the Rift

Was the joke that bad? [open]

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

Rikyn

I was playing around with the notion, today, that I was going to run away again.

Not really because I often gave into such childish things, anymore, but because I had discovered, in what felt like mere hours, that Lord was not all it was cracked up to be. So far, I’d dealt with enough political visits to sate a rabid socialite (which I am not), made some lazy sugar-pony get his life together, talked Gods with Gods, discovered I was going to be a fucking dad, and otherwise spent day and night walking here and there, doing this and that.

None of it had been what I wanted to do, or really even needed to, that’s for sure.

Wouldn’t work, Duir tells me, remarking on my plan to escape out towards the Nightwalk again, trotting ahead on the paths through the Threshold, you will still remember home, and come back. He stops, looking back at me with his forest green and brilliantly gold flecked eyes. Like you did before.

I snort, a disgruntled sound that the lightning struck buck has come to recognize as my admission of defeat – or, at the very least, that I was done arguing. Remaining where he is until I catch up to him, he moves alongside me, his ever cheerful, sunlight warm voice blooming to life within my mind again.

You like being important, anyway, he says, and I look over at him with an amused roll of my eyes. He’s right, of course. I do really like people coming to ask me stuff, calling me Lord and bowing their heads, or waiting for me to show up at the border before they take off, but…

I sigh, thankfully distracted at that point in time by the sound of another, making their way down the trail. Stopping where we are, he comes into view, and I call out to him, a barely there smile replacing the scowl that had been in its stead moments before.

"Greetings, stranger," I say to him, tenor voice bridging the space between us well before Duir and I are in position to startle him with our company (and be in danger of his pretty sizeable horns, anyway), "you new around here? Most everyone out this way is."

’cause we need a little controversy
@Negan

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
Was the joke that bad? [open] - by Negan - 04-13-2017, 03:01 PM
RE: Was the joke that bad? [open] - by Rikyn - 04-13-2017, 03:35 PM
RE: Was the joke that bad? [open] - by Pippigrin - 04-14-2017, 12:42 AM
RE: Was the joke that bad? [open] - by Negan - 04-17-2017, 10:08 AM
RE: Was the joke that bad? [open] - by Rikyn - 04-17-2017, 02:55 PM
RE: Was the joke that bad? [open] - by Pippigrin - 04-22-2017, 10:25 AM