the Rift

[OPEN] in search of colored stones

Bartholomeo Posts: 46
World's Edge Protector atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7.0
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16'2hh :: 7 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Snow
BARTHOLOMEO

His deep, rumbling laugh tumbles from his mouth. "Kindness comes in many forms, Lyanna," he says with a wink. For a horse with a full-fledged tail, it may be hard to picture the untold misery of Bart's docked excuse for a plume, which is next to useless for batting away flies. Of all the things the pirate hunters could have taken from him! He supposes it could be worse, but his persecution from flies makes him rather wish he'd made the hunters' punishment more...painful.

He scans for stones as he walks. With his magpie-like keen eye for trinkets, the stag soon spots a glimmer in the distance, and alters his path to head towards it. It's a normal chunk of stone, but when flipped over it reveals a lovely marbled, glowing underside. After admiring it for a moment, the stallion tucks it away in his mane for safekeeping before turning back to Lyanna.

The mare reveals she's been in Helovia for two years, and Bart tilts his antlered head at her curiously. "That's quite a length of time." Time flies here, though - he finds it hard to believe he's been here almost a year himself! "And where do you hail from originally?" He doesn't mean to be nosy, but he has an easy rapport with this mare and he's keen to prolong it whilst they search. Unsurprisingly, the same question is given back to him and the stallion hesitates for a moment, wondering how much to reveal. He eventually settles on half of the truth - he doesn't intend to discuss his dead wife and child, but the rest is no secret. "I'm fairly new here, but my brother Tilney and his wife and children, as well as my sister Aelfwine, have been here far longer. I've spent most of my life in charge of my own band, you see. We were a ragtag bunch of rogues, with hearts of gold of course." He winks. He and his men had done some reprehensible things, but they did have their limits - they did not attack the women of the herds they plundered, nor did they kill unless they had to. Their sights had mostly been set on gold and trinkets to sell, or to add to their expanding hoard.

if my lungs collapse and my heart turns black
i'll give my ashes to the coast

image credits

@Lyanna

Messages In This Thread
in search of colored stones - by Lyanna - 04-09-2017, 04:05 PM
RE: in search of colored stones - by Bartholomeo - 04-11-2017, 03:31 PM
RE: in search of colored stones - by Lyanna - 04-13-2017, 07:41 PM
RE: in search of colored stones - by Bartholomeo - 04-26-2017, 02:13 PM
RE: in search of colored stones - by Lyanna - 05-01-2017, 11:46 AM
RE: in search of colored stones - by Bartholomeo - 05-20-2017, 09:38 AM
RE: in search of colored stones - by Lyanna - 05-26-2017, 09:49 AM