the Rift

[OPEN] Between the woods and frozen lake

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

sweet bitter words, unlike nothing I have heard:

She’s looking for Glasgow, she tells me, and my eyebrows go up with recognition at the name; it takes me a minute to remember who she is, though, having met so many new people in the past weeks, and, when the memory of the scarred woman who’s back I’d held at the mouth of the crafter’s cave finally rises to mind, I nod. Though I know the others – Tia and Lena being friends, and Mortuus, a tentative adversary, as we had never, at least by my experience, gotten along, but tolerated one another – I figure its best to know exactly who she’s looking for, if I’m to be much help to her, after all.

There is not much of a pause between her explanation and the arrival of the pale woman herself, however, and she arrives to the gathering as if I’m not here. Lifting my head and watching the ongoing interaction between the mares with the sort of expression that reveals the truth of the matter (I’m offended). Even when being ignored comes with an offhand “I didn’t see you there!” from a woman who might actually not have (her eyes are scarred, after all, which perhaps did affect her vision), I find it hard to remove the frown from my face, despite the happiness which infects both of the women.

I’m not so cheerful all the time, unfortunately.

"Probably a good thing, Lyanna," I decide, after Duir gives me a mental poke (it’s my turn in the conversation, according to him, I guess), "I like trouble, most of the time. Wouldn’t stop her if I noticed."

Nodding my head in farewell, I turn to leave, deciding that I’d rather not hang out while they talk about hoof tinctures and mane conditioners… or whatever it is “gal pals” get all giggly about when they get together. I wouldn’t really know; the girls I’d spent the majority of my time around so far were, well, a little bit moody, at the best. They didn’t seem to have gaggles of friends, like some chicks seemed to, which suited me just fine – I didn’t have a lot of true friends, either. More like a thousand acquaintances, plus one, now that I've met this Lyanna of the Edge, too.

"I’ll leave you ladies to it then," I say with a smile, as I gladly return to my aimless wandering, lion’s tail curving slowly behind me; Duir gives them a last farewell glance of his own, and I shoot the cheeky wink and smirk of a shared joke towards Glasgow before departing, "I’ll be looking inside caves for unconscious unicorns if you need anything."

[ OOC: Politely makes his exit because the idea of girl talk gives him the hives. ]

sing along, mockingbird; you don't affect me.

Image by TheArtlex@DA

@Glasgow @Lyanna

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
Between the woods and frozen lake - by Lyanna - 04-17-2017, 10:49 AM
RE: Between the woods and frozen lake - by Rikyn - 04-28-2017, 10:20 AM
RE: Between the woods and frozen lake - by Lyanna - 05-01-2017, 11:14 AM
RE: Between the woods and frozen lake - by Rikyn - 05-02-2017, 11:35 AM
RE: Between the woods and frozen lake - by Lyanna - 05-07-2017, 08:42 AM
RE: Between the woods and frozen lake - by Lyanna - 05-26-2017, 09:27 AM