the Rift

[OPEN] Look at the stars [summoning]

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

Midnight seemed appropriate. When she was the Storyteller for the Falls it didn't seem to matter when she called to her Father. Perhaps that was because there was no time of day associated with the earth, as there was with the moon, or perhaps it was simply because he was her father. Then again, the Moon was her aunt.

Still, midnight seemed to work.

Mists swirled around Isopia as she moved like a ghost through the darkness. Hubris and Babel followed, their talons making clacking sounds that were much more quiet than Isopia's hooves, but she could still discern them from the other sounds. Coming to halt near the end of one of the cliffs, Isopia looked down to the black waters below, breathing in the salty spray that coated the air. Glancing over her shoulder, Isopia wondered if someone would join her. Most liked to be the presence of the Goddess, and in all her time as a Storyteller before, she'd never had a summons that was solitary.

But they weren't her concern. Kaos was.

"Goddess." Isopia breathed silently into the night, knowing that she did not need to shout, or stamp, or do much of anything to get the attention of the ever-watchful lavender lady.

isopia

in places deep with roots entwined
i live among you, well disguised

Image Credits

@Mythical Request

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Yael Posts: 186
World's Edge Seer atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 :: 39 - appears 8 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zani :: Serval :: None Astor
Isopia is Yael’s boss and she probably doesn’t even know it. Nor had Yael the inclination to tell her that her fellow dragon-shifter was among the Wise ranks, but with the Queen’s blessing on her own sort of personal expedition, she should probably fill in her… immediate supervisor. Probably. Just in case. It’s the right thing to do, since she’s going to be leaving the Edge for awhile. Best to let someone know what she’s up to. At the very least, in a ‘hey, if you don’t hear from me for a year, I’m probably dead’ sort of thing.

The Edge is large and full of hiding places, but something draws the black-tipped pegasus to the cliff’s edge - a familiar spot, and one of various personal meditations (some more frantic than others, but there is a sense of calm for her, when she looks out over the stone lip). Out of the mist she appears, phantasmic and full of grace. She whickers softly to the Seer, alerting her to the Philosopher’s presence, and takes up position at the mare’s right shoulder. Flashing a genteel smile, Yael’s gaze follows Isopia’s out into the darkness, and it is only a quiet, long moment before she says softly, “Deed you know t’at you’re texnix’ly my ah… boss?

She’s mused on it more than a couple of times about how weird it is that they keep getting thrown together.  

Yael

a lover of the light

@Isopia

Please only tag in starter posts, or if the thread is getting dusty
Force and magic allowed, no death please

Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

Isopia wasn't surprised to see Yael turn up. She and the mare had an odd habit of constantly finding one another in a variety of different situations. And, as quite the inquisitive personality with a connection to all that was magical and godly, Yael's presence here seemed obvious.

The demi-goddess was struck once again by how beautifully the mare spoke, and for a moment she allowed her mind to sink into the cadence of the words, not directly interacting with them, merely enjoying them. Then, after a second or two, her lips twitched and something in her golden gaze dimmed somewhat, as she understood what Yael was saying. "I ... don't think it works like that." She mumbled, almost sounding uncomfortable with the idea that there were those beneath her. "Unlike the other ranks, I think ours is on a much more equal level. Our duties come from the Gods themselves and the needs of the herd, rather than the desires and demands of whoever holds the highest rank." Her large shoulders shrugged. In truth, it was one of the things she liked best about this type of rank within the herds. It was the most equal, as far as she could see. There was no real competition, no mundane tasks or fighting...they simply taught and told and learned.

isopia

Image Credits

@Yael

How strange that a demi-goddess might find the idea of having others ‘beneath’ her uncomfortable. By nature of her birth, though she is meant to be a stabilizing force in the land, she has been granted gifts that others simply do not have. And a responsibility to use them well - against her own father, if need be. That must quite the confusing sense of responsibility, one would think, for there is no clear path and a thousand pieces-parts that must be constructed with a manual that seems to be written only in Swedish. Do her dual sides war within her? Is it easier to be the complete opposite of Yael and look at the world without a sense of emotional connection? Even now, she speaks with a practical point of view, talking of duty only, and not the compassionate, comforting side that it seems the Wise Ones must have in their ability to give guidance to others.

They are, in essence, almost the perfect yin and yang for their chosen jobs. One leads with the heart, the other with the head. They could be a great team.  

A muffled chuckle lingers in the back of Yael’s throat when Isopia replies. “I shall embrace t’at outlook.” She pauses, absorbing the words and nodding in agreement. “I am going to embark on a knowledge collecting task soon… ask to stay een ze T’roat for ze vinter and learn about ze Sun God and t’eir xeestory.” She makes a mock shudder, or the thought of winter is most displeasing. “I xate ze cold anyvay.” But enough about her. It is Isopia who stands here, asking the Goddess to come down and visit them. “But, ah, vhat do you now seek from ze Moon?”  

Yael

a lover of the light

@Isopia

It is the memories that Hubris has given back to her that makes her body feel as though it should react to Yael's comment that she will be spending time in the Throat. Given what has transpired, Isopia should feel jealous or anxious, or at least slightly worried. Volterra beds anything that moves and looks his way afer all, and, if Isopia had any lust or desire for sexual exploits left, she'd consider Yael and extremely suitable and worthy sexual partner. Surely Volterra would as well. But Isopia felt none of those things, her mind merely suggested that, given what had transpired between she and Volterra, such thoughts would be justified.

"I have been to the Throat on more than a few occasions. It is very different from the Edge, but not an inhospitable place to live. Especially in the winter. Their diviner Maren is quite knowledgeable, and since you have wings, coming and going won't be a problem. They are an island, as I'm sure you know."

As Yael inquires about what it is Isopia plans on palavering with the Moon Goddess about, she takes a breath, considering her words. Part of her mentally chuckles at the inquiry. After all, it strikes Isopia as rather bizarre that she's obligated to both summon the Goddess an appropriate number of times throughout each season so as to be considered to be fulfilling her duty and to always have something important or insightful to speak with her about.

Perhaps that's why Helovia is always in such a state of cosmic disarray: to give the diviners of the land something to talk to the Gods about.

"We've spoken with her about Kaos..but no one has asked the truly important question. The Goddess is fair from stupid or ignorant. Knowing that, the fact that she appeared on the beach and actually seemed to help Kaos seems extremely telling. She has not told us to fight him, or even that he is a threat, has she?" The girl paused, looking over the cliffs once again, and then turning back to Yael. "Certainly she knows more than she is letting on. I plan on asking if there is anything she'd like to share."

isopia

Image Credits

@Yael

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
'Goddess,' came the whisper, the murmur, the breezy intonation that hinted, that summoned, that requested the presence of those holding her rank, and divine beings otherwise. Golden ears pricked, hopeful, sensitive, keen to know where the sensation came from, (for it wasn't that she heard the summons so much as felt it reverberate through the mists that lingered about the lands, entwining with the forest, the trees and branches and her limbs alike). It's late, commented Dramyrth, ever the optimist as he yawned a toothy grin from his perch in the tree above his beloved.

The dragonmare moved as swiftly as her almost-completely-healed-burns allowed through the lands she was born in (but had been absent from for so long), eyes roaming over trees that were mere saplings the last time she walked these paths but now stood tall and domineering over her, their branches contributing to the canopy that allowed dapples of moonlight to fall upon the underbrush. Conversation drifted her, a conversation of academics, of philosophers; of her rankmates.

The Mountain that Knows, she had heard the name, the title, of the belle who now held the rank of Seer, and now she saw that is was the great tribrid she had met at the beach standing alongside the pegasus-who-was-a-dragon (whose name she still had not learned) who were conversing. Amaris felt a great wave of satisfaction, of joy and elation; these were creatures she respected greatly for the limited interactions she had had with them. Dramyrth offered a soft coo as greeting while his bonded uttered a low whicker that was part equine and part dragon in origin (a sound unique to herself).

"Good evening," her warm tones uttered as she made to stand on the tribrid's other side. "I'm Amaris by the way - a recently re-joined Philosopher."
Amaris
drákos istoría
Dagwanoenyent Stock | whimzi
on deviantart

@Isopia @Yael
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Had Yael an inkling of Isopia’s thoughts, she would put them at ease in a heartbeat; the aurelian mare has no desire to bed anyone, bear more children, or otherwise find herself entangled in that which causes the pulse to quicken with lust. Gaal might be the exception, but even he causes waves of guilt whenever their flirting ends.

No, Yael might as well be a nun. Or a buddhist monk. Or some strange, asexual, off-limits priestess with no mind for anything but scholarly pursuits. So in other words: no fun.

“I’ve spent most of my life een vone desert or anozer. Eet vould be nice to be t’ere again, eef t’ey agree.” Her words carry whimsical notes on them, half-sighed and half-spoken. You don’t know what you’ve got until it’s gone, or something like that. The Edge is home purely because that’s where her friends are, and this is where she first laid her weary head. The Basin is automatically out, because no one wants a Yael-sicle on their hands, and she would be utterly and completely miserable there for three quarters of the year. But the Throat? The Throat has… potential. Maybe she’ll end up with a winter home and a summer home.

Their conversation then turns to the Gods, and she has to agree that the Seer has a point. Nodding, her face knits into a thoughtful expression and she reveals a little tidbit she hadn’t known might be important. “T’at makes sense. I vas recently vit two friends from ze Basin, and ve met ze God of Time. Xe looked.. Very vorn down. Veary. As eef xe vere xard at vork on somet’ing. Ve talked about ze reef and eef Kaos might xaf treecked us again vit describing t’is vorld… but t’ey said t’ey checked t’at already.” Her slim shoulders roll in their own shrug and she fluffs her feathers around her ribs. “Eef xe ees going to do some’ting, I vonder vhat xe ees vaiting for…”

It doesn’t seem likely that the Xelovians would drop their guard any time soon.

A whicker and coo call her attention to an approaching duo, and Yael recognizes the mare from the fire near the Heart Caves.Shalom, she offers quietly, and with a gentle smile. “Velcome, Amaris. I am Yael, also a Pheelosopher.”

And so two becomes three - and still they wait for the Moon.

Yael

a lover of the light

@Isopia @Amaris

Ingrid Posts: 42
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Equine :: 16.0 hh :: 2 (Frostfall) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Sky

Reference Credit

Ingrid broke through the mist a gallop, her nostrils wide and her sides lathered with sweat. She slid ungracefully over the wet ground to a stop. "Sorry I'm late," she panted, taking a few moments to catch her breath. "I guess I got lost."

Of course, it wasn't like Ingrid had gotten directions to the summoning. She didn't even know there was one. She was compelled to be there by a strange force, much like the others had been. However, being a little newer to Helovia, her internal godly presence compass wasn't as fine-tuned. It had come about as one of those weird midnight urges, like when you wake up five hours before dawn because Lord, you just need some chocolate. Unfortunately, unlike midnight chocolate cravings, Ingrid's urge had failed to be very specific. It only told her to go to the sea. She'd checked about three miles of coastline before finding the group.

Upon arriving, Ingrid had known she was in the right spot, but she was just now realizing that she had no idea who these horses were. She felt like she'd seen the yellow pegasus and the mare who appeared to be a dragon-horse before, (she happened to be repressing the memory of exactly when and where), but the third one was a complete stranger. Well, she thought, might as well introduce myself. "I'm Ingrid, Philosopher," she said, inclining her head.

@Isopia @Yael @Amaris

Akumi Posts: 24
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 4 years (Bird Song) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Rose
T
    It was late and the mists covered the ground where she walked. The soft thumps of grass against her red colored hooves were all she could hear. Deciding to discover her new world while no one was around would be an easy task when hidden by the mists.

Walking and talking were things not considered abnormal for Akumi. She often spoke to herself, probably because she had no one to speak to for all that time she was traveling alone before bumping into Helovia. Since coming here she had decided to be a Seer, or at least someone that helped doing that sort of thing. She was new to religion but the Moon Goddess is what interested her most of all. She wanted to be able to meet her someday and spread her words and wishes to the herd as a philosopher.  

Suddenly she wasn’t hearing only her own voice anymore. Two other voices swept between her curved ears. Curious she peered her way into the mists. Was it the seer deciding to seek out the Goddess that she so craved to meet? Or could it have been a private meeting to which she shouldn’t have interrupted? Just before she could see the origin of the voices through the mists close to her, a flash of blue-black and white came thundering past stopping rather ungracefully between the two speaking. She excused herself between haggard breaths and proceeded to introduce herself.

Well if they didn’t mind her coming from nowhere, surely they wouldn’t Akumi also arriving unannounced. She took gentle small steps as her black coat barely revealed itself from the mists that surrounded her. As she looked around at the horses before her, she recognized one as Ingrid, a new friend she’d met just a day before who was also new to Helovia. Shyly but respectfully she dipped her horn and spoke, ”Hello. My name is Akumi. I’m new to Helovia and the Edge. I’m sorry to intrude, I was walking and my curiosity guided me to your voices. May I ask what you are doing?” Akumi said, curious, but not sure if she should pry.
Akumi

image credit

@isopia @yael @amaris @ingrid important Sidenote: Akumi is a philosopher, she is currently just waiting on the rank change in her name. Sorry for that >~< <33
Someday somebody will best me. But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The fact that for a moment the three dragon-mares stood side by side gave Isopia the strangest feeling of belonging. Amaris was the only one who currently looked like a dragon, but given Yael and Isopia's own abilities to become one, their trio seemed well-suited to belong to the same rank. Or at least so it momentarily seemed to Isopia. "Hello again." Isopia offered with a nod towards Amaris.

"Perhaps the Goddess will enlighten us on that account." The Mountain replied to Yael with a stern stare. It didn't reassure her that the God of the Spark appeared weary or that nothing had come from the search of the new reef. If anything, it added to the uncertainty that seemed to cover everything.

Two more arrived, introducing themselves as Ingrid and Akumi. For a moment the demi-goddess was taken aback at home many philosophers there were. Back in the Falls, only Syrena had showed any interest in learning how to be a story-teller. Was it something about the Edge that drew these souls to this rank? Or something about the Goddess?

"I am called The Mountain that Knows." Isopia offered by way of greeting, withholding her real name as she was still want to do. Many new it by now, but she preferred to use her monicker when possible. "I am the Edge's Seer. We are gathered here in hopes of speaking with the Goddess. You may join us, if you wish."

Isopia's two dragons, Hubris and Babel, eyed the newcommers with opposing stares. Hubris trilled a bright and welcoming greeting, his bronzey face an open grin of joy, whereas Babel's black eyes were unreadable as the ocean, and just as mysterious.

isopia

Image Credits

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin
Midnight was a very appropriate time for a summons. Although the goddess would have appeared for her Seer at any time of day, she took delights in how the night suited her more than the day - and with a gaggle of new philosopher recruits, she was happy for the chance to dazzle them. A cool, gentle breeze stirred the mists so that they swirled over the edge of the cliffs - extending a little way out and making it appear as though the cliff face extended further than it really did.

The light from the moon bright in the sky sparkled and twinkled in a central spot - gradually brightening and turning violet until the Goddess materialized before the group of mares. My you’re a chatty bunch today.” The goddess casually admonished the group of mares, making a faint tsking noise in the back of her throat. There wasn’t much effort in her chiding, however, because she was pleased that the Edge was getting so many new recruits interested in the Seer ranks.

Even if some had plans on leaving the Edge to learn about her brother in the south.

Her silver gaze travelled across the faces of all those gathered before settling on Isopia, her newly appointed Seer. It had been far too long since she had been summoned properly in this herd. “Wonderful to see that you’re taking your duties seriously already. How may I be of service?”

goddess of the moon

Raeden Posts: 188
World's Edge Specter atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 Years 3Months HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Tin :: Plain Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Dressy

RAEDEN
but what is love without lust

The pale specter was a wandering the lands of Edge. She enjoyed the quiet and peace of the land with only Tin at her side. The pair moved together as one through the thick mist. Keen teal eyes kept watching from anything odd and out of the blue. The quiet did not last for long; a small commotion was stirring about within the land. Her attention dragged away from the beautiful night sky. Her cream hooves followed the subtle breeze that floated into her cream tresses. It was very odd for the stillness of this particular night. Slowly moving through the bush bright eyes finally caught sight of what appeared to be a summoning. Sighing slightly she listened to the mares speak back and forth between each other. Looking around the specter debated if she should enter the clearing. Finally, the decision was made, and she places a perfect cream hoof forward. Tin clung to her side as she walked towards the mare she had not yet spoken with.

The woman was much taller than herself, and her markings were exquisite. She was called The Mountian. Raeden smiles softly to the woman. Last time she saw her, it was over that damn bag. Well, the past is in the past, and Raeden would not say a single word to the woman about the incident. Silver flecks turned toward The Mountian that knows all, and she dips her skull. "Hello Mountian that knows all. I am Raeden a Specter. I would love to see what mother moon has to say." Just as she finishes the powerful god forms infront of them. Purple hues filled the sky and formed into her powerful body. The mare dips her skull to the powerful god. Then she waits to hear what the Seer has to ask their goddess. Some mixed feeling did fill Raeden's heart. She wanted to know why the woman killed her parents, but now was not the time. Quietly she waited in the silver moonlight.

"talk talk talk"

table code by tamme

Amaris stood with the dragonmares, and for a moment, everything felt right.

The dragonmare didn't even know that both of them had the ability to turn into dragons themselves - she knew of Yael, via a recent interaction, but her knowledge of the Mountain was limited (but she liked what she did know about her from their brief encounter at the Endless Blue). Idly, Amaris wondered if she had completed all the ritualistic cleansings she had set out to do - but then, it also wasn't any of her business to enquire, so she didn't.

Others arrived, and Amaris offered soft smiles to each of them, nodding her tiara as they each identified themselves as a part of their craft - is thinking really a craft? she mused to her beloved, whose soft reply was you make thoughts, don't you?

There was only one who arrived who labelled herself a Specter - a rank that Amaris recalled having an interest in when she was but a youthful filly, not even a few months old, attending her first herd meeting. It wasn't to be - not at this stage of her life, anyway - she found herself quite comfortable with her choice of path.

A silence seemed to settle, even if just for a few seconds (they had indeed been chatty), and Amaris watched as the very mists seemed to move as if of their own volition. Of course, they were moving of the Goddess' volition - the dragonmare's golden eyes beheld the magnificent figure carve herself from the moonlight (and she was suddenly sorely reminded of her aunt, Rishima, whose very name meant moonbeam).

The dragonmare knew better than to allow her gaze to linger too long without showing a display of respect - so she bowed her golden crown, curving her nape so that her chin bumping against her scarred chest, feeling the various amulets that were tied to strands of mane nudge and move. A runaway thought, a random realisation came, as she recalled the amulet her mother bestowed upon her before her death - one that the Goddess had given her herself, one containing magic of an ancient king, the ability to travel as a shadow across the lands. Would the Goddess recognise it? Would she scorn Amaris for holding onto it? Would she care?

Probably not.
Amaris
drákos istoría
on deviantart

@Yael @Isopia @everyone?? is posting order a lie?
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Akumi Posts: 24
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 4 years (Bird Song) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Rose
After Akumi, one other appeared. Another she had not met but beautiful all the same. Her attention drew towards the dragonmare. A beautiful and rare creature indeed she was fascinated and wanted to get to know her better but she believed now was not the time.

As the one called Raeden approached the group got silent again for a moment before mists began to swirl and swoop seemingly with their own minds. Was this it? Was the lovely lavender lady coming? Was Akumi finally going to meet the Goddess that filled her imagination with wonder about what she might be like? Akumi’s eyes directed to the moon, as they often did every night. Even on a new moon she would still stare into the darkened place where it would be. The moon was her only comfort, her only companion on the long nights she traveled alone just to get to where she is now, to find out there was a God of the Moon? She owed her everything and she probably didn’t even know it.

The light from the moon began to sparkle and turn violet.  This is it! Akumi’s legs almost trembled with excitement when the lavender lady appeared. She was beautiful and when she spoke it excited Akumi’s little heart. While some bowed their heads in respect, Akumi went so far as to bend her right knee and touch it to the ground as she dipped her horn to the Goddess.

This was her, and she was more brilliant than Akumi’s dreams could’ve ever imagined her.

Akumi

image credit

@raeden @amaris @everyone? (there's so many of us I'll just tag anyone I referenced lol)
Someday somebody will best me. But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

More joined them, one introducing herself as Raeden, and Isopia could feel the clutches of claustrophobia slowly stroking her throat. She knew that this was going to happen - the appearance of the Goddess was not normally the type of thing to be ignored, especially by those in her herd, but there were so many of them suddenly.

Isopia swallowed and nodded in Raeden's direction, welcoming her to the small gathering that was now one-body larger.

As the Goddess appeared, Isopia regarded her petite aunt with look of familial comfort. It wasn't only because of her godly blood that the Mountain was not intimidated by the lilac deity, but because the lavender lady had been around for so much of Isopia's life already, that feeling uncomfortable now would have been strange. Briefly Isopia considered calling the Goddess aunt, but then decided against it. She was here in her capacity as Seer, as the Goddess had already acknowledged. Not as the Goddess' niece.

"Of course." Isopia began, assuming that the Goddess had expected nothing less of her. The demigoddess was nothing if not diligent in her obligations. And, having been promoted seemingly randomly before most of the herd, had she failed in her tasks everyone would have been aware of it.

"I would like to know if you have any expectations of us with regard to Kaos." Isopia began, her voice clear and calm in the moonlight. "You appeared on the beach and aided Kaos in creating the glass mosaic and tunnel." A small smile pulled Isopia's lips back as she recalled this. Her mind wandered to the conversation she had with Volterra when he mentioned that Aithniel had been sent into the Rift to gain information, and the conversation that she had been present for between the Spark and Roskuld. She hadn't needed to have such a conversation with her own Father, knowing already what he thought of the situation,
as well as his lack of direction. "And although my Father judges himself a fool for having been ignorant of Kaos, the same cannot be said of you. You were neither ignorant of him, nor a fool. My Father has abandoned the Falls, the Sun has sent Aithniel away, and the Spark seems uncharacteristically blind to what Kaos motives or intentions are. But what say you?" This last question was asked with an eager and interested tone that spread across Isopia's death-marked face. Her golden eyes widened and her ears perked forward, waiting to see what the Goddess - the most clever of all the Gods in her opinion - would say.

Isopia was sure that the Goddess knew more than she was letting on, and even if she didn't decide to share the full breadth of her knowledge with Isopia or the herd, the demigoddess assumed she would have some guidance for them.

Then again, perhaps not.

isopia

Image Credits

@Mythical Request

The Spark’s weariness was unsettling to the gilded foreigner as well, but she knew enough to hold her tongue whilst in the God’s presence. Rikyn and Tiamat may be his devotees, but Yael was not and from what she knew of Gods, it is unlikely that they would take well to stating the obvious - especially when the obvious isn’t positive. She is a little surprised by Isopia’s stern stare and borderline rebuke as it catches her unawares, and that much is obvious as she reacts with slightly widened - and then narrowed - eyes (though not in a catty way, for it has been years since Yael felt the urge to be catty). “Xopefully,” she earnestly replies, for they are on the same team and she, too, seeks answers.

Several others join, and to each Yael offers a slight but kind smile and a welcoming dip of her pretty little head. She recognizes two, but as the numbers on the edge of the cliff grow, she gets the feeling that it’s all a little too much, that this is not what Isopia intended. Wellllll, she accidentally ruined that the moment she showed up, didn’t she? Oops.

In the dark, her gaze flits between the gathering mares in quiet curiosity until light seems to collect in one spot, creating a spotlight over the ghostly, mist-drunk cliffs, until the whole area glows with a violet light and the Goddess appears. They are playfully admonished, which makes the gold and silver mare breathe out a quiet chuckle. What did she expect from the gaggle of women? Silence? Perhaps amongst one or two of them, but waiting (not that she minds) gets tiresome quickly, and Yael is the queen of idle small talk. She would have been content to simply listen to the exchange and observe ‘how things are properly done,’ but it seems that Isopia had misunderstood her when she spoke of the Spark. With a slight clearing of her throat, she speaks up - not trying to correct Isopia, but add to the picture the Seer painted.

“Ze Spark said xe might need us soon… but xe deed not say for vhat, or vhy xe looked so eksausted… eet vas a leetle alarming.” Of course, she knows that the Gods rarely extend their thoughts to mortals, probably preferring to see them run around like rats trying to prepare or decode or otherwise stay one step ahead of the game. Yael’s long ears swivel forward as well, eager to hear what the Moon might say about what is going on. Is it as bad as it seems? Worse? Or should they all just chill the fuck out?    

Yael

a lover of the light

Ingrid Posts: 42
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Equine :: 16.0 hh :: 2 (Frostfall) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Sky

Reference Credit

The mists swirled together in a way that seemed unnatural. There was hardly a breeze, but it sent chills running down Ingrid's spine. Her eyes widened and she held her head aloft, ears pricked forward. Something began to happen with the moonlight. Ingrid took a step back, resting her weight on her haunches and pawing nervously. She didn't even dare to breathe. A horse slowly materialized out of the glow, deep purple and silver. She was the moon itself, and she was beautiful. Everything a goddess should be. Then and there, Ingrid wholly let go of the gods from her past, because hell, Terra couldn't compete with a goddess who actually showed up. Ingrid was at a loss for words, almost. She managed to find her voice just enough to whisper, "Holy shit," then immediately dropped into a bow, scraping her knees on the rocks. She didn't feel it.

It proved difficult for her to tear her attention away from the goddess, but she knew she had to listen to mare-who's-voice-sounded-weirdly-familiar to be able to follow the conversation. However, it rapidly became clear that wasn't happening regardless. She was already more lost than a goose flying North during the cold months. What did this mare's dad have to do with anything? Why was she using 'chaos' as a proper noun? Ingrid also noticed the way she spoke irreverently of other gods. Perhaps the gods were fighting, and she did it to show her loyalty? Ingrid stood up again, she shifted her eyes to Akumi and whispered, "Are you getting any of this?"

(She's seen Isopia in dragon form, but hasn't made the connection.)

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin
Despite the chatty nature of the mares that had gathered, they all showed due respect when she appeared. Isopia spoke up and though the Goddess might miss the flattery that accompanied Alune’s summonings she appreciated the to-the-point and calm manner that her niece used. 

The topic at hand was hardly a surprise - she had expected at least one question about Kaos to arise during this gathering. Her son had come to speak to her in the Veins about this very same matter and it was all anyone seemed capable of talking about lately. Kaos certainly had made quite the show - and it seemed that most of Helovia was rather off-put by being taken for fools with his little masquerade. As if none of them have ever hidden away a part of themselves. 

A small frown of annoyance creased the Goddess’ face when Isopia ran through the actions of her brothers, with Yael speaking up about the God of Time as well. “Yes, he does tend to be a little alarming doesn’t he?” She commented off-handedly, before shifting her attention to the question of what her expectations were. “As to what I expect from all of you it's quite simple - remember to use those delightful little brains.” Her frown eased a little, her gaze moving to all of those present, hoping they were all paying attention. “An open, objective mind is your best tool right now. As many of you know, when you give your emotions reign they can cloud your judgement. Hasty assumptions aren’t going to help anyone.”  

goddess of the moon

Isopia nodded, echoing the Goddess' judgements of her shorter brother. "He didn't seem to offer much of anything when Roskuld and I went to see him." Isopia agreed, thinking that for all of the Spark's long-sightedness, he rarely offered them any sort of guidance that was particularly helpful.

Listening carefully (and feeling a small pang of embarrassment as the Goddess said to use their brains, a trait Isopia thought she did quite well), she strove to commit to memory every single word.

An open mind. A lack of emotions. Clear rationality.

It was precisely what Isopia had been built for, and a smile threatened to part her lips slightly as she nodded her agreement to the Goddess' instructions. "It will of course be as you say, Goddess." Isopia responded, feeilng reassured with just these few words that the Goddess indeed knew what she was doing and offered appropriate guidance. She'd never felt that way with her father - his benevolent and paternalistic manner always made her feel as though he was compensating for something that he didn't want to let her know about. With the Goddess however, she was under no such illusions. That was her charm. Her allure.

"It is with our minds, not our hears, that we shall appraise Kaos." She concluded, quad-horned skull nodding.

isopia

Image Credits

A great many things happened, and a great many things were learned by the mare. She stood in silence, focussing all her energy and focus into the conversation between her Seer and her Goddess, so as not to feel the prickly, twitchy sensation of anxiety steel over her at the sudden appearance of so many. The Mountain refers to events that occurred before the dragonmare's return, observations of the Goddess aiding this Kaos creature during one of his tasks that he set for Helovians, locking it away in her own mind to riddle and ponder.

Then the Mountain announced the identity of her father, and Amaris' mind almost jarred to a complete halt. The God of the Earth had a daughter? She wondered at this, before recalling Mesec, the Goddess' very son, and Roskuld, and Israfel (though another memory said to her that Israfel was no longer and that there must be another now?). Her Seer mentions an Aithniel, and Amaris concludes this must be the Sun's daughter (why else would he select her to send away on a mission?).

The casual way in which the Mountain refers to the gods and their activities is foreign to the dragonmare, who was used to the revered manner in which Hellena spoke and addressed them, or otherwise the 'mortal' capacity to simply be in constant awe at the sight of them. The Seer asked a very pointed question then, one that begged for clarity and the removal of ambiguity - Yael added her own voice to the mix, stating her observations of the God of Time, which the Mountain concurred - before the Goddess deigned to speak once more.

She seemed put off at the mention of the other Gods, and Amaris smiled a small, knowing smile; theirs was a jealous Goddess, but at least she made it known what she expected of her followers. The dragonmare wondered at how her mother had devoted herself wholly and completely to the ethereal beauty, and could only continue to wonder whether her mother's soul was still somehow tied to this Goddess of Wind and Night even in her 'afterlife', if there was such a thing.

Use those delightful little brains, her instructions came, and Amaris captured the words with keen interest, clinging to them, dissecting them and observing them until their meaning was clear. Judge with a clear mind - remove one's emotions, was the gist of it, and the dragonmare could not help the memories of her mother's own words flooding through her mind. It was no wonder the DragonHeart followed the Goddess - she was practically the Goddess in a mortal form (though perhaps that was stretching it, it was still something a child could view their own beloved, deceased mother as, surely?).

It seemed the practices of Mirage the DragonHeart were to be employed by all who could train themselves in such ways. Amaris had always done it, to an extent, though she was her own self, she was well practised, if not a master, at guarding one's emotions lest they interfere with one's current predicament. Even now, she swallowed the anxiety that threatened to rise up, and looked upon the situation with as clear a mind as she could.

We will think our way out of this, whatever this happens to be.

"With our minds," Amaris echoed the words of her Seer softly, mostly to show that she concurred, that she was here, listening, absorbing, being a good rank-mate, an obedient Philosopher, and chewing over all that she had learned here, her mind venturing down various clues and paths and coming to even more various conclusions or at the very least crafting several ideas about the current happenings in Helovia.
Amaris
drákos istoría
on deviantart
I like being tagged!