the Rift

Was the joke that bad? [open]

Negan Posts: 2
Unclaimed
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 5
Ampris

Negan

Burning, now I bring you hell

If time was a bitch, than destiny was it's bastard mistress. Everyone loved to romanticize destiny, stroke it fondly, and whisper sweet nothings of platitudes and thank yous. At the same time, when shit hits the fan, destiny is the fall guy and scape goat you point to in order the pass off that in was in fact your own failures that brought you where you are.

Negan knew that in the moment he was standing where he was, having to puff himself up and put on the facade like a wife's favorite set of makeup because he had swung and come up short. But still, he couldn't help and wonder if perhaps there was some being somewhere with a sick sense of humor that wanted to put him through the wringer again and see how well he could prance through this new obstacle course like a little show dog and brand it all as Negan's destiny.

Well they can have at it. Negan will play their game and put on his little show because really the only other option was death. If you're not living than you're dying and as much as Negan generally hated everyone and everything, he wasn't ready to just lay down and die until the world knew his name and knew the pain they had inflicted on him.

Just as he expected, it didn't take long for the eyes and ears of this new world to find him and an unassuming voice to tug gently at his ear that lightly flicked toward the greeters direction before Negan’s could follow and see what manner of equine graced these realms. If Negan was a higher strung creature he might have startled or stiffened in alarm, ready to flee at a moment’s notice but the years had given to him a new sense of confidence and self-assuredness. There wasn’t an equid or animal that he’d crossed paths with to date that he couldn’t stand toe to toe with and hold his own if need be. As such, Negan’s body remained relax but with a sense of pride shivering across his muscles as he met the gaze of the stranger that greeted him. It was a dark colored unicorn like Negan but only crowned with one horn. Streaks of warm hued colors painted his mane and slashed across his face from the eye like a battle scar. Next to the unicorn strode an unusual deer that was dappled brown and streaked with yellow. They made a striking pair.

The unicorn’s manner was welcoming and unaggressive and it was almost as if a switched flipped in Negan and the hint of defiance in his frame melted away, replaced with relaxed warmth as the barest of smiles replaced his lips. Negan needed to know where he was and to get the lay of the land, you don’t go storming the gates without knowing which is the way to the throne room. Before Negan could offer a cordial greeting of his own a large winged bird thudded from the sky nearby, startling him and causing him to step back once. Birds aren’t supposed to be that large and Negan had no knowledge of the skies to draw on. Oddly though it wasn’t a bird that he sighted but winged pony. Confusion flashed in his eyes with a soft snort before he could regain his composure. Negan knew of ponies, what horse didn’t, but it was more from a practical matter, he hadn’t actually conversed or come across many in the flesh. It was hard for him to hide the bemusement he felt watching the plucky thing stride over to the unicorn with all the gung ho of a full sized horse, like he had no knowledge that he was the smallest in the room. You had to give him credit on that if nothing else.
Lord Mr. Rikyn, Sir?

Lord? That got Negan’s attention. One doesn’t normally address another with a title unless they actually have one. He threw a second more appraising gaze toward the unicorn. He didn’t have long though to consider that further before the stone colored fun-sized pegasus approached with his own greeting ending with a light stomp on Negan’s front hoof that was confusing more than anything. Would all the land be filled with such strange customs? Regardless, he had to keep his instincts in control and play his part for now.

A warm smile tugged lightly at Negan’s lips as he drew his head up to a position that made it more comfortable to bear the weight of his antlers so they tipped back slightly and put more burden on his shoulders.
Greetings friends, Rikyn and Pippin. He tipped an antler toward them in acknowledgement. I seem to have stumbled on your lands, quite by accident let me assure you but yes, I am new to here. Name’s Negan. Maybe you can tell me where exactly I am that would hold such impressive specimens such as yourselves.

@Rikyn
@Pippigrin

Messages In This Thread
Was the joke that bad? [open] - by Negan - 04-13-2017, 03:01 PM
RE: Was the joke that bad? [open] - by Rikyn - 04-13-2017, 03:35 PM
RE: Was the joke that bad? [open] - by Pippigrin - 04-14-2017, 12:42 AM
RE: Was the joke that bad? [open] - by Negan - 04-17-2017, 10:08 AM
RE: Was the joke that bad? [open] - by Rikyn - 04-17-2017, 02:55 PM
RE: Was the joke that bad? [open] - by Pippigrin - 04-22-2017, 10:25 AM