the Rift

[OPEN] in search of colored stones

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

let the winds erase me,

like the memory of a kiss

She laughs slightly as he calls her kind. She is, of course, but she can’t help the words that come out of her month. “Does hitting you with my tail count as kind?” She laughs slightly, falling back into a version of herself she’d forgotten existed. Once upon a time it had been her job to flirt with the courtesans and diplomats and dignitaries. She’d gleaned so much information from them just for batting her eyes in their direction. Though some were smarter than others, far more tight-lipped. Those were the ones who had the information she might have truly cared about, the ones that plotted her murder.

Not that she had some ulterior motive with Barty. No, for once she simply found that it was enjoyable, that she wanted to let herself loose in a sense. His company was simply genuinely enjoyable and she enjoys being herself. A version of herself that had largely stopped existing since she came to Helovia, since she buried all the things she lost beneath kindness and healing. It’s almost shocking how easily other parts of herself slip out with him around, but the pain and memories and the ghosts stay at bay.

They talk and walk a bit, diving deeper into the forest. “I think the more colored rocks we can bring back, the better chance we have of getting one the Moon likes.” She says, encouraging him to look for others. Because like him, she does not intend to accidently provide their Lady with the wrong sort of rock and end up insulting her. She stays by his side as he gathers, looking as well for any other options that they might come across.

After a moment, he asks if she’s been here long. Lyanna pauses for a moment in her searching, teal eyes looking to him, warm and friendly as always, before turning back to the ground. “Only about 2 years now, so not that long I suppose.” She says, thinking about it. Two year wasn’t that long, though she’d only lived in Morham for four years. Two more years here and her life would be divided in half between the two places.

“I am glad to hear I seem knowledgeable though. Sometimes I still feel like I know nothing of this place. It’s very different than where I came from.” She admits, finding it easy to simply talk to him, to admit that she had a life before this one like she actually speaks of that life at all. “And what of you, Barty? You have quite the family here already. Have you all lived here long?”

lyanna

let these waters takes me

Image © Rhiaan

@Bartholomeo

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Messages In This Thread
in search of colored stones - by Lyanna - 04-09-2017, 04:05 PM
RE: in search of colored stones - by Bartholomeo - 04-11-2017, 03:31 PM
RE: in search of colored stones - by Lyanna - 04-13-2017, 07:41 PM
RE: in search of colored stones - by Bartholomeo - 04-26-2017, 02:13 PM