the Rift

[OPEN] Would you light my Candle?

Yael Posts: 186
World's Edge Seer atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 :: 39 - appears 8 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zani :: Serval :: None Astor

yael

Sometimes Yael puts two and two together rather quickly; other times she’s just so absent-minded and entirely focused on something else. She doesn’t even think to ask Mesec if the Moon is his mother, probably because she can’t imagine the Goddess ever birthing someone, being maternal, or just… you know, doing normal mortal things. The Gods are easier to imagine, for whatever reason, though to be honest she doesn’t know which Xelovian could possibly be descendants aside from Isopia. Nevermind that she’s already met two of them. The daughter of the Earth sticks out the most in the golden woman’s mind for multiple reasons (most of them good, but not all), and she’d learned a few things from keen listening.

Such as, Helovians are attached to their Gods, but the subject of godly lineage is… touchy at times. A source of both pride and consternation. And one that he need not discuss with Yael quite yet.

She grins – wide and radiant when he confirms her question. “Yes! Of course! I saw you vit Gaal.” Her gaze travels from his silver eyes to the snuffling kitsune, then back to the stallion, playing the epitome of a hostess (though this far more his space than hers), “And who is this lovely little lady?” she inquires, reaching down again to extend her velveteen nose, should the companion want to investigate further. After a moment, she turns back to the wall and when she settles back in to looking at the story engraved on the wall, a very intense, scrutinizing look sneaks into her countenance. “Vell… zis I understand, zis creation storee. But vhy xere, xeeden een ze dark, below ze ground? Eef ze Gods seek vorship, vhy not place eet somevhere all can see?” On a roll now, she should leave it at the first questions, but the thoughts pile on and like a train, she cannot be stopped. “Xow long ago vas zis, vhy deed ze Spark not stay?”

What made him come back? The Basin is his now - but what was the world like then? Yael seems almost child-like in that moment, in her eagerness to know, to learn, to absorb and fill herself up with something that might begin to leave her feeling less empty.  

trust your heart if the seas catch fire

live by love, though the stars walk backwards

Image © littlewillow-art

@Mesec

Please only tag in starter posts, or if the thread is getting dusty
Force and magic allowed, no death please

Messages In This Thread
Would you light my Candle? - by Yael - 04-05-2017, 05:02 PM
RE: Would you light my Candle? - by Mesec - 04-10-2017, 02:03 PM
RE: Would you light my Candle? - by Yael - 04-12-2017, 10:58 AM
RE: Would you light my Candle? - by Mesec - 04-23-2017, 01:08 PM
RE: Would you light my Candle? - by Yael - 04-25-2017, 03:20 PM