the Rift

[PRIVATE] hit me with an encore

Mordecai Posts: 77
Aurora Basin Mare atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 3 years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
ali

His dad died?

Mordecai's head tilted a fraction more, her eyes narrowing as she wondered what that had to do with anything. She had lost a parent when she was a newborn, but from what she remembered and what she had been told it had not been a major loss. Her life had hung in the balance and when it came down to it she'd rather her mother be dead than herself.  She did, however, have a decent relationship with her father, even if she couldn't remember the last time she had seen him. And she had a strained relationship with her stepmother. She hadn't seen the bay mare since they had fought and she'd turned her blood to acid.

Still, she didn't understand the sadness when it came to the death of a parent. In the end everyone had to die sometime, no one lived forever. Not even immortals -- there was always a way to kill them, you just had to figure it out. But the death of his father seemed to have had a strong effect on Rikyn, even if he was being cold about it. He wouldn't have brought it up if it was unimportant.  That assumption was made even more concrete when he continued on about the Rift and becoming Lord of the Basin.

"Fucking you was less important, I guess."

Her magic flickered to life, but she stamped it down and kept it at bay even though she really wanted to turn every drop of his blood into acid that would burn through him and leave him writhing. For the first time she was trying to keep her temper at bay because even though she didn't want to, she liked Rikyn well enough.

"Anha zin...." then she paused, a look of concentration on her face as she tried to find the right word. "Sorry." She concluded when she came up empty. "I am sorry that your dad died." Even if she still didn't understand why it was so important or why it mattered so much. "And for leaving." Though she wasn't sure why that would have bothered Rikyn, either, considering they had both been outcasts.

That flicker of anger, and the desire that she'd had to use her magic on him died away when he dropped his head and looked down. She didn't want to care about his feelings, wanted to say fuck your feelings, but she still cared. Maybe it was because they had spent so much time cooped up together during Frostfall that she had started to see him more as a friend than a student or roommate. "Anha ki ojil."

"."
Translation:
Anha zin - I am
Anha ki ojil - i was wrong

MORDECAI

maybe life is nothing more than a curse inside the blessed
i'll fight this bloody war with every strangled breath
credits

@Rikyn
the emptiness that we confess in the dimmest hour of day
in Automatown they make a sound like the low sad moan of prey

Messages In This Thread