the Rift

[PRIVATE] The longer I run

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

He, too, thinks it unlikely that the Moon Goddess was fooled so easily by Kaos. Volterra confesses to not knowing a great deal about the only female deity, which is a damned shame given his general love of marekind and inadvertent fetish for women in power, but he's gathered enough about her to deduce that she seems to be an intelligent sort. She certainly doesn't seem as though she could be ensnared into Kaos' trap as easily as the vast majority of Helovians had been.

That leaves the second and possibly most alarming option - that she was fully aware of Kaos' intentions and helped him anyway. Volterra supposes that she has a history of going against the rest of the Gods, thinking of the stories he's been told of her little murder spree that resulted in the conception of the Mountain next to him. Ironic, isn't it, that he has an unknown, secretive dark Goddess to thank for the creation of possibly the most important influence on his life?

"Time will tell indeed," comes his reply, not having anything else to add to what the giantess has already said. The closer they get to the Falls, the more the beast finds himself unable to think of anything else but Isopia next to him and the weight of their history that seems to be resting heavily upon his shoulders. The Falls smells different, now. Back when she'd lead him here the first time, it had smelled of warmth and protection, of power and family and earthen strength. Now, it just smells empty. Desolate, barren, although just as beautiful as it had been that day when the yearling Volterra followed Isopia through the undergrowth and felt his first odd frisson of something in her presence.

Automatically, the Indomitable slips behind her, as he'd done that day. It seems only right to defer to her and to follow her lead as she takes him towards this important inner sanctum of hers - he's not, of course, banking on her suddenly stopping. He gives a startled grunt, unable to stop himself from probably walking straight into her (magnificent) backside. "Sorry," is his rumbled apology, shifting to the side and out of her way....not before he's granted with a series of mental images from the last time he was behind her. As he hurriedly moves before any more images can produce a visible effect on his body, he can't help but wonder whether she's remembering the same thing.

He glances over to her, quickly ridding his mind of such debauchery. Now is not the time to dwell on such things - it's time to focus fully on the child they're going to see. "Is something wrong?" he questions, wondering if returning to this place has been harder than she'd anticipated.

THE INDOMITABLE

I'M A WHISPER LOST UPON WIND, I'M THE EMBER THAT'LL BURN YOU DOWN
I'M THE WATER THAT'LL DROWN YOU, I'M THE STAR THAT'S JUST A BLACK HOLE NOW
image: naia-art

@Isopia

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
The longer I run - by Isopia - 04-06-2017, 06:37 PM
RE: The longer I run - by Volterra - 04-08-2017, 06:32 AM
RE: The longer I run - by Isopia - 04-10-2017, 10:27 AM
RE: The longer I run - by Volterra - 04-18-2017, 01:23 PM
RE: The longer I run - by Isopia - 04-18-2017, 01:33 PM
RE: The longer I run - by Volterra - 04-18-2017, 03:23 PM
RE: The longer I run - by Isopia - 04-18-2017, 03:46 PM
RE: The longer I run - by Volterra - 04-21-2017, 02:42 PM
RE: The longer I run - by Isopia - 04-21-2017, 03:13 PM
RE: The longer I run - by Volterra - 04-22-2017, 03:00 PM