the Rift

[PRIVATE] That Which is Lost [TIAMAT]

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Random Event

The jar was glad that the one who had found it was so good natured; she listened to it with both ears lifted (though the vase could not truly see, as things with eyes did, it still knew she was focused upon it), and even empathized with its predicament. This was something that had never once happened to the Spirit Jar in all its countless years of existence. Those who fetched it from wherever the water, wind, or various beings which carried it last had laid it to rest were most often too preoccupied with what they could get from such an obviously magical thing. They never bothered to consider what such an existence must be like at all.

"It truly is," solemnly says the many voiced thing, in response, as Tiamat begins to do as it has asked.

Retrieving it from the sand most gently, and brushing away the granules of sand which covered its painted surface, the blue mare and her whale are regarded most warmly by the entity which she frees. With a musical clink it formulates an answer to her question; one which the jar has been asked too many times to remember precisely how many that was.

"I am the Spirit Jar, a holder of souls and magical energies…but I do not know where I am from," it answers, some wariness to be heard among the many voices lilting through the salty air. So many had fled after hearing of its true nature, to leave it alone, at the whim of the earth again, before ever being told the rest of its true purpose. "do not worry, though. They all want to be with me, and it was their choice. Don’t they seem happy to you?"

As it asks, the figures painted along its sides begin to move in place, as if running, turning their heads to watch the birds flap their wings overhead, or glancing over their shoulders at the rustle of other things in the gently swaying forest behind them. They all seem at peace, as the vase promises, but it certainly does not answer why they are there.

how curious
Image Credit

@Tiamat

Messages In This Thread
That Which is Lost [TIAMAT] - by Random Event - 04-13-2017, 01:25 PM
RE: That Which is Lost [TIAMAT] - by Tiamat - 04-18-2017, 02:23 AM
RE: That Which is Lost [TIAMAT] - by Random Event - 04-20-2017, 08:14 AM
RE: That Which is Lost [TIAMAT] - by Tiamat - 05-06-2017, 04:48 AM
RE: That Which is Lost [TIAMAT] - by Random Event - 05-20-2017, 11:06 AM