the Rift

[OPEN] Journey to the Past

Weaver Posts: 149
Aurora Basin Corporal atk: 8.0 | def: 10.0 | dam: 3.0
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.1 :: 3 years HP: 61 | Buff: Novice
Raven :: Australian Raven :: Terrorize Kyra

i don't rise from the ashes, i make them.

Beloved laughter is akin to crickets in the Basin. Sometimes, Weaver doesn’t even notice it, the way she doesn’t notice the crickets or a babbling brook unless she wants to. But as the pale mare draws beside her, Weaver can’t ignore the laughter, and finds herself unusually thankful for the strange mare’s presence. The again from Beloved’s mouth catches Weaver’s attention though, wondering how long Yael has been here, what cause they had to meet. Not that it’s unusual to stumble upon stranger in Helovia, but still….these two?

Though she’d laugh if she could hear Yael’s thoughts. Sweet little foreign girl, my ass, she thinks. Little, yes. Foreign, yes, but in this place so is Weaver and just about everyone else. Sweet? Yea, not so much. Weaver’s met Yael enough times to know she’s far from sweet. Sure, she can be nice. Sure, she’s quite the loving mother, and even lets guilt get the best of her. But it’s not sweet.

What a trio they may.

She actually laughs. She can’t help it. The whole thing is so impossible and ridiculous that she just up and turns herself into Beloved for a moment. Though it’s not her incessant, creepy cackling, but downright amusement. “I walked,” she says, matter-of-factly. Because she did. She walked and flew and traveled through one world to the next until finally settling on this one. How on each her and Yael managed to pick the same land when there were countless others is beyond her. “How did you?” She doesn’t even finish the question, because it’s obvious enough what she’s asking.

Then Yael’s attention in on Beloved, some strange combination of hate and fear, maybe? Yea, so sweet Yael. “She does,” Weaver says flatly, not particularly thrilled with the current turn of events right now. Weaver has no idea what Helovia took from Yael and what it’s given her, but she doesn’t feel inclined to find out. Because if it comes to that, Weaver’s hardly going to walk away from that fight. “We live here, and you do not. If you have things you want it might benefit you to remember you are our guest.”

She doesn’t care that she’s being entirely rude. Because though Tiamat would totally scold her right now, Rikyn thankfully had a little more backbone, and probably would not. But no one pins their damn ears at one the Basin’s own. Particularly while standing on their border with some request in mind. She debates telling Yael she ought to say please, but instead just answers, not really in the mood to get into it anymore with her past. She’d come here to escape it, after all, but the little golden mare somehow stands on her doorstep anyway. “Cassius is our Haruspex, and Ode one of the Basin’s disciples. Either of them would be able to help you.”

I'm the whole fucking fire.

- weaver -

image credit | quote by erin van vuren

@Yael @Beloved

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by AmoretteRose

Messages In This Thread
Journey to the Past - by Yael - 04-13-2017, 05:50 PM
RE: Journey to the Past - by Weaver - 04-13-2017, 07:26 PM
RE: Journey to the Past - by Beloved - 04-18-2017, 09:09 AM
RE: Journey to the Past - by Yael - 04-21-2017, 10:29 AM