE EYES IN THE CUPBOARD

Messages In This Thread
what the fuck did I say? - by God of the Spark - 04-05-2017, 10:07 AM
RE: what the fuck did I say? - by Rikyn - 04-05-2017, 04:42 PM