the Rift

the art of hate [delinne]

Mandrake Posts: 53
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: 15
Alex

I do not like mares. Not fillies either. Why do they wonder why I have no little fillies running around? Because I do not like mares. Funny, isn't it, that one can be sexist to their own sex. Some may wonder if I wish I was male. No! That is not it! It is complicated. Complicated beyond belief. Some may wonder if it has to do with my past. You may be onto something... or then, maybe not. Some may wonder why I kill sires. Maybe it has to do with my past... then again, maybe not. Some may wonder why I desire to have so many children doing what I wish. Guess what? Maybe it has something to do with my well-guarded, well-hidden past. Guess what? Maybe not.

My mind was pondering the delicacies of childhood as I walked, up this twisting hill to the very top. Snow, snow, delightful snow. It is like a child- so clean, so pure... until I step on it. Until I rub my hoofprint in it until it is totally and utterly mine, mine to control. Unlike snow, however, children can kill at my command. Power is pleasure. 'With great power comes responsibilty', they say. Well, I use responsibilty over my children.

It is a delightful day, pretty and gray and lovely. It reflects my somber musings, although it is not dark and many-layered, like I am. It is gray-skyed and the sun smears its hands on the soft white blanket covering the warm earth. Snow crunches under my step, twists under me, succumbing to me.

Just like children.

"Something to say."

Delinne Posts: 232
Hidden Falls Curiosus II
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Dezba :: Black Jaguar :: Stormcall Ina

D e l i n n e

As the hill towered above her, the Friesian sighed. Her wound was slightly more healed than before, but it still took a small amount of her energy step by step. Snow chilled her grey-hued hooves, collaborating with the wind that freezed down her body.
She had never been up here before, but maybe she would find what she was looking for here.
The mare looked behind her, observing the great forest downhill. The Treshold.

Where she had been picked up by Mauja, her leader. It's been a while since she had seen him, last time was right after the invasion.
Back then, the trees had stood proud with huge crowns of green leaves. Now they were naked, exposed in the snow. Just like she was exposed here, walking up a hill. She sighed, stopped and closed her blue eyes for a second.
"If only I knew where the herd is. If only I knew who I was looking for." The mare sighed once more and started to walk again. 'It had been much easier...'
The Friesian was almost at the top now and on her side, she saw a grey figure. Dell raised one of her 'brows and stopped.

The figure came closer and details started to show. It was an equine, dappled grey and a little taller than herself. The equine seemed to be older than Dell too.
Delinne snorted and lowered her head fore the equine. It looked like a mare, but she didn't know for sure. Maybe if she heard her voice...
"May I ask who you are?" Dell's voice rang clear in the cold air, having no problems making herself heard.
Maybe this was the one she was looking for? She both hoped it would be, and hoped it wouldn't.

Word count: 296
OOC: The "came closer"-part is because she sees Mandrake walking up the hill c: and blleeeeeeehhh to this ._. I have no muse at all...

Walk, walk, walk.
"Talk, talk, talk."
'Think, think, think.'

Credits

Deceased
Alex

A mare! Just my luck. I snort, eyeing the unicorn darkly as she approaches. Little bitch daring to approach me? I silently will her away, yet the damn beast comes closer. Ugly bitch she is, all lightning-sparky and of Friesian descent. She didn't smell of a herd. I bristle as she approaches. Go away, go away, go fucking away! Do I want to attack her, drive her off, scare her, terrify her? She may prove interesting. Mostly, I just want to be left alone to eat this bitter-grass and stay as warm as possible. Death is imminent in the cold, especially in this god-damned Frostfall where the Sun God does not soften the ice that spikes your lungs and rubs bitter hands through your coat.

But no.

"No, you may not ask who I am! But Mandrake, so you know not to come anywhere near me again." I snarl, a low growl rumbling in my throat. In one brief moment, my pelt flickers black and my teeth become fangs, before I grip myself and shake off the jaguar form.

"Something to say."

Hidden Falls Curiosus II

D e l i n n e

"No, you may not ask who I am! But Mandrake, so you know not to come anywhere near me again."
Holy shit! Dell backed away, laying her ears tightly against the back of her head. What was wrong with this equine?!
She even thought that she saw a small change in the mare's coat and her teeth. This was probably the one she had been looking for.
The one who resembled to the jaguar.

Mandrake... What a unique name. The name was fitting to the equine, somehow.
Dell shook her head and snorted, irritated by the sound of Mandrake's voice. She didn't dare to get closer, mostly because she cared about her life.
Well, at least she cared enough to continue it.
Delinne had never wanted a life like hers, still her unicorn mother had chosen to birth her and give her to the father. The Friesian shrugged at the memories and concentrated on the equine instead.

She stood on a further distance than before, mostly because of safety.
"Mandrake," the mare said, still with a clear voice but a bit more quiet. She didn't want the mare to transform into whatever she was flickering as before.
"I'm sorry that I disturbed you, but I want to speak with you. I promise with my life -" Dell took another step away from the equine. "- that I will not talk to you again after this."

Word count: 235
OOC: -

Walk, walk, walk.
"Talk, talk, talk."
'Think, think, think.'

Credits

Deceased
Alex

The be-damned sparky-horse does not leave! I growl, form shifting, fully this time. It's painful, sparking pain that runs through my body, but I do not cry out or whimper as someone weaker would do. I am no spineless slug! I am Mandrake, bane of all my enemies. However, she speaks, trying to appease me. I pause, and although I remain in this form, I grumble, "What is it?" Dark eyes roam over the white-streaked mare. I like being a predator. White claws flex, digging deep lines in the hard earth, crunching through to the sweet dark soil, the elixir to grass, therefore the elixir to life. Should I long to, I would happily attack the mare, but I will wait. If she fools with me, I will give her a beautiful scar to keep this meeting on my mind forever. And if she dares to truly annoy me, then all I have to do is call on my sons.

"Something to say."

Hidden Falls Curiosus II

D e l i n n e

This was the mare. She had to be the one she was looking for. Delinne watched as the equine turned into the companion she wanted - though only the looks of it.
A melanistic jaguar.
Her ears were still tightly pressed to the back of her skull and she kept the safe distance from Mandrake. How could someone appear so evil with barely any word exchange between them?

"Uhm.. I understand that you do not want to speak with me, but I have to. I'm completing a quest given from the Earth God, and you may be the one I'm looking for. Or, you're definitely the one I've been looking for." Her voice was a bit unsteady due to nervousness. Dell wasn't nervous around others normally, but predators... They deserved respect.
This must be what the God told her.
He had said: "Seek out someone that resembles what you seek to understand the full power such a being wields, and the true harm it has caused." Exactly those words. The blue orbs turned to meet the feline's gray eyes.
She had to be the one.

"I'm looking for the one who resembles to the description of a jaguar, one who fits the predator's behavior. And... I need to know if you have caused harm to others and changed their life." The Friesian felt that it was a dumb question somehow, but she had to ask. How else would she find out? Through others?
She didn't even know any equines except for Lace, and she was sure that he hadn't been in the same herd as this strange mare.

Word count: 268
OOC: bleh ._.

Walk, walk, walk.
"Talk, talk, talk."
'Think, think, think.'

Credits

Deceased
Alex

Did this mare always simply ask other horses if they were murderers? Things were very different than they had once been. A low rumble comes in the back of my throat, before I pause and consider. It may be a good idea to knock some fear into her, get a couple of rumors circulating about an almighty mare. I like that idea. Nothing outrageous of course, I'll just tell her a couple of truths mixed with white lies. "Do you always ask horses if they're murderers?" I snap, fur bristling. "But, let me tell you something." I stalk closer, tail-tip twitching, eyeing the unicorn with annoyance and hate. Closer I come, until I'm standing by the mare's head. I tilt my black-furred skull up, and then I murmur, "I kill my daughters and have my sons drink the blood of their fathers. I have many achievements in this world, all of which will kill anyone I ask, anyone I wish, anyone I may pretend to love." I purr the last words, eyes laughing, laughing laughing laughing at this pitiful mare. "Unless you want me to set loose my sons on you, leave now. I will enjoy watching you bleed into the earth."

"Something to say."

Hidden Falls Curiosus II

D e l i n n e

Closer.
The jaguar before her came closer, making her beat a bit faster but she stood still and quiet. Her face was neutral as she faced the predator - face to face, eye to eye.
Dell looked into the animal's eyes, seeing the hate against her. Shit. She had to get to the Forest directly after this.
The unicorn wasn't normally easy to scare, but the sight of this animal before her made her re-think her choice of companion.
But... If she had a jaguar, no one would come closer to her. She would finally have someone to protect her for real. She had to face this... This was her quest.

With two light blue orbs, she observed the animal and listened to it.
"I kill my daughters and have my sons drink the blood of their fathers. I have many achievements in this world, all of which will kill anyone I ask, anyone I wish, anyone I may pretend to love." Crap. THIS was what the God wanted her to face?
A maniac?
"Unless you want me to set loose my sons on you, leave now."
The jaguar/equine/what the hell that mare was, didn't have to say it twice. Dell snorted at the animal and backed away from it, slowly down the hill.
"You've answered my question. G... Bye, Mandrake." And with those words said, she left.

Galloping down the hill of snow, she sighed. Well, she didn't have to feel alone with such an animal in her company. A companion that would help her against the ones she disliked, the ones she feared and so on.
Her jaguar would be her baby.

Word count: 274
OOC: Bleh, but glad to have this over-with xD No muse whatsoever in this thread.. >.>

Walk, walk, walk.
"Talk, talk, talk."
'Think, think, think.'

Credits