the Rift

[OPEN] This is why I don't want kids - [HERD QUEST]

Rhodoc Posts: 24
Aurora Basin Stallion
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16 hands :: 4 years
felix
I keep my gaze on the wandering wolf-kid, anticipating the inevitable slip-up that comes with being young and stupid and canine. By now, I've completely forgotten about the other wolves near the den but hey I've got a bet going and they're definitely not my problem. My ears swivel to catch the pierced woman's retorting, and a smirk twists its way onto my expression. Dogsitting. This is what I've got to look forward to.

"Rhodoc," I offer when she asks, swishing my tail. I'm about to ask her name when the sound of approaching hooves drags my attention away from both her and the pup. The first to show is another stallion with a bright streak in his mane and a spiraling horn. "You just gonna let it wander off and die?" Well, actually, yes.

Killjoy introduces himself as Lord Rikyn, and I do my best to put on a good face. He says something about the Time God bidding us to protect the mutts, and I interject with a "Yeah? Well the Time God can suck my—" This is when the second stallion comes strolling in, just in time to toss in his name: Erebos. I flicker my purple gaze between the two and a grin tugs at the corners of my lips. "Rhodoc, gentlemen. It's a real pleasure," I manage just before there's a rush of movement appearing from the corner of my eye. The dappled woman sees it, too, because she's already alerting the rest of us and making orders.

At first, I'm sort of just looking at these weird creatures sideways because what the fuck are they and why do I have to be involved. But before I have the chance to opt out, the greyish mare flings herself forward and rushes the armed creatures. And I'm supposed to follow her.

So, we're saving the goddamn dogs.

And although I'm probably extremely unqualified for the job - did you hear? I'm in the presence of generals and corporals and lords - I do what she says. There's no time for anything else. Those things seem to want the wolves, for whatever reason. So I rear back and then push myself after the Corporal, hooves thundering against the earth as I near the small clan of whatevers.

I keep my horn low in defense - not because I'm eager to save the wolves' lives but for my own protection. These things are quick, and they look like they pack a punch. Wrong place, wrong time, Rhodoc. Should've just stayed in the hot spring.
art © sky

@Rikyn @Erebos @Wessex
[Image: Rhodoc_pixel1.png]
Please tag me in all posts!
Magic/violence cool whenever.

Messages In This Thread
RE: This is why I don't want kids - [HERD QUEST] - by Rhodoc - 04-26-2017, 09:14 PM